:4: "Seriously?"

Chasing Scandals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hoseok was currently in the studio, listening to his mixtape multiple times. Tomorrow it finally gets released, and he’s really freaking out about it. He’s been working on it since 2016, and it feels odd how it’s finally done. Of course he’s relieved, but what is he going to do now that he’s done with his mixtape? He would spend all of his freetime on it… now he has nothing!

 

Oh right, he can go buy the pastries for today. He forgot that he lost the game.

 

It’s been a few days since Jisoo came, but she’ll be coming back later in the afternoon. That means Hoseok has about four hours to make any last minute touch-ups on his music and buy desserts.

 

Wait, he’s supposed to buy one thing for everyone… How will he know what to get Jisoo?

 

He’ll figure it out.

 

Hoseok continued to listen and fix his songs until someone knocked on his door. “Who is it?” He asked.

 

“Seokjin.”

 

Oh god, is Seokjin going to bail again?

 

The eldest member of BTS entered Hoseok’s studio, “You’re still working on it? You said yesterday that it’s completely done.”

 

“It is, but I just want to be sure.” Hoseok replied.

 

“Alright, I get that,” Seokjin sat, then sat in the chair next to his pal, “Jisoo should be coming later today.”
 

 

“That’s what I guessed.”

 

“I’m probably just going to text her for when she should come over, because Byulyi said she isn’t busy today.”

 

Hoseok turned to Seokjin with an annoyed expression, “So you’re gonna pull what you did last time?”

 

“No!” Seokjin retorted, “That’s why I’m going to text Jisoo to come over. So she isn’t just sitting here.”

 

“I’m glad you learned your lesson.” Hoseok applauded.

 

“Thanks for covering for me, though. I don’t know if I’ve thanked you yet.”

 

“It’s no problem. I wanted to see what she was like anyways.”

 

“She told me you bought Jenga for her.” Seokjin stated.

 

“Yup, because I knew you wouldn’t appear for a while.”

 

Seokjin rolled his eyes, “I know. But that was kind of you.”

 

“I try to be.” Hoseok tapped the computer mouse, “So how’s Moonbyul taking it?”

 

“Taking what? Everything?”

 

“That and how you text Jisoo a lot.”

 

Seokjin frowned, “Jisoo’s the one who initiates it. Anyways, I don’t want to be a and not respond.”

 

“That’s true… Maybe you should just tell Jisoo about Moonbyul.”

 

“No way,” Seokjin replied quickly, “That would cause all hell to break loose.”

 

“It really wouldn’t.” Hoseok told him.

 

Yeah, why isn’t Seokjin telling Jisoo about Moonbyul? It’s the right thing to do. I guess Seokjin feels like it would make the whole scandal situation more confusing? But if Jisoo knew, it would give her another reason why they have to fake-date and it would explain why Seokjin is always out or on his phone!

 

Obviously Hoseok isn’t going to tell Jisoo himself. Seokjin should do it. One day it’s going to come out, and it’ll be terrible if it was revealed in an informal way.

 

But whatever, Hoseok can’t do anything about it. It doesn’t affect him anyways, why is he so concerned about it?

 

 

“It’s nothing to be concerned about, unnie.” Jennie said.

 

“It kind of is… in four days we’re going out in public and I know it won’t look legit! I have every right to be concerned!” Jisoo replied, flailing her arms around.

 

“Haven’t you been texting Jin?” Rosé asked.

 

Jisoo nodded, “But that doesn’t help anything. We should have been seeing each other in person more.”

 

“Honestly it won’t change anything. All new couples are awkward, and in the announcement it said you two got together recently.” Jennie told her.

 

“Yeah unnie, there’s nothing to worry about! Anyways, you’re seeing him today.” Lisa added.

 

“Speaking of that, what time are you going?” Rosé asked.

 

“Well, Seokjin said he’ll be back by three in the afternoon, but he’ll text me when he’s actually at the dorm. So I’ll probably be going in the next few hours.” Jisoo replied.

 

“Why is he always out? First he doesn’t arrive on time and now he’s out again? I feel like something’s up.” Jennie said.

 

“He probably tries to make the most of all his freetime. I hear BTS barely has time to do things that they want.”

 

“I guess that makes sense,” Jennie mumbled. She knew that something must be up; why would Jin risk being seen in public that much? He must be hiding something.

 

“Oh I forgot to tell you,” Rosé said, “When I was going out shopping yesterday for BLACKPINK TV, a lot of the fans who saw me mentioned you.”

 

“You mean about the scandal?” Jisoo asked.

 

Chaeyoung nodded, “They asked me questions like ‘is Seokjin a kind boyfriend’ and ‘how often do you see him’. They wanted to hear about your life with him. At least it wasn’t rude things. One fan even told me to say congratulations to you for getting such a handsome guy… and then her friend said that you two are the most attractive couple she’s ever seen.”

 

Jisoo groaned, “Is this how it’s going to be every day?”

 

“Basically.” Jennie replied, “But just remember that it could be worse. The fans could have hated your relationship and send you threats every day.”

 

That’s true. The most surprising thing to come out of this scandal is the fact that there are more positive comments about Seokjin and Jisoo’s “relationship”. It’s rare for an idol couple to get positive feedback, the odds aren’t in the celebrities favor, but apparently these two are lucky despite not being in a real relationship.

 

“I’m just not excited about going out in public. I feel like we’ll just be swarmed.” Jisoo sighed.

 

“That’s understandable,” Rosé replied, “But at least you’ll have someone else by your side.”

 

“Yah, you make it seem like they’re actually dating!” Jennie joked.

 

“I think they’d be cute!” Lisa grinned, joining in on the fun.

 

Jisoo rolled her eyes, “C’mon, stop that.”

 

“I mean, she’s not wrong.” Chaeyoung shrugged.

 

Lisa has started stuff like this before, but Jisoo doesn’t really think of Seokjin in that way. Well, obviously she doesn’t since they barely know one another, but even if they get closer… she can’t imagine it. Seokjin seems a little too serious for her. She definitely needs someone who can be serious, but… maybe he just seems occupied too much?

 

Jisoo decided to ditch her pals and go lay down for a bit. She should also remember to make time to get ready for her adventure to BTS’s dorm. Maybe they’ll play Jenga again.

 

Oh wait! Isn’t Hoseok getting all of them pastries! How is he going to know what to get her?! Ugh, how tragic. Well, he did get her Jenga last time, so maybe he’ll know what she’d like? Whatever, she loves all pastries.

 

A few hours passed, and Jisoo was ready to go to BTS’s dorm. But Seokjin hadn’t texted her yet, so she didn’t know if she should just head over or not. All the girls were out doing their own thing, it’s either sulk at home or possibly play Jenga again at BTS’s dorm. It’s probably not to go over there yet, especially if Seokjin wasn’t ready. Sure her alone time at BTS’s place wasn’t too bad, but she doesn’t want to do it again.

 

So, she let thirty minutes pass… and still no text from Seokjin. Jisoo looked at her watch, and it was already the time that she would have been going to their dorm if Seokjin texted her like he should have.

 

Should she just go? Seokjin could have forgotten to text her. He does seem pretty forgetful.

 

Jisoo went back to the mirror, checking her hair and makeup. No, she’s not wearing fancy makeup, but she’s obviously not comfortable enough to wear her sweats in front of several men. She decided just to wear a cute blouse and skirt, but it wasn’t too formal.

 

“Ugh,” Jisoo groaned, looking at the time, “I’m just gonna go.”

 

Seokjin probably is ready anyways. He definitely just forgot to,

 

 

“I’ll be there in forty five minutes!” Seokjin said to Hoseok (on the phone).

 

“Didn’t you say this was the time you would have been back?” Hoseok asked, annoyed.

 

“Yeah, but I told Jisoo that I would text her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter