THERE GOES THE CHILD IN ME.

Love Expiration
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Clarise grew up a lot since the last time I saw her. Every time I look in her eyes, I see a different girl, my daughter already knows the difference of reality and fantasy. The little girl who once believed in fairytales is now living her own and even though I can see that she’s happy with how her life is going now.

“Charles” I called.

“Yes…Aunty?” he answered and I called him out to talk.

“Tell me…are those two really serious about getting married?” I asked while looking at my daughter and her fiancée.

“Truth is…they are…Jiyong is really into Clarise aunty…and your lovely little girl is so in-love....I think they have pictured themselves together…forever” he answered and I sighed.

I was shocked when my daughter told me that she’s already engaged. As a matter of fact, I don’t know how to react, my body just went stiff and I can feel shivers down my spine. I don’t want to let go of my little girl just yet, but if this will make her happy, I’m going to support her all the way.

“Why aunty? Are you shocked about this whole thing?” Charles asked me and I sighed.

“I’ll lie if I tell you I’m not” I told him and he chuckled.

“I was too…but I saw how Jiyong pushed boundaries just to get that approval from Clarise…if you only know what we’ve been through just for that proposal to be possible” he said and I looked at him curiously.

“Don’t tell me he shut down a restaurant” I joked and he shook his head.

“He hired a limousine….wrote gazillion of notes for her…asked for help from his boss and his co-artists to make a video…and more….that’s how much he loves her” he told me and all I can do is gasp.

I’m impressed! I’ve never encountered a guy who will do such things. Now, it’s clearer to me, Jiyong really wants my daughter and he loves her.

“Aunty? Are you really mad at Jiyong? I mean…this cold you is really scary…personally…I’m not used to it and I’m also scared” Charles said and I laughed.

“Oh little boy! This is just an act…I just want to test your sister…I don’t know…this may be a stupid thing for a mother to do but….I just want to see her reaction if I act y in front of her lover” I replied and Charles laughed.

“You’re crazy Aunty!” he joked and I hugged his arm.

“I’m gonna do this to you too…once you decide to marry a girl” I said and he gave me a disgusted look.

“You know so well that girls are really not for me” he told me and I laughed so hard.

“What’s your plan Aunty? Can I take part in it?” he asked and I nod.

“Well...I want to talk with Jiyong first…you know…just to clear some things and to know him better as well…I know that your sister will definitely not let me go near him…so what I need you to do…is get her out of the apartment…Trish knows what to do as well” I told him and he nods.

“OK…got that!” he said and we gave each other high fives.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

GD's POV

 

“Mom…can we just rest? I mean…it’s already late…I’m sure you’re already tired…you can talk with Jiyong tomorrow” Clarise told her mom and I hold her hand.

“It’s OK honey” I told her and she sighed.

“Clarise...Trish…let’s go to my apartment for a while…let Aunty and Jiyong talk” Charles hyung said and I nod at Clarise telling her that she should obey him.

As a matter of fact, I don’t want her to leave me alone with her mom but of course, I have to be a man and face her mother. I don’t know what to expect, I am worried and scared at the same time, I cannot even think right anymore.

“C’mon nippy” Trish told Clarise and she looked at me worriedly.

Clarise is adding up my worry. I’m feeling more nervous because I feel like she’s telling me that her mom is really to watch out for and she can crush me anytime. I’m being honest here, my future mother in-law is really scary.

“Fine” she said but she pulled me inside her room, shocking her mom.

“Clarise! What are you doing?” I asked her the moment she closed the door.

“I just want to tell you that my mom is testing you…she’s just acting rude…OK?” she told me and I wrapped my arms around her waist.

“Don’t worry…I know that” I said and she looked at me in shock.

“How did you know?” she asked and I kissed her forehead.

“I can feel that you’re mom is really kind…she just looks a bit scary because of her serious face” I told her and she sighed.

“Just answer honestly…and sincerely” she told me and I chuckled.

“When did I ever lie to you?” I asked and she smirked.

“I’m just reminding you….I love you OK?” she said and I kissed her.

“I love you too…don’t worry about me…I’ll be your mom’s new bestfriend after this talk” I joked and she pushed my face away from hers playfully.

After that, the two girls along with Charles hyung went to his apartment to give me and Clarise’s mom time for some private talk. My heart is already out of my body and I can’t even explain what I’m feeling already.

“Sit down Jiyong” her mom said while pointing at the solo couch.

I’ve never been this nervous, this is the first time that I’m feeling this kind of nervousness. This is so nerve wracking.

“OK…I know that I’ve been acting like a villain awhile ago and I want to apologize for that…truth is…I don’t mean it and I fully understand why you’re late” she started and I nod at her while smiling.

“Truth is….it’s not you that I’m testing…it’s my daughter” she said and I looked at her in surprise.

OK. So she’s been acting weirdly because of Clarise. That’s really cool. I actually thought that it was really me that she was testing.

“It’s all good to me ma’am…I’m fine with everything…really” I told her and she chuckled.

“You’re really a sweet boy…I was actually shocked when Charles said that you reserved the whole restaurant just for us…it’ll take a true man to do that” she said and I chuckled shyly.

“That’s nothing ma’am…I just want you and Trish to be comfortable…I’m sorry for cutting your fun when we’re at the café…some people recognized me and it’s a bit risky” I told her and she looked at me sweetly.

“Is it hard? I mean…you’re a public property…a lot of people owns you…you’re known everywhere you go” she asked and I sighed.

“It is hard ma’am…especially when it comes to Clarise…I’ve been keeping her…and I want to ask for your forgiveness because I’m keeping your daughter as a secret instead of shouting to the whole world that I’m already taken” I apologized.

“I think what you’re doing right now is all good…I don’t really want my daughter to be seen by the public…I will actually request you to protect her privacy…I know that it’s impossible but as much as possible…don’t let her be seen by the public…I think you’re aware of her situation…well…her dad is really searching for her…a big amount of money is at stake…making a lot of people interested in looking for her” she said.

“Personally….I don’t want her to be found…now that I know she’s in good hands…but it’s impossible…I know…sooner or later…her dad will find her and when that moment comes…Jiyong…you have to fight for my daughter…I’m begging you…don’t give her up…she looks so happy now and I’ve never saw that smile of hers for ages…and the way she laughs…it’s so free…as a mother…it is really overwhelming…I’m so happy seeing my daughter like that” she said and I smiled at her.

Clarise’s mom is really cool and we already loosened up to each other already. She’s telling me stories about Clarise’s childhood and how she ended up being a rebel kid. I’m learning a lot from my future mother in-law and I’m so happy.

“You know what? When Clarise was around ten…she’s always telling me that she wanted to be a princess…that she wants a glass slipper like Cinderella and even have a beast as a prince charming like Belle…she’s so fond of watching all those fairytales and her dream gets bigger and bigger…and now…I think she’s living her dream…she’s making her own fairytale…awhile ago…she told me that….most girls say they want a fairytale but you taught her that it’s not really what she wants…..instead…she wants someone who will make fun of her and laugh at her jokes even if they aren’t funny….someone that wrestles with her and doesn’t let her win just cause she’s a girl...you are her perfect guy…after I heard that….I know right then and there that my daughter is so sure about you” she said and my heart is so flattered.

“Ma’am…Clarise is my everything…she’s more than a princess to me…I know that I’m not the guy that she has pictured being with….but I’ll prove to her that I’m worth it…that her time won’t be wasted on me…all I want to do is make her happy and to get her out of her chaotic world…I love your daughter so much ma’am” I told her and she reached for my hand and squeezed it tightly.

“I remember telling Clarise when she was still young that…it is better for a girl to sleep a hundred years and be kissed and awakened by the right prince…than to stay awake and be kissed a hundred times by the wrong frog…and now I can say that she’s been kissed by a prince even though she has kissed a lot of frogs before” she joke and I laughed.

“I don’t know if I’m really a prince ma’am but I’m quite sure that I’m not a frog” I told her and she laughed so hard.

“I didn’t know that you’re this fun...you’re also crazy like my daughter” she said and I laughed.

“She’s a lot crazier ma’am” I said.

“Don’t call me ma’am a

Please log in to read the full chapter