:18: "That's dumb."

Chasing Scandals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jisoo chuckled awkwardly, “Yeah, it’s nice to see you too.” Sure Jisoo could have added a fun little quip to it, but nuh uh. This is not the time for that.

 

Yup, we’re back witnessing the amazing plan that Hoseok created! Like I said before, he’s in his room watching everything go down via security cameras. It’s a shame that Hoseok can’t join in on the fun. He wanted to casually join everyone, but Namjoon said no. So that’s annoying. Apparently Namjoon is going to tell Jisoo that Hoseok is somewhere else? It won’t make sense since Hoseok is the one that texted Jisoo… maybe he didn’t think his plan through thoroughly enough.

 

“Didn’t you say she’ll get her later?” Taehyung asked Seokjin. The eldest gave Taehyung a look of “why the hell would I know that”, making poor Taehyung very confused.

 

Jisoo scanned the room, wondering where Hoseok was. Is he away? She just texted him ten minutes ago!

 

“How’d you get here?” Seokjin tried to ask casually, wanting to get rid of the awkward air.

 

“My manager drove me. As usual.” Jisoo replied, reverting the vibe back to its original state.

 

“We were just about to play a card game. Do you want to join?” Jimin asked.

 

“Sure!”

 

So everyone sat in a circle. Unfortunately, Jisoo was pitted right across from Byulyi and Seokjin, giving her a perfect view of their constant PDA.

 

“Annoying, isn’t it?” Yoongi said, startling Jisoo.

 

“Not really,” Jisoo replied, “I’m fine with it. Jennie is the one who has the similar view as you.”

 

Only Jungkook (as usual) heard this, his jaw-dropping from Jisoo’s sassy comment.

 

Yoongi crossed his arms, upset that Jisoo immediately brought up that topic, “I was trying to bond and you ruined it.”

 

Jisoo chuckled, slowly getting comfortable again. It’s nice that she’s starting to get used to the guys; of course she isn’t as comfortable with them as she is with Hoseok, but since he’s nonexistent right now, the guys will have to do.

 

“You’re bonding with the wrong BLACKPINK member.” Jisoo smiled at the fact that she was making Yoongi squirm with the topic of Jennie. Jennie hasn’t talked much about Yoongi, but when she gets snippets of their very short time together, it’s clear that Yoongi made an impact on Jennie’s love life… somehow.

 

“So the game is called Spoons,” Namjoon began to explain, “Each of us has four cards. There are seven spoons since there are eight people. The person who goes first had the deck of cards next to them, and hands off the card to the next person. You’re trying to match four of a kind, so,”

 

Jisoo noticed how Namjoon’s voice slowly turned into a bunch of muffling, her mind going off into different places. Maybe this is why it takes her so long to figure out games… she hates listening to the rules.

 

“Jisoo, are you alright?” Byulyi asked her, making everyone look at the gal.

 

“Oh, yeah! I just tend to space out during the rules.” Jisoo replied, feeling exposed for her absentmindedness.

 

Yeah, Byulyi knows that Jisoo isn’t feeling too comfortable. She’s trying to let Jisoo feel included, but it’s obvious that she’s still off from seeing Byulyi and Seokjin half- and it’s clear that she’s looking for someone else.

 

The game soon started, and Jisoo instantly regretted tuning out Namjoon. Everyone started passing around cards, Jisoo not knowing what to do with them. Jisoo just passed them around, grabbing a card that matched the set she had now. She was actually playing the game right, but she had no idea. She has four of a kind, but she didn’t know what to do. There were spoons in the middle, so she slammed her hand down on the round side to make it go flying.

 

It bonked Jimin right on the forehead. Of all people, why Jimin? Ugh, she better feel bad about that.

 

Jisoo gasped, “Jimin, I’m so sorry!”

 

Everyone started laughing when Jimin rubbed his forehead, finding Jisoo’s version of the game hilarious.

 

“It’s fine, it’s fine… I’m fine.” Jimin frowned, everyone else (besides Jisoo) laughing still. Hoseok was even laughing in his room!

 

“Did I do it wrong?” Jisoo asked them.

 

Seokjin nodded, “You’re supposed to take one without people noticing.”

 

“I like her version better,” Moonbyul said.

 

“Whoever gets bonked is out?” Taehyung suggested, changing the rules. Everyone agreed, and the game continued.

 

Sure the first round was fun, but Jisoo quickly got bored. She really wants to get bonked. Jimin was back in the game because of the accidental bonk. Maybe she should ask Jimin to bonk her. Hmmmm.

 

Suddenly Jisoo felt a spoon tap her cheek; when this tap happened, Yoongi dully said, “Bonk. You’re out.”

 

Thank god Yoongi’s so observant. Jungkook is too obviously, but he only exposes people for his own amusement. Girls still spook him so he didn’t even try with Jisoo.

 

“Can I grab a snack?” Jisoo asked, Namjoon granting her permission. Everyone else continued to play, Jisoo rummaging through the kitchen to take one of Hoseok’s snacks. He always brought some Japanese snack at their hangouts, and Jisoo has become obsessed with them. But where are they??

 

“Are you looking for Hoseok’s stuff?” Byulyi asked, entering the kitchen. UGH, did she really have to get bonked right after Jisoo? Look, it may seem like Jisoo doesn’t like Byulyi right now. She does! But it’s awkward!

 

Okay, I need to pause this for a second. I'm currently about to post this chapter and I looked up the definition of bonked to make sure it meant to lightly knock or tap someone. It does, but it also means to bang *wink wink* and it makes the last scene so much funnier. Moving on~!

 

“You caught me,” Jisoo replied, making Byulyi chuckle.

 

“He has them in his room.”

 

Jisoo paused, “Um, what?”

 

“He’s in his room probably munching down on them. He has nothing else to do.”

 

He’s in his room? Why?

 

Byulyi basically read Jisoo’s mind, saying, “The guys didn’t let him hang out tonight.”

 

Jisoo frowned, “Why not?”

 

This isn’t Byulyi’s secret to share, so she made something up, “Ever since the break-up scandal, they want to ensure that other scandals regarding you and Seokjin don’t happen. They think that if you hang out with Hoseok a lot, fans will see or something,” she shrugged, “It’s dumb but whatever.”

 

“That's dumb,” Jisoo was clearly getting upset, which surprised Byulyi, “That's really dumb.”

 

Ooh, this is new. Byulyi was picking up on some ~feelings~ that Jisoo was displaying. Sure she knows about Hoseok’s attraction towards Jisoo, but maybe it isn’t one-sided anymore! What hot tea this is! Is that a saying in Korea yet?

 

Byulyi grabbed something out of the cupboard, tossing it to Jisoo, “Seokjin has a pack, but it’s a different flavor. Maybe that will help your cravings.”

 

Jisoo chuckled, “He won’t be upset that I ate his only pack?”

 

“If he is I’ll tell him he’s being an .” Okay, maybe this isn’t so awkward anymore. Byulyi could tell that as well, so she finally said, “He’s been one a lot lately.”

 

“No, it’s fine,” Jisoo knew what Byulyi was hinting at, “I get it. It’s your secret to keep, and Seokjin wasn’t ready to tell someone outside of his friend group.”

 

“Jisoo,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter