Fools

Bloom: Jenlisa one-shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

-only fools fall for you

 


-


isn't it just typical to have a little bit of a crush on your best friend? I mean, I've known Lisa eversince she her hair was still like a boy's with it's color still black.

now, we're teenagers turning into adults soon, and with time, a lot of things have changed. Her hair was all long now, and she's blonde, her once puffy cheeks thinned out to show her cheekbones, her nose was more defined and her once sweet and innocent attitude changed into something that made her the school's heart-throb.

nonetheless, she's still my best friend, even though sometimes we would feel like something more than that.

I am Jennie Kim, Lalisa Manoban's best friend.

like when were kids, we'd go out and play at our backyards, playing tag, making tents and role-playing, her being the knight in her shining armor and I was the princess trapped inside a castle waiting for her to save me. 

I guess my view towards her changed back then when were still both playing with the pillows in her room, smashing each other with it as we bounced at her bed, the afternoon sun was shining on her with some of the feathers falling right in place at the perfect spots making that picture of her smiling at me tattooed inside my mind, how beautiful Lisa really was, it was comfortable and at the same time the rush of adrenaline circulated inside of me when we'd get close, sometimes I'd fidget, sometimes I'd be so relaxed wishing she'd just be there beside me, or whenever she was hugging me I wouldn't mind being snucked inside her hold.


I'm here at the back of the room looking at her from behind while the class lecture continues, these feelings inside were daring to be tested, like fire it burnt at the same time it felt comfortably warm.


and even after all these years it still remained the same.


"Jennie" she called out my name, her smile is always bright, she carried with her the white bento box she filled with beef bulgolgi.

"let's go eat at the rooftop" a place where there's quiet and not a lot of attention, where we could have our own peace without girls trying to win Lisa's heart.

it's funny because it's like I'm the only one allowed to have it, but I'm her best friend, it would be weird for her. Though my hopes are high, I must keep them small.

the skies looked the same, it was quiet and the wind was combing our hair while we ate our lunch.

I flinched a bit when her fingers made contact with my skin, she was pinning my hair at the back of my ear, fixing it and smiling at me, I heard my heart beat like the drums of the marching bands, it was loud and it felt hot, perhaps it was the sun, but it kept the growing blush creeping on my face look more visible.

"you're beautiful Jennie" she says with all sincerity, she smiled at me again, her eyes darted to mine, those round and glossy orbs that reminded me of a scene back then years ago. Another picture inside my mind is carved.

I didn't notice that her hand was still at the back of my ear, we were staring wt each other for about a few seconds now, there was only the feeling and burning desire hidden in those seconds, her eyes were saying something I couldn't seem to decipher.

Her gaze changed from something caring to something more serious but daring, her hand traveled to my cheek, her soft hand against my cheeks felt at ease, I was in panic, I couldn't seem to move.

frozen and the irregular heartbeats kept on going, while the gap between us started to fade.

with her face just about a few more inches closer to mine, sge had her eyes looking at my lips making me gulp and bite my bottom lip at the same time, she looked back at me with those caring eyes and closed them.

with our faces just an inch closer, I closed my eyes and let my heart flutter more as our lips meet for the first time, letting all these butterflies inside of me churn and flow while our lips were in sync, she tasted a little bit like heaven and at the same time like her cherry flavoured lip gloss. I never imagined kissing my best friend, after that it became more of a habit especially when we part.

"always leave me with a reminder of you for the rest of the day" Lisa says as she hooked her hand around my waist, her mint flavoured scent covered me and she leaned in to give me another kiss before I enter my house.

A small wave at my doorstep with a shy smile and she went back to her place a block away from me.


it's a secret we'd hide to keep us together, I know how strict Lisa's parents are, how much they want their daughter to become, I can't really say I'm approved in their family as something more than a friend.. for now, but until I prove myself to them then I can show them how much I value Lisa, as something more than just my best friend.

 

-


my head was resting at her chest as we layed down at the school's rooftop looking at the sky, I held her hand and placed a soft kiss at the back of her palm.

"aren't you weirded out that your best friend is in love with you?" I asked her, she caressed my hand and sighted.

"no, I was actually wishing that you'd feel something more than just friendship with me" she replied "and when you looked way too beautiful that one lunch time  I couldn't help but to kiss you"


"aren't you going to attract to those girls trying to get  your attention thought?" I asked again.

"why would you think I'd do something like that?" her face looked puzzled by my question.

"random question"

"why would I fall for them when I'm already deeply in love with you?" shw smirked back and sneaked a quick kiss at my cheek.

"I love you Jennie" I heard her say, it rings in my ears like a bell in my chest, it was something I've always been wanting to hear from her. 

it was always something I've secretly been wishing for.


-

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter