Chapter Six

Time Lapse

C h a p t e r   S  i  x  .

M i   H o

“Mi Ho.” Sehun looks at me and I smile. “Tell me what happened will you? You’re eyes are swollen. Do you think I’ll believe that you just yawned?”

I chuckle. He’s right, who am I kidding? But I can’t possible let him know what happened. It’s not Baekhyun’s fault after all. “It’s nothing okay? I’m alright now. Can you get Sejoon for me? He’s playing at his room. We can eat our dinner now.”

He sighs nodding and headed to Sejoon’s room.

Oh wait, I forgot you’re just a girl who likes playing with a guy’s heart huh?

I sigh. Why did I even slap him earlier? It’s not his fault... but what he said really hurt. I clench my hand on my chest. “And it still does...”

“Mom!” I look up and wiped my eyes turning to Sejoon.

“Hello there my little prince!” I crouched and carried him. “I cooked you’re favorite, bibimbap today!!!”

“Yes! I love bibimbap!”

I chuckle kissing his cheek. “And I know you do! Let’s get you in your seat shall we?” He nods. “Here you go~” I hand him his spoon and I watch him mix it. He prefers it whenever he mixes his own food and gets upset when I do it for him. Geez, he’s just three years old and wants to be independent already. I grin at the thought and chuckle.

“Oh! Sehun, you eat too! Here.” I hand him a spoon and he laughs playfully.

“I really can’t win against you Sejoon. Your Mom always forget that you’re not the only ones here whenever she has her eyes on you.”

“Mom loves me more than you.” Sejoon replied and I laugh.

“Of course I do.” I smile and we all started eating. I look at Sejoon’s bowl seeing how he’s setting aside all the carrots on his food. “What are you doing?”

“I don’t like carrots...”

“But I told you not to be picky when it comes to vegetables.”

“But I hate them Mommy...” he pours and I chuckle. I shake my head taking all of his carrots and ate them. I freeze realizing something. It's the same. They both hate carrots-

"Mi Ho?" I snapped from my though with Sehun's voice. "Are you okay? You're getting pale."

"Y..Yes." Snap out of it Kim Mi Ho. Don't dream of something that might disappoint you and hurt you in the end.

»« »« »«

When Baekhyun and I met again the next day, things are soooo awkward between us. I can’t even look at him in the eye when I just slapped him yesterday. I look up and saw Chanyeol looking at me with a strange look on his face across my desk.

“W..What?”

“Did something happen between you both?” I flinch but I hid my emotions with a smile.

“We’re good haha...” his eyes narrowed at my answer and I just smiled. Baekhyun returns from the comfort room and freezes when our eyes met. I bowed to him and he clears his throat.

“It’s lunch time.” He says.

“So it is Mr. Byun. Do you want me to find a place where you can eat?”

“It’s fine.” He turns to Chanyeol. “Find us somewhere to eat.”

“Excuse me? Us?” Chanyeol asked.

“Do I have to repeat myself?”

“No sir. I am merely asking. I will find somewhere to eat. It will be ready in ten minutes.”

He looks back at me and takes my hand. I flush in surprise as I walk. He's holding my hand?! We stop on his car and he takes his key out. "Get in."

"Ah, yes!" I walk to open his door and he sighs. "Is something wrong?"

"I told you to get in, not open my door."

"But-" his looks are threatening. I've never seen Baekhyun like this before. He's just different from how I know him from before. I get on the front seat and he walks to the driver's seat.

"What?"

"Um, are you driving?"

"Should I let the car drive by itself?"

"I don't mean that-" he ignores me starting the car. Is it just the two of us? SERIOUSLY JUST THE TWO OF US?! Oh my god this is so awkward. We are already awkward here what more when we reach the place?

"Stop fidgeting for goodness sake!" I flinch at his sudden rise of voice.

"S..Sorry." He's really different now. Does he hate me that much? Well, I did leave him without notice. His phone rings so he connects it on his car.

"Did you reserve it? Alright, thanks." He ends the call and glanced at me. "Chanyeol sent you the place. Place it on my GPS."

"Alright." I look on my phone and saw Chanyeol's message. Oh? Seafood. I love seafood! But will it be fine? Baekhyun hates it.

"What?"

"It's a seafood place, will you be fine with that?"

"Wha-" he hesitates for a moment and sighs. "I don't have a choice, he made a reservation. Just put it in."

"Alright then." I enter the address on the GPS. This is weird, Baekhyun hates seafood that's why we only eat seafood on my birthdays back then. I wonder if he changed. When we reach the place I look at Baekhyun and he looks like he's hesitating. "We can just look somewhere else if you don't want to eat here-"

"I already said it's fine! Now let's go!" I follow him inside and the familiar smell that I love embraces me. I can’t help but to smile. It’s been a while since I’ve last ate seafood after all! “Kim Mi Ho!”

“Coming!” I ran catching up to Baekhyun and we take our seat at the booth near the window. I smile as I make my way in. The waitress handed us the menu. Just as I thought, everything’s almost seafood. I take a peek on Baekhyun and as I expected he’s having a hard time with the menu. I smile thinking of something. “Mr. Byun?”

“What?”

“Can I place the order instead?” He glances at me and closes his menu.

“Very well then.”

I smile and look at the waitress. “We’ll take one seafood and vegetable cheese fondue and a plate of buttered crab please. Is that okay for you Mr. Byun?”

“I..I guess.” I told the waitress that it will be all and she nods jotting down everything.

“Coming right up.” The waitress leaves us after taking our order.

I look at Baekhyun as he stared outside with his chin resting on his hand. “You ordered it again.”

“Excuse me?”

“The crab. You always eat that whenever you go on seafood restaurants.” I was taken back for a while when I hear him say that. I thought he forgot all about it.

“I love crabs after all.” I smile. After a while of waiting, our order arrived. I handed him a pair of chopsticks and spoon. “Here you go.”

“Thanks.”

“Oh!” I take my plate and remove the carrots from the fondue. “There, you can start eating now.”

“What...did you just do?”

“I took the carrots out. You don’t like them right? So I’ll eat them for you.”

“S..Suit yourself!”

For a while, I think he just flushed but I guess it’s just me having a wishful thinking. We started dipping or food to the cheese and you can just taste heaven in one bite. “Wah, this is just delicious.”

“Your taste buds are so easy to please.” Just as I thought, it’s just wishful thinking huh? He’s just as mean as ever. After a while, the crab follows and can just this lunch get any better?

“Wha-“ I gasp when Baekhyun took the plate. I look at him in confusion. He takes the legs put and sets them aside breaking the crab into pieces. He’s doing it like back then, setting it up before I eat it.

“Here.” I flush touched by what he just did. He did not forget that too. He still remembers... “W..What’s wrong with you?!”

I smile shaking my head. “Nothing. Thank you.” I take the plate from him and started eating. I noticed that he’s staring. “Do you want one? I’ll take the meat out for you if you want.”

“I hate seafood dummy.” He flicks my forehead.

“Ah!”

“Just seeing you eat it makes it delicious. Fill yourself up.” He’s..He’s smiling! I smile as I eat my food. I guess Baekhyun haven’t changed completely after all. I’m relieved.

»« »« »«

“Thank you! Please come again!” The shop owner greets us as we make our way out.

“Shall we go back then?” I started walking to where Baekhyun had parked earlier but I noticed he stopped. “Something wrong?”

“Let’s... Let’s take a walk. I ate too much.” I my head to the side in confusion. From what I remember, he didn’t eat a lot. He just ate the vegetables and the soup.

“Alright.” We walk pass the streets of Myungdong and a lot of stalls are new here. I stop looking at one of the stalls. They are selling an ivory ribbon shaped clip. It’s so pretty.

“What is it?”

“Oh, I was just thinking if I should buy a replacement for the one that I am using now-“ I stop realizing what I am doing. Kim Mi Ho this isn’t a date! “Oh! I’m sorry Mr. Byun! I shouldn’t be doing this!”

“It’s fine.” He’s talking with his warm voice and looks at the clip taking it. “This one right?”

“Y..Yes.”

“Turn around.”

Not knowing why he asked that, I did as I am told because I’m afraid he might yell at me again for not doing so. I feel my hair being loosen up and I can feel him touching it. “I’ll take this. Here.”

He faces the girl on the stall and takes a bill from his wallet. “Oh! I should pay for that-“

“Here’s your change. Your girlfriend must be happy to have someone like you Mister! You’re such a sweet guy!”

“Huh? But we’re-“

“Let’s go.” He ignored the girl and walks ahead so I followed him. He stops all of a sudden so I did too. “I’m sorry.”

“What for?” I ask. Why is he apologizing all of a sudden? And with his back facing me on top of that.

“I...I made you cry yesterday didn’t I? I got too worked up. Sorry. I didn’t realize that you may not want to talk about that but I still pushed you.”

“Oh, um...”

“That said! That’s fine as an apology right?!” He said pointing at the pin that he bought for me. This pin and the lunch treat, did he do all of that to apologize? “Say something will you?!”

I smile. “Yes, thank you Mr. Byun.” He flushed and walks ahead of me. I chuckle, he’s still cute when he’s shy. I run and to catch up to him. He still hasn’t changed.


UPDATEEEE! How do y’all like this chapter? Hahaha! I got so much feels writing this so I hope you enjoyed it! ^^ let me now what you all feel so leave your comments for me to read ^^ 

- cheonsabyul <3