:8: "Calm down."

Chasing Scandals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Really?” Jisoo asked, surprised.

 

Yang Hyun-Suk nodded, “Your interview got a great response…Good work.”

 

We’re currently witnessing a solo meeting between YG and Jisoo; Seokjin and Bang Si-Hyuk are having the same meeting, so I’m not going to show their side since there is barely any differences.

 

“So what does this mean?” Jisoo responded.

 

YG was silent for a few moments, going onto his computer to check his emails, “Bang Si-Hyuk and I talked about it. There are a few moments in your interview that got the most response, such as talking about going out in public, how you met, and,” he sighed, “having BTS and BLACKPINK spend time together.”

 

Yup, I knew that was going to come back.

 

“Oh, yeah, I didn’t mean it like that.” Jisoo muttered, knowing that he probably wasn’t too happy with that statement.

 

“Well, it will happen… at some point. Probably next month or so.” YG told her, “We need more focus on you two.”

 

“I understand.”

 

“Also, as you know, your comeback is going to be late April or early May.”

 

“Yup.”

 

“BigHit and YG coordinated it so BTS and BLACKPINK’s comebacks are going to be around the same time. This allows more public interaction between you and Seokjin, but also between your two groups.”

 

“Sounds good to me.” Jisoo replied.

 

“The next time you’re going to BTS’s dorm is tomorrow, correct?” He asked.

 

“Correct.”

 

“Good. The time after that, we’re going to try and change it up so Seokjin goes to your dorm.”

 

Whoa, really? Didn’t YG say “no way” to that idea? What changed?

 

“Oh, alright. I guess that means I have to clean.” Jisoo said.

 

“It’s only going to be a onetime thing. It’s because the next day scheduled is when BTS’s dorm is being refurnished or something.”

 

“What’s happening after that? Anything special?”

 

“That hasn’t been decided yet. You two are going to go out to eat one night, but we don’t know when that will be. Maybe within the next few weeks. BLACKPINK has to go to Jeju and Japan anyways, so we’ll figure it out after.”

 

“So no interviews again? Photoshoots? Anything?” Jisoo asked.

 

“Why, do you want there to be?” Hyun-Suk responded with his usual sass.

 

“No, of course not. But I’m just kind of surprised that there isn’t something big.”

 

“I understand. Well, the photoshoot idea seems interesting. I’ll bring up that idea.”

 

Jisoo left shortly after, excited to go home and eat. She hasn’t texted Seokjin in a few days, and it’s probably because she doesn’t really care? She doesn’t have a reason to text him anyways… does she?

 

It’s strange. After the recording of the interview, Jisoo felt all flustered and fluttery. When she and Jin parted ways… she didn’t do anything. It’s a strange concept, isn’t it? Whenever she has an event with Seokjin, she feels strange, but when she doesn’t… everything goes back to normal.

 

 

Hoseok has noticed it as well. Jisoo never texts him about Seokjin unless it’s nearing a certain event, or if it’s right after. Maybe it’s an after-effect or something?

 

Maybe Jisoo is trying to ignore her possible feelings? The world may never know. Ever since that interview though, Hoseok has been extra alert for any hints that Jisoo may be into Seokjin… and he hasn’t gotten any. Like I said, it’s only when there’s an event happening between Jisoo and Jin.

 

Who knows? I don’t. Hoseok might. Maybe Byulyi. But I for sure don’t.

 

“I guess the fans really like the interview,” Seokjin said when he entered the dorm.

 

“I’m not surprised. You two were pretty cute.” Namjoon replied, “For a fake couple that is.”

 

“Is Byulyi still irritated?” Jimin asked.

 

“Nah, of course not!” Seokjin responded, “She’s coming over tomorrow anyways. If she is upset, we can talk it out then.”

 

Hoseok sighed, “Tomorrow? You mean that the day Jisoo is supposed to come over again?”

 

“…Yes.”

 

“What time?”

 

“Before Jisoo comes.”

 

“And what time is that?” Hoseok asked.

 

Silence. The five witnesses of this conversation between Seokjin and Hoseok looked on, wondering what will happen next. Hoseok and Seokjin stared at one another, not breaking eye contact. A bead of sweat ran down the side of Seokjin’s face; he was clearly forgetting what time Jisoo was supposed to come. Hoseok seems to be victorious. Jimin bets that Hoseok will win this one. Taehyung thinks Seokjin smells nice today. Yoongi just wants to go to his room to sleep but Seokjin is standing in front of his door.

 

“…14:00?” Seokjin replied quietly. You know, sometimes I wonder how I should write times. I, rourou, am residing America so our time system is lowkey stupid, just like our temperature and measurement system. Seokjin said two o’clock pm for my USA folk.

 

Yet again the room goes silent. Jungkook glanced between the two, shook and anxious for Hoseok’s response. Namjoon handed him a piece of popcorn, to which the maknae was very grateful for.

 

“I’m not going to tell you.” Hoseok stated, crossing his arms, “You have to figure it out for yourself.”

 

Oof, a harsh blow. This line was super effective and makes it riskier since he doesn’t know what time Jisoo is coming over.

 

“I’ll just text her,” Seokjin said, taking out his phone, “I’ll show you.”

 

“Good luck with that.”

 

Just as Hoseok expected; Seokjin is going to try to text Jisoo for information, but what he doesn’t know is that Jisoo is eating dinner right now! She won’t see the text for another thirty minutes, meaning that Hoseok can respond a tad later from now and say that he informed Seokjin about the time. What a smart boy Hoseok is!

 

And so Hoseok proudly went back to his room, taking his snacks with him. He went on his laptop, searching up random places he can go at night. Since the guys have been in the studio a lot recently, he wants a place to escape every once in a while; it can’t be too public though. Maybe a dance club? A bar? Who knows. Again, I clearly don’t.

 

There was a knock on his bedroom door, and then Yoongi’s head popped in, “Busy?”

 

“I thought you were going to sleep,” Hoseok said, turning around.

 

“Seokjin’s still standing in front of my door.” Okay then, Yoongi. “I wanted to ask you something.”

 

“What is it?” Hoseok asked, going back to his laptop.

 

“Are you friends with Jisoo or something? Clearly you know more about her than Seokjin.”

 

Hoseok pursed his lips, not knowing whether he should reveal that he is acquainted with the BLACKPINK member. Well, it’s not a big deal. She’s come over a few times and they went on a pastry run together! So yes, they’re friendly and Hoseok finds her attractive, that’s all!

 

“Kind of.” The younger one responded.

 

“I can tell. One time while you were in the shower your phone buzzed and Jisoo texted you like five times.” Yoongi said, “Just… be careful, okay?”

 

Hoseok furrowed his brows, “What do you mean?”

 

“I know you, Hoseok. You want to fall in love. But this can’t be the girl you,”

 

“Say no more,” Hoseok put a hand up, “I know what you mean.”

 

Yoongi rolled his eyes, “We don’t want a scandal coming out saying that she’s cheating on Seokjin with another member also.”

 

“Hyung, I’m fine.” He replied, “Seriously.”

 

“I know you are.” Yoongi said, “For now.”

 

“Yah, I’m fine forever!”

 

“Okay, okay.”

 

Hoseok watched his hyung leave with cautious eyes. Unlike Jungkook, Yoongi can pick up on social cues quite easily. But he usually doesn’t voice his opinion on personal things. Does it really seem like Hoseok is into Jisoo? They’re just friends!

 

“Hey, hyung?” Hoseok called out.

 

Yoongi popped his head in, “What?”

 

“Did you hear what Seokjin said about the interview?”

 

“No, what was it?”

 

“Since Jisoo made that comment about our groups hanging out, Bang PD and YG want us to all get together somewhat soon.” Hoseok answered.

 

Yoongi clearly was trying to hide his negative reaction; it wasn’t a frustrated response, it seemed like he was almost… nervous?

 

“Why would that matter to me?” He quickly said.

 

“N-No reason, I just remember how you were against it, that’s all.”

 

Yoongi scoffed, “I’m not against it.” And he’s gone. Well that was odd.

 

Stuffing his face with snacks, Hoseok continued his search of what to do tomorrow night. He’s going to change it up and leave while Jisoo is over. As Jisoo said, he’s always there… when needed. But he’s hung up on the “always there” part. He doesn’t want to seem creepy or anything.

 

Wait, Hoseok isn’t being creepy; he’s just a good guy! Does Hoseok think that Jisoo thinks that he’s stalking her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter