Chapter 2

Don't Deserve You

 

Jisoo and Chaeyoung were sitting in a café by Jennie's company.

Jisoo was still recoiling from the fact that Jennie was finally back. There wasn't a day that went by that Jisoo didn't want to go after her.

On the day that she had departed Jisoo had wanted to buy a ticket and hop on the next plane and chase after her to explain. 

But before she could go, Suho had pulled her back.

Chaeyoung looked at her friend. She's known Jisoo for about 4 years now, the same amount of time since Jennie had left Jisoo. 

In that amount of time they had gotten closer, and eventually becoming best friends.

She would be lying if she said that she has never felt any feelings for the older girl. I mean who wouldn't fall for her? 

Jisoo was undeniably one of the most beautiful woman in Seoul, she was friendly, rich, talented, empathetic, and kind as well. But what had made Chaeyoung fall for Jisoo was her character, and how she wasn't willing to give up. 

She always put in 110% in whatever she was doing no matter what the task is.

Chaeyoung remembered how her heart had shattered when Jisoo had told her that she was in love with someone.

But after she had told her the story of her and Jennie, she couldn't help but feel a flicker of hope spark within her as her admiration of Jisoo grew even more.

She thought that she was able to sway Jisoo's heart since her and Jennie are already broken up along with the fact that Jennie had ran away to New Zealand.

But as time went by, she realized that Jisoo was never gonna stop loving Jennie. Slowly she started to accept the fact that the older girl would never notice her.

Although it took some time, Chaeyoung eventually got over Jisoo and moved on as she remained by her side as a best friend, and now only looks up to Jisoo as an older sister.

She knew all the pain and hardships that Jisoo had gone through the past few years in her life. After Jennie had left, Jisoo's parents had both passed away in an accident leaving her to take care of Dream on her own.

Jisoo was in the most vulnerable and broken point in her life. 

Her health was deteriorating and Chaeyoung was afraid for Jisoo's life. But somehow, amidst all of the pain and suffering, the older girl had held on. She regained her will to live and fought on. 

As time passed by, she went to rehab and became healthier, eventually building up Dream to where it is today.

There were times where the younger girl was worried that Jisoo would once again fall ill due to overworking herself. 

But the latter proved her wrong and maintained her positive attitude, though from time to time Chaeyoung could tell that she was still hurting.

Now that Jennie is back, she hoped that maybe Jisoo might actually have a chance at being happy again. 

Chaeyoung: Unnie.

Chaeyoung said suddenly, snapping Jisoo out of her thoughts.

The older girl turned to look at her and gave her a small smile.

Jisoo: Yes Chaeyoung?

Chaeyoung: Are you gonna talk to her?

Jisoo let out a heavy sigh. 

Jisoo: I want to. I want to tell her that I love her, and what she saw between Suho oppa and I was a misunderstanding. I want to hold her close and never let her go again. I want to ask her to marry me, and take care of her.

Rose: Then what's holding you back unnie?

Jisoo: I hurt her so much Chaeyoung-ah. You should've seen her face when she saw Suho oppa and I. I felt her pain as I stared at her face, the betrayed look in her eyes is stilll etched in my mind... Besides she hates me now, despises me even. I mean it's understandable since I never explained to her what happened.

The older girl shook her head before continuing.

Jisoo: She hates me enough to even leave the life she had here and start a new one in another country. The way she looked at me back there during the meeting... 

Jisoo stopped talking. She looked down while trying to compose herself, and when she looked up, her eyes were filled with tears.

Jisoo: There was no love in her eyes, all I saw was the disappointment and hatred that she has towards me. I don't want to hurt her again Chaeyoung-ah.... I can't.

Chaeyoung stood up from her seat and rushed over to hug her best friend.

Chaeyoung: Unnie listen to me. You're not gonna hurt her. You're gonna figure out a way and show her how much you love her. Then you're gone explain to her what happened back then and she'll understand. She'll forgive you. I'm sure of it.

Jisoo looked up at the younger girl.

Jisoo: Do you really think so?

Chaeyoung's heart broke upon seeing Jisoo like this. Although for the past 4 years Jisoo's life has been rough, she was always a ray of sunshine to everyone around her. 

She always had a positive and bright approach to everything. But at this very moment, all Chaeyoung could see was the same broken girl from before. 

The broken girl that Jennie had left behind, the girl who had lost her parents in that same month.

Chaeyoung wiped away her tears and smiled at Jisoo.

Chaeyoung: Of course Unnie. I'm sure of it.

Jisoo buried her face into Chaeyoung's shoulder and burst into tears once again.

The younger girl remained by her best friend's side and shared her pain.

 

•••

 

Jennie watched Jisoo exit the room along with her secretary before collapsing back into her chair. She looked up at Nayeon and signaled for her  to step out as well.

Jennie ran a hand through her hair. To say that she was frustrated was an understatement, she was furious. Just as she was moving on with her life and forgetting about Jisoo, the latter had unexpectedly stepped back into her life. 

She took a deep breath to calm herself. 

'It's alright.' She thought.

She's no longer in love with Jisoo, she's moved on and is currently in a stable relationship with her boyfriend who will be arriving in just about 2 days time.

Jennie had met her boyfriend Hanbin while she was in business school in New Zealand. He had helped her get over Jisoo, and she eventually fell for him. He loves her for who she is, and doesn't care about the fact that she was biual.

He makes her feel special, just like Jisoo had used to before the older girl had cheated on her.

Ignoring those thoughts, she took another look at the contract. 3 months, that's the amount of time that she'll be working with Jisoo. Although she wasn't too fond of the idea, Jennie decided that she should be professional about it. 

It's been 4 years, and both Jisoo and her have clearly moved on. There are no lingering feelings. She just had to get through 3 months and they'll hopefully never see each other again.

Jennie's phone suddenly started to ring. She glanced at the screen and saw that it was Hanbin. Smiling to herself, she picked up the phone. 

Jennie: Hey Binnie.

Hanbin: How is my dear girlfriend doing?

Jennie: Good. But she misses you very much.

Hanbin: Tsk, tsk. You've only been away from me for 2 days and you already miss me?

Jennie pouted.

Jennie: I can't help it. Don't you miss me too?

Hanbin: No, why would why.

Jennie: Why not? I'm your girlfriend Kim Hanbin.

Jennie heard him laugh through the phone and smiled to herself for making him laugh.

Hanbin: I'm sorry Jen. What I meant was, why would I miss my girlfriend when I'm about to see her in just a few moments.

Jennie: Yah, stop playing with me. I won't see you until 2 days later.

Hanbin: Are you sure Jen?

Jennie's face scrunched up in confusion.

Jennie: Binnie stop playing with me. 

Hanbin: If you don't believe me then open your door.

Jennie rose up from her seat and approached the door. When the door opened she was shocked to see Hanbin standing behind it, a bouquet of roses held in his hand.

Hanbin: Do you believe me now?

Jennie smiled in happiness and jumped into her boyfriend's arms.

Hanbin: I love you Jen.

Jennie smiled, her face buried into his shoulder.

Jennie: I love you too Binnie.


 

Random update lol. I've had this chapter for awhile now and couldn't wait any longer to post it. Hope y'all enjoy! xoxo