Absent

With Me

It has been three days since Taekwoon absence from school. 

" Lee Junki,where is Jung Taekwoon?" The teacher asking class president about Taekwoon's absence. 

" I don't know teacher, he did not come to school also today. Maybe he sick." Junki answered.

" Okay, you can sit on your place. I will call his home after this class ended. Now, open your book and we will continue our lesson. "

Hakyeon put his hand on his chin and look outside the window. 

' It is because what happen in the lab room?'

 

After school ended, Hakyeon put his bag and walking to his home. He wear his headphone and humming silently.

On his way back to his house, Hakyeon stopped at playground and look at the kids running happily. He smile unconsciously. The scene in front of him give him a calmness.

Suddenly he eyes caught one little girl sit alone at the swing. She don't seem happy.
Hakyeon walk slowly and sit on the another swing. 

" Hey,kids,why don't you play with them?"

The little girl not answering him instead she only shaking her head. 

"Why?"

Hakyeon waiting for the girl talk but he taken aback when the little girl start crying.

Hakyeon became panic when everyone looking at their direction.

" Yah, kids, why you cry? Are you hurt anywhere? Did someone bully you?"

The girl don't seem like she will stop her crying so Hakyeon get down the swing and sit in front of the girl.

" Hey kids. Please stop crying. People will thought i do something bad to you." Hakyeon begging. But the little girl still crying.

Hakyeon think a bit then he thought of something.

" Kids, look at my hand." Hakyeon show his hand to the little girl and he might success since the little girl stop her sobbed and look at Hakyeon hand. 

" Nothing in my hand right?"

The little girl shake her head. Her expression seem like she really interested in Hakyeon's magic.

" Okay, now i want you to blow my hand.Strongly. The magic will not successful if your blow weaker."

The little girl blow strong as she can. Hakyeon open his hand and the girl eyes widened because there suddenly candy appear in Hakyeon palm.

"Here,you can have it." Hakyeon give the little girl candy that he have. The girl take it slowly and smiling widely.

" Thank you Mr Magician ."

" Mr Magician?"

" You like the man i saw in the television before. He also make thing like you do just now. Everyone call him Mr Magician. You totally amazing." The little girl make thumb up with her two hand.

Hakyeon smile looking at the little girl.

" I'm glad i make you happy. Why you crying just now though? You just make everyone think i'm bully you." Hakyeon make pouty face.

The little girl look down. 

" Appa..."

"Huh?"

" Appa...he..." The little girl start talking.

"He..want..to..leave..us.." 

/Silent/

 " Why?"

" I don't know, he and omma keep yelling at each other. After that, appa leave and do not coming back."

Hakyeon look at the girl face and pat her head. " Don't worry, adult quarrel is a normal thing. I'm sure your father will back home soon. He love you right?"

" Really?" The little girl look at Hakyeon with smiling face. Hakyeon smile back at her.

"Ah, Mr Magician, i need to back now. My brother might worried about me." The little girl get down from the swing and wave her hand. 

Hakyeon waved back. Hakyeon look at the little girl back with a dull eyes. 

' I hope that smile will never fade away. '


The next day, Taekwoon still not coming to the school. Hakyeon wonder is his word make Taekwoon angry and not coming to the school.

'Tck, that not my problem if he angry. It his fault afterall.'

Hakyeon bump his head on the table and close his eyes. 

*Ring*

Hakyeon take his bag and get out from the class. But then the teacher call for his name.

" Cha Hakyeon, can you pass this note to Taekwoon? "

" Why me? I don't even know his house?"

" I thought you and him are friend since i always saw you guys together." 

" Eh, no. We are not frie-"

" Its okay, even if you are not friends, please help me okay?"

At the end, Hakyeon give in. He just accept the teacher order.

Hakyeon read the paper in his hand so many times to make sure the he don't get wrong house.

' Huge '

That what he thought when he standing in front of Taekwoon house. He press the bell and wait.

But no respond. 

Getting annoyed he shouts.

" Jung Taekwoon, are you there? I'm Cha Hakyeon. Teacher told me to pass this note to you."

' Seem like nobody at home, better i go '

He turn his body to go suddenly he heard someone scream in Taekwoon house. 

He tip his toes to see what happen.

" Yah, Jung Taekwoon,  open this door."

Hakyeon bumb the door using his fist.

Hakyeon take one step back. He was ready to smack the door when suddenly someone open the door. 

" Yah, Jung Taekwoon, what happen? I heard someone screaming inside your house."

" What are you doing here? How do you know my house?"

" Here, teacher ask me to pass this note to you. She the one that give me your address."

" Ah, thank you." 

Taekwoon take the note from Hakyeon and was going to get inside his home when Hakyeon suddenly heard someone screaming inside that house again. 

" Its from television. My mother watching some drama."

Taekwoon give an awkward laugh. 

Hakyeon with his poker face nodded and walk away.

' I'm sure the screaming not from television.'

' Whatever, its not my problem.'

Hakyeon walk back to his own home.

 

"Omma,stop. You will hurt yourself if you keep doing like this." Taekwoon try to calm his mother when his mother suddenly take a knife from kitchen and said that she want to kill herself.

Taekwoon got surprise and try to take the knife from his mother. But it not an easy job since his mother struggle to hold the knife.

The struggle stop when Taekwoon hand suddenly get a cut. The blood did not stop flowing and shocked his mother. 

Mrs Jung quickly reach clothes and put on Taekwoon hand. 

"I'm okay. Its just minor injured."

" I'm sorry Woon ah, i'm really useless. I can't make your father stay with us. And now i even make you injured. I..."

" Omma, please don't do this. I'm begging you." Taekwoon take the knife from his mother hand. 

" I must be useless right. Thats why your dad find another woman." Mrs Jung crying hard and cover her face with her own palm.

" No, mom, its not your fault at all. Beside, you still have me and Jiwon. We will take care of you."

Taekwoon hug his mother tightly. He close his eyes as he recall what happen the next morning after his father confession.

He was ready go to his school when he heard his mother scream in her bedroom. Taekwoon rush to his mother and get shocked when he saw inside his mother bedroom. The room full of shattered glass from mirror and their wedding picture frame.  Taekwoon more shocked when he saw his mother was holding a scissors and make a cut on her hand.

Not wasting his time, Taekwoon running to her mother and throw away the scissors from his mother hand.

After that, he call ambulance and her mother was admitted to hospital for two days. The doctor said that his mother might have depression and advice that he need to give full attention to her mother and have to keep her from sharp object.
 

Taekwoon try to call his father to tell him about his mother condition but his father never pick up his phone. 

' Maybe he really want to cut his relationship with us'

Taekwoon finally realize that his father no longer with them. Now,it his turn to take care of his mother and his little sister. Its not like before anymore. He need to be strong.

............

After one week absent from school, Taekwoon come back to his school. He actually want to stay at home but his neighbors, Mrs Kim, told him that she will watch his mother and ask him not to worried.

Hakyeon bumped into Taekwoon but not say anything.

" Morning Hakyeon ah." He said as he smile at Hakyeon.

Hakyeon look at Taekwoon but not reply his greeting.

Hakyeon notice something. 

The smile is not reach his eyes.

Like he was faking his smile.

 

To be continue..

p/s sorry for my english >_<