Hyeran's Secret

Golden Quill - The Leaders (GQ3)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“We all feel terrible about what happened to Hyeran ssi,” the Director and Producer guided Baekhyun and Kai through the set. The distributor’s lawyer was also present but Baekhyun understood the necessity to protect themselves. An actor dying on set was a marketing nightmare to begin with. It was a relief for everyone involved when investigators and the insurance company ruled the incident an accident.

“This was Hyeran ssi’s dressing room,” the Director opened the door.

“It’s the way she left it?” Baekhyun asked

“Insurance procedure requires us to keep it as is for at least a month. I’m afraid I can’t allow in.”

Baekhyun stuck his head through the door, “It smells like her,” he told Kai.

“When the insurance period lapses, we’ll inform you.” The lawyer promised which earned nods from the Director and Producer.

They left the dressing room and moved on to the stage where Hyeran worked when the accident occurred.”

“Your turn,” Kai whispered and September slipped away from the group. She’d noticed a trap door in the dressing room and now accessed the room from the roof.

Inside, she scanned the room quickly, taking pictures as she expertly rifled through Hyeran’s belongings. She picked up a picture of Baekhyun. It was a cute picture. When Master Baekhyun smiled, his eyes smiled. He had so many different smiles – mischievous was her favourite. He should smile again – genuinely.

On instinct, and because she’d seen it so many times, she pulled the frame apart. Her heart dropped when she saw there was another photo – smaller and a little frayed like it had been touched often. What secret had Hyeran ssi kept? September flipped over the photo It was a sonogram. The date indicated the print was two months old. But, Hyeran ssi wasn’t showing. September knew nothing about this. She slipped the photo in her jacket pocket and zipped it up. After inspecting the rest of the dressing room and finding nothing she slipped out through the trap door in the roof and almost gave Kai a heart attack when she fell lightly into step beside him.

“The rope is used secured up there…” everyone looked up, “So when you see an actor floating or flying, like in a fantasy drama, this is how we do it.” A stunt coordinator was explaining to them. He exchanged a look with the Director and Producer.

“Can I take a look up there?” Baekhyun asked.

“I don’t think our insurance would cover that…” the Producer confirmed with the lawyer.

“Is this the exact ropes Hyeran used when she performed the scene?” Kai asked. September was impressed that he thought to ask.

“No, we replaced it according to the recommendation of the insurance company but all our equipment is certified before the start of production and I personally checked it that morning,” the stuntman assured them.

“Thank you for your time. It really helped to see where Hyeranah spent so much of her time.” Baekhyun bowed. Kai and September also bowed.

“Are you relieved now that you’ve been here?” Kai asked Baek in the backseat of the taxi. September sat upfront with the driver.

“I guess,” Baekhyun looked despondently out the window. “Isa…” She turned to look back, “Find out who the insurance company is.”

“Right away Master Baekhyun. Would you prefer to have lunch here or head back to the city?”

“Let’s get the out of here,” Baekhyun muttered.

September called ahead to the airport to inform the Song pilot that they’d want to depart in the next hour.

“Well?” Kai stopped September as soon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter