:5: "You did great."

Chasing Scandals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“This outfit is definitely better. It shows that you know that the paparazzi will see you, but you care about the date being nice also.” Byulyi said, pointing to one of Seokjin’s options.

 

Today is the day that Jisoo and Seokjin go out in public for the first time.

 

YG and BigHit gave the paparazzi an anonymous tip for where the “couple” is going and what time they’ll be there. They’re hoping that Seokjin and Jisoo make the front page, which will then give them leverage on when each group’s comeback will be. If the story gets a lot of attention, they have to speed up the process… or maybe they’ll drag it out to bring even more hype.

 

Seokjin and Moonbyul are currently figuring out what Seokjin should wear, which is obviously more important than Seokjin checking in on how Jisoo is feeling about all of this.

 

“But I wore this outfit to our six month anniversary!” Seokjin replied, holding up another outfit.

 

“And that’s exactly why you shouldn’t wear it.” Moonbyul told him.

 

Seokjin sighed, “This is difficult.”

 

“This is garbage and difficult.”

 

“You know that I don’t want to do this, right?” Seokjin asked.

 

Byulyi chuckled, “Yes, I do know. And I completely understand that you are forced to do it.”

 

“I’m glad that you know.”

 

Seokjin and Moonbyul spent twenty more minutes figuring out what Seokjin should wear; there were little arguments about the sentimental values behind some pieces of clothing, preventing Seokjin from easily choosing a suit.

 

“You know,” Moonbyul said, sitting on his bed, “I really want to meet Jisoo. She seems cool.”

 

“Well, you’re not meeting her through me,” Seokjin told her, “I don’t want her to know about us.”

 

Byulyi rolled her eyes, “Geez you can be so annoying. What’s the big deal?”

 

“I just feel like everything will become more complicated.”

 

“Jinnie, that makes no goddamn sense and you know it.”

 

Seokjin groaned, plopping onto his bed beside Moonbyul, “I just don’t want you in this mess.”

 

“That’s kind of you,” She pinched his cheek, “But I really don’t give a ; I can handle the drama.”

 

“I don’t want you in the drama. I want to protect you from the drama!” Seokjin said overdramatically, wrapping his arms around her.

 

“Ughhhhh so weird!” Moonbyul joked, trying to push him off of her.

 

There was suddenly a knock on the door, meaning that,

 

“Yah, Jimin made sandwiches, so get one or starve.” Yoongi said from the other side of the door.

 

The couple looked at one another, then decided to join the other BTS members. They were scattered throughout the dorm, but Hoseok, Jungkook, and Taehyung were the only ones either in the kitchen or by the television. Seokjin was grabbing their food while Byulyi decided to pop a squat near Hoseok on the couch.

 

“Hey Hoseok,” Byulyi said, watching him stare at his phone.

 

He looked up with a smile, “Hello there! Did you help Seokjin pick an outfit?”

 

She nodded, “I think so. He has a ton of clothes.”

 

“I know he does. It’s a labyrinth of dress shirts and suit jackets.”

 

Hoseok put his focus back on his phone once it vibrated, meaning that Jisoo texted him back. Yes, he’s texting Jisoo! He just wanted to see how she was feeling about today; he knows that Seokjin definitely hasn’t checked in, so he just wants to see if Jisoo is doing alright.

 

Jisoo: [What exactly is a blue side?]

 

But now they’re off-topic.

 

Hoseok: [That’s for you to interpret.]

 

Jisoo: [Okay, then what is a Bass Line?]

 

Hoseok: [Are you messing with me?]

 

Jisoo: [Maybe ^^]

 

Hoseok chuckled, knowing that Jisoo was just trying not to think about what’s happening in three hours AKA going out publicly with Seokjin.

 

“Who are you texting?” Byulyi asked, noticing his wide grin.

 

Glancing between her and his phone, Hoseok said, “Uh, Kim Jisoo.”

 

“You mean ‘dating scandal Jisoo’?”

 

“Yeah.” His phone vibrated again, and Hoseok laughed again when reading the text.

 

Byulyi gave him a weird look, “Are you into her or something?”

 

“What?” He replied quickly, “Of course not.”

 

“So you get giddy like this when Jimin texts you too?”

 

“I swoon when I am blessed by Jimin’s texts.” Hoseok replied sarcastically. “What makes you say that anyways?”

 

“What? That I think that you’re into her?” She asked, and Hoseok nodded. “I’ve just never seen you this happy when getting a text. But I don’t see you a lot anymore so I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt… you may be crushing on her though.”

 

“Yah,” Hoseok said, “I’m not.”

 

“Alright, alright.” Moonbyul put her hands up, defeated. Hoseok went back to his phone with a sigh, putting it away after typing something. “I didn’t mean to wreck your texting mojo.”

 

“No, you didn’t,” Hoseok explained, “She needs to get ready for the big public date.”

 

“Is she freaking out about it?”

 

“Yup.”

 

“That ,” Moonbyul muttered. She couldn’t even imagine being in Jisoo’s position; even if it were Byulyi and Seokjin doing this, it’d be a lot different since YG and BigHit wouldn’t be setting everything up. It’s too bad, really. Seokjin’s been telling her that this date freaks him out, because it’s going to feel as if he and Byulyi are out; when the two first started dating, Seokjin made numerous escape plans throughout Seoul just in case they got caught. He really doesn’t want to get caught with Moonbyul.

 

“I come bearing sandwiches,” Seokjin said, tossing one to Byulyi.

 

“Ah, too kind,” She joked, taking a bite. Seokjin sat down next to her, clearly wondering what the two were talking about. “He’s texting Jisoo.”

 

Seokjin’s eyebrows furrowed, “You have her number, Hobi?”

 

“Uh, y-yeah. We went to the bakery together, remember?” Hoseok replied nervously.

 

Moonbyul glanced at the two guys, noticing how Hoseok suddenly became tense talking about Jisoo… was it Seokjin’s presence that made him this way?

 

“Yah,” Byulyi tapped Seokjin’s arm, “It’s not a big deal. Anyways, she needs a friend here for when you ditch her like the terrible fake boyfriend you are.”

 

“I’m not that bad! Anyways, I have my real girlfriend to take care of.” Seokjin retorted.

 

Hoseok sighed in relief, mouthing a “thank you” to Moonbyul. Sure he’s kind of friends with Jisoo now, but he feels like he’ll make the whole fake dating scandal difficult if Seokjin knows how much the two have been texting lately.

 

And also it’ll be better since Jisoo’s mostly asking about Seokjin.

 

 

“He hasn’t contacted you at all?” Jennie asked, surprised.

 

“Nope, I’ve been asking through Hoseok, and he says that he has no clue.” Jisoo replied.

 

“But you’re going over there in an hour!” Lalisa gasped.

 

Yup, there’s only one hour until her big date. Seokjin hasn’t said anything, and Hoseok says that Seokjin is getting ready… that’s it. How has Seokjin been getting ready for the past two hours?

 

“Are you ready, unnie?” Chaeyoung asked.

 

“Of course I’m not,” Jisoo sighed, “But I need to be. I just feel like we haven’t had enough time to prepare.”

 

“I agree that you haven’t. Maybe if Jin didn’t spend all his time being suspicious,” Jennie started to complain.

 

“Yah, stop. He’s not suspicious. He just has a life.” The eldest responded.

 

“Did YG tell you how much paparazzi is going to be there?” Lisa asked.

 

Jisoo shrugged, “No, but I’m guessing just the ones that he hires for airport photos and such.”

 

“Yeah, he may send a few more, but they probably want it to seem more private.” Jennie commented.

 

Looking at the time, Jisoo sighed, “I should probably be heading out soon, right?”

 

“Probably,” Chaeyoung said, “We’re rooting for you! You’ll do fine!”

 

“Just act happy.” Jennie added.

 

“And hold hands!” Lisa chimed in.

 

Jisoo rolled her eyes, “I know that I have to do that. But thanks.” She started gathering her things, “I’m freaking out.”

 

“It’s fine, unnie. You’re only spending an hour with him. It’s not going to go on too long.” Jennie told her.

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter