:3: "Hello there!"

Chasing Scandals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Six of the BTS members sat in front of the television; the TV itself was muted, because the boys wanted to listen in on the conversation Seokjin and Moonbyul were having.

 

“Can anyone hear what they’re saying?” Taehyung asked.

 

“I heard Seokjin say ‘you know I want to stop this all’.” Jimin replied.

 

“And Moonbyul said ‘how does this even help anything’.” Jungkook added.

 

Moonbyul and Seokjin are currently in his room discussing the dating scandal Seokjin got into. She knows that he now has to fake date Jisoo, and obviously she isn’t too happy about it.

 

“What do you mean nothing can be done about it?” They heard Moonbyul yell.

 

“It’s not in my control! I’m forced to do this!” Seokjin retorted.

 

“Uh oh,” Namjoon muttered, “It’s getting heated.”

 

“So how is this even going to go,” Moonbyul began to ask, “She comes over, you two open up to each other and what?... Develop feelings for one another?”

 

“No, of course not!” Seokjin said.

 

The six BTS members looked at one another with weary expressions, hoping that the two don’t break up.

 

“When is Jisoo even coming over?” Yoongi asked.

 

“I think tomorrow.” Hoseok said. Sure it’s weird how Seokjin’s fake girlfriend will come over, but Jisoo seems nice… he just hopes that it won’t be awkward.

 

“God, this is so frustrating!” Moonbyul suddenly yelled.

 

“I know it is, but I want you to remember that,” Seokjin replied loudly, then the rest of his words trailed off.

 

“…What do you think he said?” Jimin asked.

 

“Probably something like ‘I only want to be with you’.” Namjoon shrugged.

 

There was a sudden thud that came from Seokjin’s room, the six guys glancing at one another yet again.

 

“Uh,” Jungkook began to say, “Are they…?”

 

“Makeup , most likely.” Yoongi casually stated.

 

“They really are a bold couple.” Hoseok commented.

 

Jimin the TV, not wanting to risk the possibility of hearing any more sounds that came from Seokjin’s room.

 

Meanwhile Hoseok contemplated on whether he should bring up the topic of cleaning the dorm to the guys; Jisoo is coming over tomorrow, and he doesn’t want to freak her out by having a messy dorm… Well, the dorm isn’t that messy, but it ain’t that clean, either.

 

“We should probably discuss what we should do about Jisoo coming over tomorrow.” Hoseok stated.

 

“What is there to discuss? She’ll be hanging out with Seokjin anyways.” Taehyung replied.

 

“Seokjin was planning to go out to lunch with Moonbyul tomorrow… after that they won’t be able to hang out for a week.” Jungkook said.

 

“A week? Well they saw each other today, so Seokjin should do what he’s supposed to and hang out with Jisoo.” Yoongi stated.

 

“I’ll try and convince him,” Hoseok told them, “But he’s busy right now.”

 

“What do we do if Seokjin is out when Jisoo gets here?” Jimin asked.

 

Namjoon shrugged, “I have no idea. Anyways, we shouldn’t get ourselves into that. Bang PD told us that at most we just answer interviewers saying they’re a nice couple. We don’t interact with them when they’re together, and we don’t try and spend time with Jisoo.”

 

“He seriously said that?” Hoseok responded, surprised. They can’t even spend time with her? Well he wasn’t planning to, but that’s a little harsh, don’t you think?

 

“Yup,” Namjoon said, “He said we can obviously talk to her sometimes, but we have to keep it limited. He doesn’t want a possibility of the dating scandal being screwed up.”

 

“How would it even be messed up by us?”

 

“I’m guessing Bang PD thinks that if we hang out with Jisoo,” Yoongi began to explain, “Other scandals will erupt saying that Jisoo is taking an interest in one of us. Bad media.”

 

“Come on, that wouldn’t happen.” Hoseok said.

 

“It might.” Namjoon replied.

 

Hoseok rolled his eyes, finding the whole “people will think Jisoo is cheating” explanation ridiculous. The fans know that Jisoo isn’t like that… even Hoseok knows and he’s only spoken to her once!

 

Also, Hoseok knows that Seokjin is definitely going to try and skip out with the Jisoo thing tomorrow. If he has an opportunity to see Moonbyul, he’s going to take it. Sure it’s nice, but what about Jisoo? What is she supposed to do?

 

Coming up with an idea, Hoseok decided to go to the store. He asked s if the He asked s if they wanted anything, but he wasn’t going to get anything for them anyways.

 

Hoseok, what are you thinking of doing…?

 

 

“UGH, so YG seriously said you can’t come with me?” Jisoo asked, annoyed.

 

Jennie nodded, “We tried, unnie. Sorry.”

 

“We actually did want to come. I’ve always wanted to become pals with BTS!” Lisa added.

 

Jennie, Lisa, and Rosé went to see Yang Hyun-Suk himself and asked if they could tag along with Jisoo to go to BTS’s dorm. Right away he said no, explaining that eventually they may, but it’s only the first dorm visit out of many. He said that Jisoo and Seokjin need to become close so that when they’re in public, they look like a legit couple.

 

“I’m an actress, I can act like I have the hots for Jin!” Jisoo groaned.

 

“I know, but we can’t go against YG’s commands,” Chaeyoung reminded her friend.

 

Jisoo is dreading her trip to BTS’s dorm tomorrow. She has to hang out with Seokjin and “bond”, but then the rest of the BTS members will be there! It’s going to be so awkward, especially since all the guys know that they aren’t really a couple and they’re pretending for media play!

 

Will they ask her weird questions? Or will they just be completely silent the whole time? Maybe they’ll just hideout in their rooms, which will be the better option. But then it’ll just be her and Seokjin! Is it better if BTS is there too? Ugh, the confusion! The pain! The annoyingness!... Is that even a word?

 

What if Jisoo were to just not go? Would that be so bad?... Yes, it would be. Honestly, she has to follow everything YG says for the next few months because of BLACKPINK’s comeback. They’re almost done with the album, so Jisoo can’t do anything she isn’t allowed to. Now her main priorities, which were deemed by YG, are the album and the dating scandal. That’s it. Nothing else.

 

Jisoo’s phone suddenly buzzed, and it was YG. He was letting her know what time to go to BTS’s dorm… why can’t she have Seokjin’s number and just ask him personally? It’s strange how YG and BigHit expect them to pretend to date when they don’t even have each other’s contact info.

 

But that time works for her, so whatever.

 

 

“That time doesn’t work for me.” Seokjin said into his cellphone.

 

It was finally the day that Jisoo comes over, and Seokjin has just found out exactly what time she was coming. He was talking to his manager on the phone as the other BTS members did their own thing.

 

Hoseok was listening in on the conversation, because he needed to know what time to get dressed by; all the other members don’t really care, but Hoseok just doesn’t want to make a bad impression. They’re going to be interacting with Jisoo a lot for a while, so why would he want his first impression to be him lounging around in his boxer shorts?

 

Seokjin hung up his phone with a sigh, then turned to Hoseok, “Well, I’m screwed.”

 

“Why?... What time is she coming?”

 

“In four hours.”

 

Hoseok calculated the time in his head, gasping when he realized, “You’re going to be out with Byulyi!”

 

“Yup,” Seokjin huffed, putting his phone in his pants pocket, “I know. I don’t know what I’m gonna do.”

 

“Well, you should probably cancel,”

 

“No.”

 

Hoseok rolled his eyes, “Hyung, this is much more important than,”

 

“I want to see Byulyi. I won’t see her for another week.”

 

“First of all,” Hoseok said, getting up, “Please stop cutting me off. Second of all, you saw and got nasty with Moonbyul yesterday. Third of all, this is the first day Jisoo is coming over, so you don’t want to set such a ty impression.”

 

Seokjin thought about it for a few moments, “Do you think I can just squeeze everything in?”

 

“Well, how long would you have been with Moonbyul before Jisoo comes?”

 

“Two hours or so.”

 

“Then yeah, you can just cut your time short with Moonbyul then come here just in time.” Hoseok shrugged.

 

Seokjin grinned, “Yeah, that should work out.”

 

“Hyung, just don’t get caught up in your time with Moonbyul… this is important.”

 

“I know, I know,” Seokjin pat his friend on the back, “Thanks for the suggestion.”

 

And so Seokjin went to get ready for his date with Moonbyul. Hoseok knew that Seokjin is going to be cutting it close, but he trusts that Seokjin will try to come in time.

 

Does he believe that he’ll make it in time? No. But he has trust, and that’s all the matters!

 

 

Goddamn it, Seokjin.

 

Hoseok paced back and forced, staring at his watch, “Come on, hyung,” he mumbled.

 

Jisoo is going to arrive any moment now and Seokjin still hasn’t come back yet! What happens if Jisoo gets here and Seokjin hasn’t returned?

 

All the BTS members (besides Hoseok) are in their rooms so that just leaves Hoseok! Ugh! Why does he have to do all this?!

 

Hoseok flinched when he felt his phone buzz, and it turned out to be,

 

You’ve got to be kidding me.

 

Seokjin: [Be there soon! Please keep Jisoo occupied. I’m coming as quick as possible]

 

Yup, Seokjin won’t be back for a solid hour or two. Hoseok can translate any text from his hyung into what they really mean. So what is Seokjin really saying? Here is what he really means:

 

Really Seokjin: [Haven’t even thought about coming back! It’s all in your hands now. I totally forgot about it. I’ll try to be there before she goes.]

 

Hoseok stared at the text, annoyed at his hyung. He drives him around all the time and this is how Seokjin pays him back? Garbage. Pure garbage. He owes him big time.

 

Seokjin: [Also don’t tell Jisoo about Byulyi.]

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter