:19: "We messed up."

Chasing Scandals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“So what was your excuse this time?” Jisoo asked, opening up the box of small cupcakes Hoseok bought her.

 

“I just told them that my sister was mad at me for not seeing her much again. I even had her video call me to make it seem even more legit.” He replied, stealing a cupcake.

 

“Hey, those are mine!”

 

Hoseok put the whole cupcake in his mouth, making him puff out his cheeks, “That I bought for you.”

 

Jisoo and Hoseok were currently at the park late at night. It’s been a few weeks since the last chapter, and since then BLACKPINK has already had two of their concerts in Japan! Hoseok has been preparing for the new album and the tour, so they haven’t seen each other for quite a bit. As Hoseok just said a few lines ago, he’s been using his sister as his alibi for leaving. It works every time… even Yoongi is convinced!

 

The two were also disguised so stray fans wouldn’t recognize them. Although it’s obvious there’s an idol around when they wear the “facemask and glasses” disguise.

 

“Your concept photos for you new album are really, uh, interesting,” Jisoo mentioned.

 

“You’ll see why they’re like that soon.”

 

She groaned, “Can’t you just spoil it to me?”

 

“No, because then you’ll spoil it to BLACKPINK, who will spoil it to Red Velvet, who will spoil it to all of SM, who will spoil it to,” Hoseok started to say,

 

“Alright, alright,” Jisoo cut him off, “I get it.”

 

The pals ate the cupcakes while catching up, both of them sitting closely next to each other. Jisoo would occasionally drop some accidentally flirty lines, which Hoseok didn’t mind at all. Well, also he didn’t realize they were flirty lines. He still thinks that she’s not into him.

 

“So when’s the next time you have to see Seokjin for your mandatory hang out?” Hoseok asked.

 

“In a few days. I still don’t get how my plan was garbage.” Jisoo sighed.

 

Last week Jisoo posted a picture of herself with a stuffed animal, captioning it “Love, Jin”. Pretty cute right? Her plan was to post a picture of a fake gift Seokjin got her if there weren’t any couple updates that week. Sounds like a good plan to me, but YG thought that it didn’t seem real enough. Because of this, YG and BigHit planned mandatory photo sessions between Seokjin and Jisoo. They just meet somewhere, take a few pictures then leave. I liked Jisoo’s idea more. The fans even liked it! All of them were saying how cute it was that Seokjin got Jisoo something since they haven’t seen each other in a while… but whatever, it’s not her decision I guess.

 

“I liked your plan! But I have no say, obviously.” Hoseok replied.

 

It’s been over five months since this whole scandal started, and it’s clear that Jisoo is getting tired of it. YG and Si-Hyuk said that this would only last through their promotions, and both the Tear and Square Up promotions are finished! But oh noooo there was one breakup rumor so they had to extend it another few months! Come on, just let it happen! People breakup all the time, and idols are no different. Do you know how many boyfriends Jisoo’s idol friends have gone though already? A lot! How many has Jisoo gone through in her idol career? NONE. How many boyfriends did she have as a trainee? Two if you count the one that lasted two weeks.

 

Jisoo’s been telling Hoseok constantly that she just wants to tell the world the truth about the scandal, which obviously isn’t a good idea. Each time she says that, Hoseok reminds her that it’ll be over during BTS’s tour. The official plan is that Jisoo and Seokjin will breakup halfway through BTS’s world tour because of the distance. Sure she’s going to be there for a few stops, but she’s going to fewer stops than planned. It does sound like a good plan, but Jisoo doesn’t want to wait that long! She wants to date Hoseok! UGH.

 

Honestly Hoseok can’t wait for Jisoo and Seokjin to fake break up! That means he can have more time with Jisoo!... Wait, but won’t it still have to be in secret? Oh god, yeah they’ll still have to sneak around. This is so there aren’t any nasty rumors about Jisoo trying to date all the BTS members. Holy , they just won’t be able to hang out at all! AHHH! Why is Hoseok just realizing this now? Why am I just realizing this now?

 

“Hoseok, what’s wrong?” Jisoo asked, still stuffed.

 

“Nothing,” Hoseok replied, “It’s fine.”

 

“Liar.”

 

“Yah, I’m not lying.”

 

“Yes you are! I can see it in your eyes! You’re thinking about something sad.” Jisoo told him. Wow, her observation skills are improving!

 

“It’s just that,” Hoseok sighed, wanting his words to not sound like he’s into Jisoo, “I just realized that after you and Seokjin publicly break up, we probably won’t be able to hang out anymore?”

 

“Why not?”

 

“After break-ups fans become more protective of their idols. So if we hang out, they’ll probably come after you saying that you’re trying to date all of the BTS members.”

 

Jisoo’s eyes widened, but her startled reaction wasn’t because of Hoseok’s realization. “W-What do you mean by that? I’m not trying to date anyone.” Yup, she thought Hoseok figured her out.

 

“I know.” Hoseok stated. “The fans will think that, though.”

 

Oh, thank god. Jisoo thought Hoseok knew that she was into him! But Hoseok does have a valid point. They could sneak around still after the break-up, but the fans will be monitoring Jisoo’s actions a lot more. They’ll be caught almost instantly!

 

Jisoo shrugged, “We still have time to figure it out. Anyways, maybe the fans will surprise us this time.”

 

“I don’t know,” Hoseok replied, “I feel like they’ll be even worse because of our two groups’ popularity.”

 

“Let’s just not think about it.” Jisoo told him, placing her hand on his shoulder, “Let’s just enjoy the moments we’re sharing now, okay?”

 

Hoseok smiled, “Alright, alright.”

 

Yeah, there’s no need to think about the future right now, Hoseok! You’re right about the fans spotting them easily, but it’s not happening now so just enjoy your time with Jisoo!

 

 

“This just in, our favorite idol couple has been spotted at a late-night park date last night! Dispatch published the photos just hours after the pair were found sitting closely next to each other by the Han River.” The anchorwoman said.

 

Oh, .

 

“Seokjin didn’t tell us he was leaving to see Jisoo.” Jimin stated, staring at the television.

 

Hoseok glanced at all of s (minus Seokjin who was in his room), praying that they don’t realize that it’s him. He thought that they were careful! They went out so late at night and didn’t see anyone around! Who could have seen them? A saesang of Jisoo’s? Were paparazzi just waiting around for any idols to show up and got lucky? I guess we’ll never know.

 

“They looked to be enjoying their time, the both of them seen laughing multiple times.” The anchorwoman continued.

 

“I wonder if this was a mandatory meet up.” Namjoon thought outloud.

 

“I thought they were seeing each other in a few days.” Hoseok lied, trying to add to the conversation.

 

“You didn’t know about this?” Jungkook asked Hoseok, who shook his head no.

 

Wow, I’m proud of you, Hoseok! Even Jungkook couldn’t expose you (in this moment)! You really are getting better at lying.

 

“I mean, this is well acted out,” Yoongi observed, “They really look like a couple here.”

 

Hoseok stared at the pictures displayed on the television, getting more and more nervous. They’re definitely going to find out that it was Hoseok. It’s going to be even worse because they’re all saying what good job “Seokjin” and Jisoo did!... Hoseok and Jisoo really do look like a good couple here. Sure the pictures were basically just almost-silhouettes of the two sitting on a bench, but still they’re pretty romantic photos!

 

Has Jisoo seen these pictures? She probably has. Wait no, she would have texted Hoseok by now if that was the case. She’s probably sleeping.

 

“This will really get rid of the break-up rumors.” Taehyung stated. “Good for them!”

 

“Maybe the scandal will be shortened from this.” Yoongi shrugged.

 

Suddenly Seokjin came out of the room, looking flustered. He was on the phone probably talking to his manager, “What do you mean good job? I don’t know what you’re talking about!” The six other members watched him, now all of them (besides Hoseok) getting confused.

 

And this, Hoseok believes, is where everything will go downhill.

 

Seokjin stopped once he looked at the television, reading the headlines outloud, “Seokjin and Jisoo spotted on romantic date last night…” He then went back to his conversation on the phone, “Oh, yeah that.” Wait, what? Seokjin paused before selecting his words carefully, “Does this mean out mandatory meeting is off tomorrow? Yes? Cool. I’ll let Jisoo know the good news.”

 

The eldest member hung up, then turned to the guys, “Well this is odd.”

 

“How so?” Jimin asked.

 

Did Seokjin just tell his manager that the guy with Jisoo was him? What is he think

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter