Chapter 5

Don't Deserve You

 

1 month later ~

Jennie was at the airport with Hanbin waiting for the arrival of her parents. It's been a month since she's been in Korea and they're finally coming back from New Zealand.

The resort was coming along great, she no longer felt as awkward around Jisoo, but she still kept her distance from the older girl.

No matter how hard she tried, Jennie still resented Jisoo for cheating on her. It had broken her, and it caused her to lose her trust in love. Sometimes she even wondered if she even loved Hanbin.

But when she thought back to how he had broken down the walls she had built around her heart  and made her happy again after breaking up with Jisoo, she buried those thoughts away.

There was only 2 more months of working with Jisoo, and after that, everything would go back to normal. Jennie would probably get married to Hanbin and continue to live her life.

Suddenly Hanbin nudged her shoulder.

Hanbin: Jen look, it's your parents!

Jennie's face brightened up upon seeing them again. Sure she saw them regularly through Skype, but it jus wasn't the same as having them there. She raised her arms up and waved it around, trying to get her parent's attention.

Jennie: Omma! Appa! Over here!

The couple spotted Jennie and Hanbin shouting while waving their arms and waved back while smiling brightly. They approached the 2 before giving Jennie a big hug.

Mr. Kim: I've missed you Jennie-ah!

Mrs. Kim: Aigoo, my baby!

Jennie laughed.

Jennie: I missed you guys too. 

Hanbin approached them before bowing to Jennie's parents.

Hanbin: Abeonim, Eomeonim. It's great to see you again.

Jennie's dad chuckled before placing a hand on the latter's shoulder.

Mr. Kim: It's good to see you too son!

Turning to Jennie, he asked.

Mr. Kim: How is the resort going. Have you started building it yet?

Jennie: We've just started last week.

Mr. Kim: How much more time do we have until it's completed?

Jennie: About 2 more months.

Mr. Kim turned to look at his wife, and Jennie could've sworn she saw a flicker of worry and fear etched in her parents eyes. But in the blink of an eye, it was gone.

Mr. Kim: That's great honey!

Jennie thought she must've imagined the exchange and brushed it off. She smiled proudly at her parents.

Jennie: Do you guys want to go see it tomorrow?

Mrs. Kim: Why tomorrow Jen?

Jennie: I thought you guys might be tired from the plane ride.

Mr. Kim chuckled before waving his hand passively.

Mr. Kim: We're fine. Let's go see it right now.

Jennie: Right now?

Mr. Kim: Of course! Your mother and I want to see what our little girl has accomplished.

Jennie smiled, and Hanbin swung his arm over her shoulder.

Hanbin: Let me tell you abeonim, Jen has done an amazing job. You guys won't be disappointed.

Mr. Kim: Is that so?

Jennie: Yah stop it, you're gonna raise their expectations.

Hanbin smirked at his girlfriend.

Hanbin: I'm just speaking the truth Jennie-ah.

Mr. Kim clasped his hands together and looked from his wife to Jennie eagerly.

Mr. Kim: Shall we see what our Jen has been working on?

Mrs. Kim smiled fondly.

Mrs. Kim: I'm excited as well.

Hanbin went over and picked up the suitcases before nodding his head towards the car's direction.

Hanbin: We should get going then.

The couple walked off with Hanbin, who was then later followed by a smiling Jennie.

 

•••

 

Once they arrived, Jennie noticed that Jisoo's car was also here.

Her parents have never met Jisoo while the 2 have been dating, but only knew of her name and that she had cheated on Jennie.

They also didn't know that Jisoo was the current CEO of Dream. She took a deep breath before stepping out of the car.

Both the Kims stepped out a few seconds after and was followed by Hanbin.

Jennie spotted Jisoo's figure from a distance before leading her parents and Hanbin to greet the latter.

Jennie: Miss Kim!

Jisoo turned when she heard the familiar voice calling her name. She smiled at Jennie before seeing the people behind her.

Her smile faded when she saw Hanbin, Jennie's boyfriend. Jisoo remembered when she had first met him.

It was only a week after her conversation with Chaeyoung. Hanbin had approached Jennie and her as they walked out the building while discussing about plans for the resort.

At first Jisoo was confused as to who he was. But then everything was cleared up as he walked towards Jennie and gave her a kiss.

Jisoo still remembered the day clearly in her mind, along with the words the younger girl had said to her.

Miss Kim, let me introduce you to my boyfriend.. Kim Hanbin.

Jisoo has lost all hopes on trying to win Jennie back. Jisoo could see that the latter was happy, and that alone was enough for her.

She just wanted Jennie to be happy, and if it meant that she was left to bear all the pain then so be it.

Snapping out of her thoughts, Jisoo looked back towards Jennie's direction. 

She noticed that besides Hanbin was also a couple. Seeing their resemblance to Jennie, she figured that they must've been the latter's parents.

She slowly walked towards them and bowed.

Jisoo: Good evening, you must be Miss Kim Jennie's parents.

Mr. Kim smiled before answering.

Mr. Kim: Indeed we are. And may I ask who might you be?

Jisoo: I'm Kim Jisoo. CEO of Dream.

There was flicker of recognition in Mr. Kim's eyes. One being that Jisoo had the same name as Jennie's ex-girlfriend. And the second reason was due to her identity as the CEO of Dream.

'Which means she must be the daughter of...'

Mr. Kim was unable to finish his thought as he was interrupted by his wife.

Mrs. Kim: Ommo! Your are so beautiful Miss Kim! 

Jisoo blushes before smiling at the elder woman.

Jisoo: Why thank you Mrs. Kim, it is a pleasure to meet you both. And please, just call me Jisoo.

Mr. Kim put on a smile as well and extended his arm to greet her.

Mr. Kim: Thank you for deciding to work with us Miss, I mean Jisoo, it is very much appreciated.

Jisoo: It is a wonderful and creative idea Mr. Kim, your daughter is an amazing partner to work with.

Hearing good things about his daughter made the old man to laugh with joy. Jennie face turned red which didn't go unnoticed by Hanbin.

Grabbing Jennie's hand, he plastered a smile on his face. Jisoo saw the gesture but contained the hurt she felt by returning the smile.

Hanbin: Hello Miss Kim, it's good to see you again.

Jisoo: The feeling is mutual Hanbin-shi.

Taking a look at her watch, Jisoo noticed that she was late to the dinner she had planned with Chaeyoung to meet with her girlfriend.

Looking back at Jennie and the Kims, she smiled apologetically.

Jisoo: If you'll excuse me, I'm afraid I must be on my way. I have a meeting with a friend.

Mr. Kim: Please be on your way then.

Mrs. Kim: Yes, yes, we wouldn't want to hold you back.

Jisoo smiled and stepped back, bowing to the elder couple.

She turned to Jennie and Hanbin and bid them goodbye as well.

Jisoo: I will see you tomorrow then Miss Kim?

Jennie: Of course.

Jisoo: I'll be on my way then. Goodbye Hanbin-shi.

Hanbin: It was nice seeing you Miss Kim.

And with that, Jisoo walked off towards her car and drove off.

Jennie watched as Jisoo's car faded from view before turning to Hanbin noticing his change in demeanor.

Jennie: You good?

Hanbin: Yeah, why wouldn't I be?

Jennie shrugged and looked at her parents. Mrs. Kim had confused look on her face while Mr. Kim was lost deep within his thoughts.

Jennie: Omma, Appa. Are you guys alright.

The couple looked at their daughter.

Mrs. Kim: Jennie-ah was that who I think it is?

Mr. Kim: Yeah I noticed her name was similar to your ex-girlfriend's name. Are they the same person?

Jennie nodded and Hanbin went rigged. He had already felt uneasy about Kim Jisoo, and finding out through Jennie's parents that she was Jennie's ex didn't settle well with him.

He didn't know whether he was disappointed or upset that Jennie didn't tell him about Jisoo even though they've been working together for a whole month. Who knows what could've happened between them in that month alone.

He suddenly felt insecure. Hanbin knew how much Jennie had loved Jisoo. Working together with her for 3 months could spark their feelings for each other. 

Jennie wouldn't betray him... Right?

He glanced at Jennie who was staring at the ground and avoiding his gaze. He shook his head and tried to clear those thoughts. 

Jennie's mom approached her and wrapped her up in her arms.

Mrs. Kim: Oh sweetie, you must've been hurting so much. Yeobo, remember what she did to our Jennie? We can't let her go through that again. You need to take Jennie off this project instantly, I don't want her anywhere that CEO.

Mrs. Kim burst into tears. Mr. Kim nodded in agreement as he comforted his wife.

Mr. Kim: Your mother is right Jen. If you want, I can excuse you from this project. I'd understand. 

Jennie shook her head.

Jennie: I'm fine guys, I no longer have feelings for her. 

Mr. Kim: But-

Jennie cut her father off.

Jennie: I'm fine appa, I promise.

Mr. Kim nodded.

Mr. Kim: Just don't do reckless things anymore ok? And if you need help, your mother and I will be here. And if you start to feel uneasy just tell me and I'll fix it, okay pumpkin.

Jennie: I will.

Jennie glanced at Hanbin who remained quiet the whole time. She noticed that he had let go of her hand. To be honest with herself, she wasn't really sure why she hasn't told her boyfriend about Jisoo being her ex lover. 

'Did she not trust him?' 

'Was she afraid that he would be upset?' 

'That he'd be jealous?'

She heaved a sigh before staring off into the distance. 

'It's gonna be a long 2 months...'

 


 

Suprise! It's a double update! Hope you guys enjoy. <3