WHO IS SHE?

Mnet's We Got a Baby

"And the next mission is.." HyunSeung started. "..... changing diapers?! Really? Are the babies going to be that young?!" Hyunseung panicked, a look of terror glinting in his eyes.

 

"Who knows how to change a baby?" Junsu asked and Mi'ki, and only Mi'ki, raised her hand. Everyone face palmed themselves and groaned.

 

Meanwhile... with the MCs

AeHee and SaeJa were comfortabley leaned into the plush couch seats, eyes fixed on the TV sitting infront of them. They looked at the camera too.. but mostly the TV.

 

"Omona. They're going to fail this one," SaeJa said, shaking her head in disappointment.

 

"But they only have to pass three out of five missions, right?" the younger girls, nervously fiddled with the hem of her skirt. "It would be a shame if they failed. It would be a one episode series... o______O"

 

"It's actually... changing a baby's diaper in under a minute." Eunha clarified a she snatched the mission card from Hyunseung. "Mi'ki are you confident that you can do this?"

 

“Of course. I’ve been a babysitter since I was 12. Just watch.” Mi’ki cracked her knuckles, her eyes narrowed in concentration. She changed the baby, explaining step by step and still achieving under the given minute. “Everyone understand?”

 

The girls, Umma Key, Taemin, and Hyunseung passed with flying colors. The rest of the guys, however…struggled.

 

Kyuhyun was so focused and he made it, just as the timer rang. Kevin and Hongki were completely clueless and Junsu was just….slow.

 

“Pass!!” The MCs cheered. “The majority of them passed!!!” But then…. A lady entered the room. She was rather young and quite pretty, dressed in a prim business suit and her hair in a bun.

 

“Omo, omo, omo. Who is she?” AeHee grasped SaeJa’s arm.

 

“I don’t know either…. This doesn’t look good….o_____O”

 

“Um…. Who are you?” Taemin asked cutely. The lady, whoever she was, blushed and forgot to answer.

 

“Neh? Who are you?” Kyuhyun made her blush and she, once again… did not answer.

 

“Ahjumah. Did you not hear them? Who. Are. You?” Mi’ki snapped, annoyed.

 

“Neh…. I’m the director of the child care center. I’m here to judge your abilities as a parent.” She handed Key an envelope, blushing when her hands brushed his.

 

“What is with that woman?” AeHee said in a blunt and annoyed tone. “Does she have a crush on all the guys? How old is she?”

 

“Aren’t you too young to be a director? How old are you?” Kevin narrowed his eyes at her suspiciously.

 

“I’m twenty-one. I graduated college a year early and I am currently working under my father. I’m actually just filling in for a short while.”

 

The girls slightly narrowed their eyes at the “director.” who was she to judge them?

 

“I know, you’re all thinking the same thing. What would I know about child care? I majored in child care and I have a one year old boy. Now, let’s get started. Mitsuki, I heard you’re pretty capable. You can take Taemin.”

 

“It’s Mi’ki,” she snarled but the director lady just smiled.

 

“Eunha, you’re the oldest, am I correct? You can take Junsu. Iseul and Hongki go together, Key and DaeSun, Eunha and Kyuhyun,  Minhyo and Kevin, Miju and Hyunseung.” The boys and girls split into pairs and the lady snapped a notebook open. She gestured at them to pick a mission card, and they sent Minhyo, the maknae, to go pick one up.

 

“Our mission is… to stop the baby from crying in one minute!” The lady pressed a button on the remote and all the babies started wailing.

 

“Ready, set… go!!!!”

 

Mi’ki quickly scooped up the “baby” and rocked it back and forth, patting the baby on the back. Taemin stood in front of the baby, making cute faces and playing peek-a-boo. The baby, almost as if it was alive, gurgled and grabbed Taemin’s mushroom cut hair.

 

“Ow! Ow! Ow!!! Make it let go!!!” He whined, a pout on his face and tears in his eyes as the baby laughed and pulled harder. Mi’ki coaxed its fingers out of Taemin’s hair and replaced it with his finger.

 

Minhyo and Kevin seemed like the trouble couple, both of them being quite childish themselves. However, they managed okay. Kevin held the baby, patting its back and cooing words into its ears until it sniffled to a stop. Minhyo used her aegyo to make it let out a strange mechanical laugh not unlike the laugh of Mi’ki and Taemin’s baby. It made the young girl shudder... couldn’t they have made it a little more… realistic??

 

“Unnie-deul!! It’s creepy!! Don’t, I repeat, don’t make it laugh!!” Minhyo burst out, running to hide behind the taller Iseul.

 

The others burst out laughing and DaeSun, just to annoy Minhyo, tickled her baby doll which made the maknae burst out in hysterics. “Calm down. It’s a robot. It can’t feel anything.”

 

“You people are mean,” she pouted with her cheeks puffed out and her arms crossed over her chest.

 

“Pass. All of you. Pass. I don’t understand why I was called here,” the director whispered quietly, scribbling into her notebook. “You have passed all three missions, all of you are capable of becoming a parent, participating in this show…” She said aloud for them to hear. “That is… after you pass the final mission…..”

 

The room, once filled with cheers, fell completely silent. Not even the sound of breathing was heard, each holding onto their breaths. Even the two MCs were wide eyed and silent.

 

“You will all meet at the front of the Dongdaemun Market tomorrow at 2PM exact. I will meet you there to give you all the details you will need… to prepare a room for your baby. Be prepared. The pairs you’ll be put in tomorrow… are permanent.”


Dear Readers,

Merry Early Christmas!!! I still have to wait 50 minutes until it's officially Dec. 25th....

Anyways, this is my Christmas gift to you!!!

Unless you don't celebrate Christmas.... then you can just accept it as a gift!!!!

I'll be away for the majority of next week so.... bye bye!!

Enjoy your holiday!!!

Love,

silvrwngz ^_~

P.S. To applicants: Since your task will be to create a room for you baby.... if you have any preferences.... please email links to [email protected]

If you don't remember if you requested a boy or a girl or twins.... PM me sometime Saturday or Sunday!!