New Promises

Golden Quill - The Leaders (GQ3)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N - More corny moments. Sorry about this guys. GQ is a messy rollercoaster of emotions. People crying, then beating each other up, then in love, then bored, then more crying - rinse and repeat. 

Jimin sat with Jin and the Competition Coordinator in the dining room. It felt like ages ago that he’d come here to scout the island and first met Zhang Yifeng and felt the call of his sword to end the man’s life. But, he’d been trapped in the rules of the Federation…

“No 95...Park Jimin…” Jin called him. Jimin blinked and focused his attention on Jin, “I was saying, won’t you reconsider leaving? I have not yet submitted your resignation to the Elders. You are an amazing Judge. Sure, you take some liberties here and there but that’s why we work as a team.” 

Jimin stared down at the sword’s gilded scabbard. The sword, his beloved companion, the only thing that knew his sins, his desires....this piece of metal knew him better than any living thing, and that depressed him. 

“I agree with you. I am a good Judge. I most likely would go on to be the greatest,” Jin and the Competition Coordinator exchanged a look, “But I don’t want to stand on the other side of history. I want my name to be printed in the books, to be passed down in stories, I don’t want this sword to remain a myth - whispered about and feared. I want children to know my name and come to me if they need help." He took a deep breath, “I could go on forever, but I suspect you are not interested...but don’t forget me. I have a feeling we will cross paths again.” he stood and bowed low. 

“But, what will you do?” 

Jimin patted his pocket, “I have a plan and a benefactor willing to fund me.” 

Jin stood, “Please take care of yourself. Don’t feel shy to eat regularly. Smile, you have a wonderful smile. if you will marry, find someone taller otherwise your children will be short.” 

The Competition Coordinator laughed as he stood and bowed, “You taught me some things 95. I hope we get more of your kind in the future.” 

“And…” Jin trailed off as Jimin picked up his sword, “Write to me?” 

Jimin grinned and nodded before he walked onto the porch. “Well now,” He spun around. Lee Arran leant against the wall, “It seems you’re a free man 95.”

“My…”

“Arata. Your name is Park Jimin.” she yanked him closer and lifted a hand to cover his eyes. He was the masked man who’d almost drowned her and he would have drowned her if she’d needed him to. “Finally, a man strong enough.” Jimin was confused. She was spinning him in all sorts of directions. “I’ve been looking everywhere for you,” she whispered and kissed him on the porch of that house, with her family on the other side and his former boss drinking tea inside. It felt like a moment stolen from some great romance novel, but it was his moment, and she was gifting it to him. 

“Let’s do that again...next time you’re in Seoul.” her eyes danced, “Bring the sword.” Jimin watched as she ran off like a shy school girl.  

*

“I will join you as soon as it is respectable to do so,” Davi promised Kris. He had been thrown by her intention to remain on the island. “My husband is dead.” she glanced quickly at Sehun, then away, “We must meet with his family. I must meet with my family. Let me do this the right way so when I do come to you, it will be forever.” she took his hands, "Tao, please make him understand." Davi implored. 

“Do not worry,” Yimin put a brotherly arm around Davi’s shoulders, “You have my word that Davi will be treated well and once all the formalities are out of the way, we will make the trip to Seoul together. I will personally Davi to her new home.” 

“I understand.” Kris gave in. He understood that this must be how things are for now but he didn’t want to leave Davi again. He feared that something might happen, what if her inlaws refused to let her leave, there were some families who expected widows to serve the family, to live in the family home and never leave. All these wild scenarios made it impossible for him to calm down. He'd lost her once, he could not lose her again. 

“I will keep her close.” Hana placed a hand on Kris’ arm, “you have my word. Not a hair will be touched in cruelness.” Kris was finally able to make peace with the parting. He hugged Davi. “I love you.” he whispered, “I will wait every day for you.” He stepped away and went to Chen before he changed his mind. 

"Come here," Tao hugged Hana and Davi, "You better come back to us." He warned Davi, "In some ways he's always been waiting for you."

*

“We will take ownership of Hong Yoonah’s body for now.” Jin and Kyungsoo went over the last minute details, “You  understand, it’s better this way, we have the jurisdiction and you cannot afford to be caught smuggling a body across borders.” 

“Once we know the location of Hong Jong-hyun and have explained what happened, my office will be in contact.” Kyungsoo added. 

Jin made him sign a whole lot of waivers, including the acknowledgement of death for Zhang Yifeng and one other deat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter