Give Up?

With Me

Wonshik walk slowly heading to basketball court behind school.Since the court being abandon,they start using it. That was their routine every Monday,they will meet and play basketball. 

"Hyung, you're late." said Hyuk not look at Wonshik as his eyes focus dribbling the ball.

" I'm sorry," said Wonshik opening his school uniform and only wearing the tshirt. 

" Okay lets begin,me and Hyuk vs Wonshik and Jaehwan." said Hongbin and they start the game. " The loser will need to buy the bread and pay using his own money."

"I'm not going to lose this time. Jaehwan-ah, we need to be the winner!" Wonshik shout as Jaehwan nodded and show his thumb. " Alright, lets show our power."

Hongbin start dribble the ball and running from Wonshik as he start chasing him. " Hongbin-ah, get ready your wallet," said Wonshik as he steal the ball from Hongbin and throw it at Jaehwan. " Jaehwan-ah, shot." 

Jaehwan catch the ball and ready to shot but suddenly Hyuk come in front of him and defense " Hyung, don't get excited early, i'm here," Hyuk smirk as he throw the ball to Hongbin and Hongbin successful make a shot.

After 20 minutes play nonstop, they stop the game and fall down on the ground,breathing hard.

" Wonshik-ah, what should you do? You need to get your wallet ready." said Hongbin in mocking tone. " Whatever, if not for Hyuk you will losing already." Wonshik try to catch his breath. " We really can't beat Hyuk. He is not called prince of basketball for nothing." Jaehwan gulping down the water. 

Hyuk laughing hearing his friend nagging. "Hyung,hurry up, i'm hungry." Wonshik rolled his eyes. " Look at this brat. Next time i'll beat you." Said Wonshik stood up and wipe the dust on his pants.

" Let me go with you." Jaehwan offering himself to accompany Wonshik. " Its okay,i'll go by myself. You guys wait here." Wonshik walk off and go to bakery to buy a bread.

 

In his way back, he suddenly saw Taekwoon sit alone at the bench in the park. He walk slowly approach Taekwoon.

"Taekwoon?" Wonshik wave his hand in front of Taekwoon when the latter seem lost in his thought. " What are you thinking of?"

"W-what?" Taekwoon blink his eyes several times and look at Wonshik in confuse. " Wonshik? What are you doing here?" 

" I lost in basketball games against Hyuk and Hongbin, that why I'm buying bread for them." Wonshik sigh. Taekwoon nodded and smiling.

" I call you for a few times,but you don't even realise." " said Wonshik and take his place beside Taekwoon. "You seem thinking about something. Do you have a problem?"

" Ah, nothing. I'm just daydreaming." said Taekwoon scratching his neck.

" Daydreaming? About what?" Wonshik smirk and raise his eyebrow. " About woman?" Taekwoon let an awkward laugh. 

" Taekwoon-ah, i heard it from Jaehwan, about that you collapse in the toilet last week." said Wonshik bitting the bread that he bought earlier. He offer to Taekwoon but Taekwoon decline. " Are you okay?"

" Ah, that so embrassing," said Taekwoon kick the sand with his shoes. " I'm okay. Don't worry, the nurse said i just lack of sleep." Wonshik nodded. Taekwoon didn't tell Wonshik about him fainted at home and have to admit in hospital for two days.He don't want Wonshik know about his problem.

"Taekwoon-ah, if you have problem,you can share it with me." said Wonshik slowly chewed his bread.Taekwoon laugh awkwardly. " Problem? I don't have any problem." Then he look at his watch.

" Wonshik-ah, i need to pick my sister at her school. See you later."Taekwoon stood up and walked away. " Ah,okay, see you." Wonshik nodded.

 

" Yeay, food is arrive." Hyuk shouting and taking the bread from Wonshik's hand.

 " What take you so long?" Jaehwan ask.

" I meet with Taekwoon in my way. He look distracted." said Wonshik " I ask him if he can share the problem with me,but i got nothing." 

"Actually....i heard something about Taekwoon." Hyuk suddenly said something that make everyone shift their attention to him.

 

" What do you mean, Taekwoon's father abandon his family?" Wonshik frowning as he listen to Hyuk's story.

" I heard it from my classmate, Kim Jong Suk, he is Taekwoon's neighbors, he told me that Taekwoon's father have another woman behind his mother's back. And his father want to divorce with his mother." said Hyuk and continue, "His mother can't accept it and she also leave he and his sister with their aunt."

"Are you telling us the truth?" Hongbin interrupt. Not believing Hyuk's story.

Hyuk shrugged."Thats what i heard. I also shocked when i heard about it." 

" If Hyuk's story true, i think we should stop pestering him to help us about Hakyeon. He also have his own problem. I don't want to add his trouble." said Jaehwan.

" I agree,we should stop it. Also, i have think about this matter for a long time..." Hongbin stopped to swallow the bread before he continue."...i don't think we can help Hakyeon anymore."

"What are you talking about?" Wonshik stood up abruptly ,stared down at him."Why so suddenly? Stop joking around Lee Hongbin."

Hongbin stare at the floor before shift his eyes to Wonshik. " No, i'm not joking. I'm really serious. I think we should give up." said Hongbin in serious tone as he also stood up along with Jaehwan and Sanghyuk.

"You-" Wonshik try to said something before Jaehwan cutting him. "To be honest, Wonshik-ah, i was thinking the same too. Maybe he really mad at us. The incident will not happen if we don't ask him to join us that night."Jaehwan agreeing as he stare at the floor playing with his finger. Not dare to look at Wonshik in the eyes.

" What?!" Wonshik look at all of them. He was furious. " Jaehwan-ah, isn't you want us to be like before. I don't think you would do that. And isn't you guys said we will help him? And what happen to those promise?!" Wonshik raise his voice, move forward grabbing Jaehwan's collar.

" Then tell me what should we do?! I'm tired you know,begging him to back to us." Hongbin shout and throw the ball in his hand loudly. Wonshik look at him in confuse expression. He unsure how to react with sudden confession. He know that how Hakyeon treat them after the incident, he also hurt by his action but that doesn't mean he will let Hakyeon drown in his own darkness.

" Yeah hyung, i remember one day, i tried to talk with him,instead he ignoring me like i never exist. He even push me in front of other student.It really hurt when i was make an effort but he just.." Hyuk can't continue as he sigh and rubbing his face remembering how  he feel humiliation with Hakyeon action toward him. 

" You also? I can't believe this." Wonshik sound dissapointed. He took a deep breath, trying to resist his anger." I mean why?"

" I'm tired hyung.We are like brother to him before but why now he treat us like we are stranger?" said Hyuk.

" I know that. I'm tired too, but he is our friend and friend does not leave each other." said Wonshik stared at his three friend. Feeling dissapointed,he take his bag and walk off. 

Little did they know someone actually hearing their conversation. 

" Yeah,that what you should do. Leave me."

To be continue....

 

p/s sorry for my english...T_T