A night like this

My Boss and his Assistant

"Are you ready?:

"Did you give me a choice?" she hopped into his room, crouching down to fix one of her heels. She straightened her back and almost stumbled over if it wasn't for the door frame.

He examined her over, pleased with the way she was wearing the dress he gave her. It hugged her body, and he was especially happy with the zipper being in the front... not that he would do anything to her.

"I don't know why you insist on heels" she sighed, "flats or sandals would have been fine"

"I like long legs" he smirked.

She snarled in disgust, almost use to his ways by now.

"Help me with this Trouble" he turned away from the mirror, giving up on the bow he was trying to make. Of course he was capable of doing up his own bows, but at that moment, since she was there, he wanted her to do it. She will be the only one he lets do his tie or bow for him.

"Don't call me that" she frowned as she walked over to him. She tugged at the fabric that hung from his neck, intending to even both sides in length but instead, it brought him closer. She looked up, surprised, and couldn't help but wonder if his eyes were always as smoldering as they were at that moment.

He had caught the scent of her perfume, all the more he had a tough time controlling himself. She cleared , taking a safe step back before twisting and looping it into a bow.

"You smell lovely" he had casually stated.

She felt her heart beat faster but she couldn't let him have the satisfaction of knowing. Instead, she raised an eyebrow, eyes still on the tie. "Is that the only thing lovely about me?"

A smile curved onto his lips.

He was brought back to last night as he stared at her.

"She's the one you were waiting for isn't she?"

He heard a voice behind him, as he turned to see it was Tiffany. 

"No"

"You can't lie to me"

He sighed loudly, running his hand through his hair. "I honestly don't know what I was waiting for"

"You were waiting for her, to make sure she was okay, to hear her explanation. You were waiting for her!" she patiently explained "You're already acting like her boyfriend.... a jealous one" she teased.

"I don't want to be her boyfriend. I'm not easily tied down, you know that" he said in frustration.

"But with her, it makes it so easy to be tied down" she had inquired.

"Exactly-" he paused, eyes widening that he actually admitted it. He turned to Tiffany, seeing that he smiled had widened. "What do I do?" 

"Show her that you like her"

"She is very dense. She will not see it"

"Then tell her"

"....She will think I'm kidding"

"Then you better get off that of yous and do something about that!"

He laughed, pulling her close. "Thank you Tiffany."

It was also because of that hug that he was able to hold Yoona last night. He remembered the feeling all too well. When her arms wrapped around his neck pulling him closer, his heart skipping a beat, and the temptation. He was so close to her perfect neck that he found his mouth inching closer and closer, in the end he pulled away, knowing all too well that he couldn't overstep those boundaries.

"Seunghyun?" she cocked her head to the side, successfully catching his attention. 

He looked down to see his tie had been done up perfectly. "Let's go"

--------

She swore she will never get use to these parties. 

She will never get use to the envious glares she receives from women in all directions when her arm is hooked around Seunghyun's. 

She will never get use to heels or alcohol.

And she will surely, never ever, get use to Seunghyun's attention solely being on her.

But it was.

He would accompany her everywhere. She had objected at first because everyone there were either important business people or their rich dates. Even with her retaliation, he would introduce her to everyone who unexpectedly showered her with compliments which seemed to irk Seunghyun because after a polite nod, she would be dragged away.

It wasn't like she could do the same with all the women around him. She would stand awkwardly at his side, but she would feel his hand enclose tighter around her waist like he was announcing to everyone that she was his, and then she would be swept away again.

"Are you sick or something?" she laid her hand on his forehead once they were in their own quiet corner.

"No. Why?" he looked up at her hand.

"Because you're actually brushing women off!"

He laughed. "I have to with his green-eyed monster by me"

"I already told you I wasn't-"

"Seunghyun" a light, feminine voice interrupted.

"Hara?" he was almost surprised.

"Can I steal you for a minute?" she smiled at him, taking a quick glance to Yoona.

"I'm not so sur-" he intended to reply

"Come on. I just got back. I haven't seen you in forever" she whined, cutting him off by grabbing his hand. "You don't mind do you?" her tone quickly changed when she posed the question to Yoona. 

She looked up at Seunghyun who only had his eyes on Hara. A forced smile formed on her face. "Of course not"

And so there they went, heading to the doors, and into the elevator.

She walked over to the refreshment's table and found a variety of drinks.

"Guess you're not sick after all" she muttered to herself as she poured herself the alcoholic punch and downed it in one go.

"Woah easy now"

She looked beside her to see a tall muscular man smirking.

What's with businessmen and their smirks? 

She was immediately irritated when it reminded her of Seunghyun.

"Amused?" she rolled her eyes.

"A little"

She glared at him.

"I mean, you were the beauty with Choi Seunghyun. Now you're alone? Of course I'm amused."

"I would be laughing at myself as well" she mumbled, walking away from him.

"I didn't say I was laughing at you" he ran up in front of her, stopping in her tracks, lifting his hands in defeat. "I'm intrigued. I want to get to know you. Hm?" the ice crinkled against the glass as he raised it.

She raised her own and clinked her cup with his.

"Im Yoona"

"Ok Taecyeon" he smirked. They both finished their glasses.

--------------

Like he suggested, they headed outside to clear their heads.

She was a little hazy, but people say that once a sense has diminished, the other four become stronger. Her eyes were a little blurry but she still noticed the empty streets. Her sense of smell seemed stronger than ever when she caught the smell of the man beside her. Her skin was covered in goose bumps from the cool night breeze that was the the only thing she could hear during the still night, and she still tasted the bitter-sweet alcohol in . 

"I want to go inside" she whispered.

The next thing she felt on her was the burning grip he had on her wrist, pulling her across the street....away from the building.

"W-where are we going?" she panicked. "Let go!" wherever they were going, she knew it wasn't going to be good with the way he was forcibly pulling her. "Let go!! You're hurting me!" she shrieked at the top of her lungs, by then, she was already slammed into the brick wall of a dark alley.

His knees pressed against her legs to stop her from kicking, while her hands pounded at his back, face, chest, everywhere for him to let go, but with his build she was harmless. She was bound, and that left her helpless and defenseless, even with her skills.

She felt his calloused hand grabbing her face in an iron grip, forcing her to face him. Before she could scream again, his mouth had silenced her. His bitter tongue was shoved unwillingly into . Tears streamed down her face as she tried to set her feet free, her arms now restrained with his other hand.

She bit down on his tongue, causing him to grunt angrily.

"You dare?" he withdrew his mouth, the grip on her face tightening that his nails dug into her skin.

"Stop!" she cried in pain.

"But I'm not done with you yet" he whispered before grabbing on her hair, pulling her face up to him. "When i first saw you with that jerk I knew I had to have you" his smile was cynical. His teeth closed around her bottom lip as he bit down. She wanted to avoid his revolting mouth, turning her face away as he bit down, causing her hair to be ripped to a painful extent as well as the corner of her lip to bleed.

"aaagh!"

"Do you like to inflict pain on yourself?" he left a stinging slap on her face, knocking her very soul out of her body. "If not, keep still" he said ruthlessly.

She left a blood curling scream before knocking her head back on the brick wall, it being too heavy for her to hold up anymore.

He reached down to her dress, tearing it open. He tortured her neck, restraining her by grabbing onto her waist so hard she swear she heard her bones break. She hit him again and again now that her hands were free until she couldn't anymore.

"Stop. Just please stop" she pleaded weakly, hoarse and her face strained with tears. He was right. She found that the more she struggled to free herself, the more the pain imposed on her felt.

He lifted the hem of her dress up, and right then she knew that she would be scarred forever.

"Anybody?" she prayed one last time.

There was nobody there anymore.

No one binding her to a wall, no one shoving their tongue into , no one stripping her down, and no one tearing her apart.

"How dare you?!"

There was someone.

Someone who pulled him off her, someone flaming with anger, someone who was beating the life out of him. Someone who saved her from a monster.

 

"It's been awhile Seunghyun"

"Your fault for leaving the country"

"You can't still be mad can you? Then how about we catch up?" she walked over ot the railing where he was standing.

"What do you have in mind?" he raised an eyebrow.

"You, me, at my apartment?"

"You don't change at all do you?" he smirked.

"And you have?"

"I think so" 

"To a bore?" she scoffed

He furrowed his brows, leaning over the rail as much as possible, trying to peer at a familiar figure below.

"You're totally whipped. Such a drag... but we can change that can't we?"

"W-where are we going?".... Let go!..." they heard faint screaming.

His eyes widened. "Yoona!" he dashed towards the door of the roof, slamming it open and entering the building, leaving Hara dumbfounded.

He jammed his finger impatiently at the elevator button over and over again but it just wasn't coming, so he took the stairs...from the roof to the ground level.

 

"Never lay a finger on her ever again!-" he was about to lay another punch on him again after about a dozen of them already until he heard a whimper.

Yoona.

He had left her alone after such trauma because of his anger towards that man.

"You're lucky i didn't call the police. If i ever see your face again, you're dead" he stood up as Taecyeon used this chance to sit up, scrambling a few feet back before taking off.

There was almost no light in the alley way except for a small portion of the moonlight. He ran to her and spotted her hugging herself with her head hung low. If he had seen her like this earlier he would have killed the guy. He stepped in front of her and tugged at the zipper to her dress, hoping to be able to zip it back up.

"Please stop" her body stiffened as she shrunk away in fear.

He quickly took off his jacket and wrapped it around her, ensuring her that she was safe.

"Yoona, it's me"

The smell of the jacket, the sound of his voice, it had all become too familiar to her. The shaking of her body only calmed slightly but her shoulders visibly relaxed.

"Look at me" he said softly.

She shook her head.

"Look at me" he pleaded. He carefully moved his finger under her chin to tip her head up.

His heart broke, never again would he want to see her like this.

Her hair was messed up, her makeup was running, tear stains were evident, her lip was still bleeding, her cheeks had red marks on them, her neck had bruises all over, and the bright eyes he admired so much had no life in them. He fished out a handkerchief to dab her wounded lip only to have her turn away coldly.

"I'm fine. You can go now"

He clicked his tongue, turning her head to him again as he cleaned the wound. She would have cringed if it had not been for the numbness of her body.

"You're strong Yoona, but not that strong"

She frowned.

"You can't handle this all by yourself"

"Yes I can"

"Stop being so stubborn. I'm not going anywhere so you don't need to bottle everything up by yourself" he scolded her. "Go on... cry"

Her lip quivered as tears pooled into her eyes. He wrapped his arms around her to give her comfort, warmth, support and that was when she broke down. Crying her heart out in his chest, her hands clutching onto him.

They stood there like that until her wails turned into quiet sobs and sniffles. She used her hand to quickly wipe her drenched face before laying them on his chest again.

"You're warm" she whispered.

She felt the light rumbling of his chest when he chuckled. It was soothing. She pulled her head off his chest to look at him.

"You're supposed to be cold" she stated.

"I was"

"And now?"

"I'm.. just not" he tightened his arms around her.

"Ah" she winced, stepping back from him as she rubbed the side of her waist..

"I'm going to make his life a living hell" he cursed to himself as he tried to check if she was okay. "Let's go home" he lightly held her hand as he led her to the car.

----

This was officially the second time he had been in the kitchen since he was with her.

He threw the bag away as he waited for the kettle to boil. He had sent her to take a shower right when they had gotten home, to wash herself up as well as to clear her mind. He was sure that a steamy shower will do the job.

He was filling the cups with boiling water when he had heard the stairs creak. He looked up to see that she had completely covered herself up with a loose long sleeved shirt as well as baggy sweats. Her hair was still damp and he briefly wondered how hot the shower must have been for it to have brought back the pink tinges on her earlier drained face.

"Hi" she managed to squeak out, rubbing the back of her neck with her hand, not knowing what else to say.

"Hi" he grinned.

She smiled before walking down the rest of the steps and plopped herself onto the couch with her legs crossed, letting him finish whatever he was doing in the kitchen.

He soon joined her where she noticed the two mugs in his hand, one being handed to her. She straightened herself up to take a peak at what was in it before reaching out to it.

It was hot chocolate.

She smiled at the warm feeling before blowing into the cup to try to cool it down. He sat down beside her where she took a glance into his cup.

"Why didn't I get marshmallows"

"Because there's no more and I wanted them" she leaned back on the couch pouting. He shook his head before scooping the mashmallows that had already started to dissolve into his drink and transferring it to hers.

She smiled before immediately eating one, and then taking a careful sip of her drink.

"I'm glad you're still as immature as ever" he joked.

"I told you, I'm fine." she stirred her drink aimlessly.

"I don't buy it"

"I am!" she raised her voice.

"And if i wasn't here?!" his words were firm.

"I would still be fine" she bit the insides of her cheeks.

"Why do you have to be so stubborn-"

"This isn't the first time!!" she grew frustrated with him thinking she was weak.

His forehead creased. "What?"

Then she realized her mistake. She heaved a deep sigh. "I was working at a restaurant and I was emptying the trash outside when a drunk from the restaurant...he....he" she trailed off.

"He what Yoona?" he swallowed. He had to hear it even if he didn't want to, he didn't-

"He tried to. Some ice cream cart strolled by even at the dead of night and he saved me...Taemin did..."

"I'm s-sorry... I didn't know"

"Tonight, all my nightmares flashed again right in front of my eyes...And it was scary, it was" her voice cracked."But i can handle it" she looked up at him.

"Kinda" they both said in unison. A single tear rolled down her cheeks.

She took a deep breath wiping her tears away. "I mean do I look like an easy target? Why do people think they can take advantage of me?"

"Not because you look weak. But because you're too pretty for people to handle" he said bluntly, getting up to turn on the TV.

For the first time that night she had a good laugh, as he smirked, knowing that she didn't believe him when he really did mean it. "You handled it" she joked.

"Barely" he muttered to himself as he reached for the remote.

"What?"

"Nothing" he dismissed the topic. "Get up" he called to her.

She was reluctant when she stepped off the couch but then she saw him taking out the cushions and pulling out whatever was folded in there.

Her eyes widened in astonishment.

"It's a sofa-bed Yoona, not a space shuttle" he said while throwing on a blanket and pillows.

"What for?"

"We're going to watch a movie"

"o-okay"

-----

It was a romantic comedy. The ones that are hilarious in the beginning but soon takes a turn and becomes quite serious.

They were laughing like idiots, rolling around and all, almost like the day she was drunk. Good thing as well because they got more comfortable, but then it became all romantic and serious.

"This guys reminds me of you" she pointed to the screen"

"Why?" he turned the volume down to hear her.

"He gets angry easily"

He raised an eyebrow. "I do not get angry easily."

She laughed. "Oh boy, you have no idea" she paused and then to her side, looking at him in curiosity."Why were you so angry earlier? I have never seen someone so furious that...it scared me. I didn't think it was you"

He frowned, taking a minute to think before turning on his side as well to face her. He noticed the way they were closer together than when the movie started.

"Anyone would be angry in that kind of situation Yoona ah"

"Seunghyun, You wanted to kill. Taemin wasn't half as angry as you"

"Well Taemin didn't run down 20 flights of stairs. I think it was some kind of adrenaline rush" 

"Why would you run down 20 flights of stairs?"

"Because i heard you screaming"

"You were with Hara shi though...What are you now? Some kind of hero that hears when people are in danger?"

"Something like that" he smirked.

"Some scary hero you are"

"Was i really that bad?"

"You don't know?"

"No. I was too overwhelmed"

"With the adrenaline rush? The last time i remember running down 20 flights of stairs, it wasn't very pumping but very tiring. I just don't get how that makes you angrier"

"What pumped through me was the thought that you were being hurt!"

"....you were angry because of me?"

"It was because of him ! Touching you like that"

"So it was because of him?"

"It was because of you god dammit!"

She was stunned, her eyes widening for a second before she recovered.

"You're getting too close for comfort" she whispered.

That wasn't what he wanted to hear. "Sorry..I didn't mean to" he sighed, shifting himself further away from her.

"Not like that"

He frowned. "I don't understand"

"Can you promise me something?"

"Promise you what?"

"Promise me that you won't fall in love with me." her words were firm. "because that if the only thing I won't be able to handle."

"Don't do that. Don't push me away Yoona"

"That's what I've been doing all my life Seunghyun ! Pushing people away. You're not supposed to get this close to me.. and i'm not supposed to let you" her eyes became watery.

"Then I'll repeat what I said again" he moved his face slowly, closer to hers. "Sorry, I didn't mean to"

"Please" she begged.

His finger found its way under her chin so that she would look at him. "I-" can't

His lips found its way to her lips, locking together so gently. He didn't do gentle kisses, he always figured them to be a little too sincere than what he had intended for them to be, and as he felt her delicate lips in the clumsy kiss, he could see he had been right.

He pulled away, slowly opening his eyes to see her wide ones. Despite only merely pressing his lips against hers, the awkwardness, and the confusion that settled between their lips, it was the first kiss to leave him feeling rather light headed. He felt her chest rise and fall, noticing that he wasn't the only one affected by the kiss, she was breathless. Such a heady combination for such a chaste kiss.

He could see it. The doubt in her eyes, questioning his every action, no, questioning her every action. She blinked a few times, her eyebrows lined with worry, and that's when he knew he needed to feel it again. He needed to feel that one moment when everything he had worried about, angered about, subsided when they kissed. He needed her to feel that.

He leaned in again gradually, closing his eyes at the last second to see the doubt in her eyes vanishing when her eyelids closed.

His lips touched hers again, savoring the innocence of it all before he slowly parted his lips to take her lip between him. He was going to show her, he was going to show her how to truly be kissed. He led her and she followed his perfect rhythm, still slow and soft, taking her lips between his and his lips between hers. He pulled her closer by pressing on her back, while he felt her leaving feather light touches on his face with her hand before it lay there.

There was something to the way he kissed her that left her in a swirl of emotions, and before she knew it, her lips parted slightly wider, and he took chance of it. He hesitantly slipped his tongue into where he felt her breath hitch.

Her eyes flung open in surprise and fear as it brought her back to what happened earlier, but when she saw his face, and felt his hands secured around her body, their legs tangled together, and the bitterness that wasn't there, she felt safe. She let herself be swept away by his kiss, and when she responded, she felt his smile on her lips that willed her to smile as well, teeth to teeth before he pecked her lips lightly again.

Unanswered questions and unsaid words would be left for another day, because tonight, they were lost in in true sincerity.

-----

"These kids" she laughed heartily. "I leave them alone for a few days, and they're already sleeping togeether" she shook her head, smiling, fully aware that they really just slept.

This halmi is getting too old if she can see the day her grandson changes into a man.

"I knew you two would fall in love" 

---------

Hey everyone ! long long looong time no see ! lol but i knew i had to update this for all you patient readers and subscribers ! and yess, they kissed !!! it might be a little too soon for they had just briefly touched on their feelings for each other, but i felt that it was the perfect time ! Will this kiss change anything for these two? you'll have to wait until the upcoming chapters ! The ending was about halmeoni's thoughts on the two, if you didn't get that. I'm not sure if i have to mark this chapter as rated or anything... i didn't put anything too graphic though so i think it will be okay. Tell me if i do though ! :D This is for you guys ! thaank you for your support ! i will TRY to update more frequently and all that, but no promises !