Congratulations

Golden Quill - The Leaders (GQ3)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The driver had barely parked the car and Kai was already reaching for the door, “Pick me up tomorrow morning.”

“Director, this isn’t on the schedule.” The driver cautioned.

Kai paused, “Inform Taemin that I am with Lilly Kim.”

“Till when, Director?” the driver was not a fan of Lilly Kim, she’d once got him into trouble with Kai. Saying he’d driven badly but the truth was she’d been drunk and hanging over some other guy. The driver knew why she’d complained to Kai. Ms Kim had been afraid of him mentioning the incident. What a piece of work! 

“Pick me up at 6 am.” Kai instructed impatiently, “Anything else? I will remind you Ki-bum ssi that I am entitled to a private life and that you work for me, not my mother or the Lee Household. Arasseo?” Kai slammed the door and stormed into the building even angrier.

“Actually Kaiah, I am ing paid by the Lee Household…” Ki-bum sighed, “But I am loyal to you. Little doesn't even realise it. Always taking me for granted.”

Kai was still fuming when he reached Lilly’s door and banged on it a little too insistently. It might have scared Lilly because she opened the door with a nervous expression on her cute face. The first thing he noticed even through his anger and anxiety was that she now sported peroxided hair.

His mother must have flipped – on the inside. Song Gaelin was more a classic beauty and Kai couldn’t remember his mother ever-changing her hair. He had experimented during school but he couldn’t pitch up at Lee Corp with blonde hair. He ignored all this because he was quite upset with his mother at the moment and pulled Lilly into his arms, “Do you want to die?”

“Jongin…” she clutched onto his jacket desperately. Buried her face in the crook of his neck and breathed him in. “I’m sorry.” She mumbled.

“Don’t ever do that again.” He sounded like his father did when Soo-hyuk reprimanded them.

“I’m sorry. I really am but I just needed some time after the whole thing.” She drew back. Her bottom lip trembled and he knew she was about to cry.

“I was just worried. Let’s talk.”

“I don’t want to talk.” She huffed, “I’ve missed you too much…”

“Then why was your phone off?” he returned smoothly, and she paused, not quite able to read what he thought of her actions.

“I…needed time…after meeting your mother and grandmother.”

Kai was serious, his brows furrowed, “Did my mother bully you?” he sat on the couch and positioned her on his lap. He her hair, “You dyed your hair?”

“Do you like it? I wanted to make an impression on your family.”

“I’m sure you did.” The corners of his mouth twitched.

“Your mother didn’t bully me. It wasn’t our first time meeting but I don’t think she remembers me.”

Believe me, she remembers you now, Kai thought with a smirk.

“Jongin…” she said plainly.

He had got used to her not following the Korean conventions. It came with the territory of dating a foreigner and she had learnt Korean just for him.

“Jongin, will I fit in with your family?”

He’d expected her to feel this way and was impressed she’d come right out and said it. Not like some people who hid it and then ran away like a little coward.

“No one fits into anyone’s family but they will accept you and I hope you will accept them. I have to warn you, they are the weird ones, not you. So please accommodate them for my sake.”

Lilly smiled. He was good. Lee Jongin knew exactly what to say to his girlfriends. Of course, she was not the first, but she’d damn well be the last! “I think I can do that.” She snuck a quick look at him, “Did your mother say anything about me?”

Kai had avoided his mother till now or was it the other way around? He’d tried to speak to her but did not know his mother’s opinion.

“Jongin! You’re terrible.” Lilly covered her face with both hands, “You’re the worst fiancé ever. I thought you came here to comfort me! Your mother mentioned all these rules and I didn’t know what to think!”

“You have nothing to worry about.” He assured her, “My parents will accept the engagement and then you will have more time to get to know the family.” She nestled against his chest, “Did you like my family?”

“It was a little confusing. I didn’t realise that there was a split between your mother’s and father’s estates.”

“Well, there would be…” Kai hesitated, how did he explain this without breaking the Consortium’s rule of not discussing estate or Consortium matters with a non-member? "Well it is Halm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter