The Person on the Side.

My Boss and his Assistant

She peaked her head through the door, searching the house. After kicking off his shoes and throwing his keys into a bowl on the kitchen counter, he spun around and chuckled knowing her exact intentions. "My mom's not home, she's out at dinner for some meeting"

She let out an audible sigh before hopping inside the house. Being in the happy and giddy mood she was in, she pleaded the maids to let her cook dinner. Since it was not the first time she had done this, they didn't argue too much before heading off to their room to grab their things and retire home for the day.

"You wanted to cook for me didn't you?"

"Babo. I'm cooking for us, or else I would starve" she eyed him as he turned off the tap after washing his hands. What started out to be denial, turned into bewilderment. "What are you doing?"

He had rolled up the sleeves to his shirt and walked to her side where he helped chop the vegetables.

"I'm going to show you another side to me"

"You're going to hurt yourself-"

Her sentence was cut off as she gaped at his almost- although a little clumsy- professional-like knife skills as he diced and sliced a vegetable.

"Wait...wh-no how-"

Before she could say anything more, he had stuffed a fine piece of carrot into . She scrunched her face at him as she chewed on it before letting him stay by her side to help. The downside to it all however, was that she was now distracted and flustered having him by her side watching her every move. As well, he was so close to her, reaching over her shoulder once in awhile to grab the ingredients. Every minute or so, like magnets, their heads would both turn to meet each other's eyes at the same time. Despite the many times she had doubted her feelings for him, it all erased when she felt the fluttering butterflies in her stomach when his eyes bore into hers.

"Ah"

And this was exactly why she couldn't be distracted.

He dropped whatever he was doing as he saw the blood rushing from the cut on her finger. He wiped his hands off on the towel that was draped on his shoulder before doing the first thing that came to his mind at that moment.....

Taking her finer and putting it into his mouth.

"Seunghyun!" was the only words that she managed to conjure from his unexpected and intimate act.

"What?" he asked innocently, although a smirk was plastered on his face.

It was a weird sensation when she felt his tongue swirl against her finger when he spoke, her face switching from a light pink from being in the heat of the kitchen to a dark rose.

"Seriously Seunghyun, why couldn't you just get a band-aid like a normal person" she pulled her hand away holding her head down low to try to hide it.

"I've done that too many times, thought I'd try something new" he smiled. Suddenly his phone had rung as he excused himself to take the call, finally releasing her finger that he held in his hands after she pulled it from is mouth.

She pouted, looking at her finger. Before she could asking him anything, when he had returned, she felt him hold her waist as she was slowly pushed to the table and forced to sit don. "I'll finish up the rest of the cooking, just sit"

"But-"

"Nope" he silenced her as he walked back to the kitchen, leaving her there with no other choice. She got extremely bored so instead of sitting at the table, she propped herself onto the counter of the kitchen to watch him cook. He laughed as he glanced at her swinging legs before continuing to shuffle around the kitchen, trying his best to keep up with everything all by himself. She would occasionally pick on him from time to time but she would usually stay quiet and watch him in awe. Suddenly he shut off the stove and approached her.

"Do I get a kiss for this?"

She laughed in his face before pushing him away to hop off the counter. "Get away from me you sick animal!"

He laughed, raising his eyebrows as his sight trailed after her who had sat down at the table. "Animal?" He walked away to grab the plates of food.

"Yes, you're an animal for skinship" she stated matter-of-factly.

He neatly placed the variety of meat and vegetables on the table before taking his seat. "It's called intimacy"

"It's excessive"

He smirked, trailing his finger down her arms and then ending it by swirling his finger on her hand that she had placed on the table. "You don't like it?"

She jerked her hands away from his tickling fingers. "No"

"No?"

"...It's not that i don't like it" she blushed. "It's just, I bet you can't go a few days without skinship"

He sliced his meat without taking his eyes away from her, laughing inwardly before plopping it into his mouth. "Eat" he gestured to her untouched plate.

She looked up, almost forgetting about the food. Se skeptically poked at her food before finally placing it into . She chewed slowly, trying to stop the smile creeping onto her lips. She didn't want to give him the satisfaction of knowing she didn't mind his skinship and that she liked his cooking as well. She failed miserably though as she quickly cut another slice of meat and eating it, letting a contented sigh escape her lips.

He chuckled as she rolled her eyes at him, not caring anymore because heaven was in .

"And the bet is on if you hadn't guessed" he smirked once again.

Her eyes widened. "No skinship whatsoever?"

"Why? Can't handle it?"

She laughed. "Worry about yourself. What are the stakes?"

"Whatever the winner wants it to be" he said simply.

"Sounds good" she stuck out her hand to seal the deal.

"We'll see who the animal is" he moved to take her hand. Just as he was inches away from it, he caught the small smirk tug at her features, quickly retracting his hand. "Oh, you're good"

"This will be easy" she commented.

"Yeah. Especially since we're not even officially together"

She heard him provoke her in his tone, narrowing her eyes at him. "Exactly" she mocked him.

He laughed, shaking his head. "We'll see about that"

After finalizing their bet, they sat in silence for awhile as the clinking of knives and forks took over. After a moment however, he cleared his throat timidly. "Hey Yoona"

"Hm?"

"I'm setting off to Jeju tonight"

She froze for a moment before finally putting her knife and fork down as she took a sip from her glass of water. Her expression was unreadable. "For how long?"

"Two days, one night"

He saw her nod slowly. 

"It's a last minute business trip. My mother was the person who called earlier telling me that grandma and her have already jet off, they are waiting for my arrival later. Yuri's family also has to go for we are negotiating something, I don't know"

"No, yah, i-it's fine" her tone not convincing him of her words. "I mean you have to go"

"Will you be okay?"

She gave him a pointed look like it was the most obvious thing. "I've lived alone all my life Seunghyun. Besides, I'll finally get this gorgeous house to myself and I won't have to worry about locking my bedroom door in fear that you will barge in" she joked, trying to ease the atmosphere.

It worked for he had smiled, but that was it. They sat there for awhile longer, just looking at each other like they were trying to memorize each other's features before he went away.

She finally spoke up. "Come on, I'll help you pack"

With that, they set off to his bedroom. Really thinking about it, she never paid attention to the close details the last time she was in his room because she was focused on his tie. She was not surprised that it was almost empty. Other than the bed, the dresser, and all the necessities a room should have, there were no photographs or any other decorations that adorned the room.

That was something they had in common.

She never had anything special to decorate her room with, nothing to make her own. She had moved into countless rooms as a foster child and even after that when she had to find a place to stay. She never needed photo frames for she never had any memories she wanted to display, no stuffed animals, no posters, nothing. A person's room can tell wonders about that certain person, walking into his, she couldn't help wonder if he was the same as her even if he had a family and everything he's ever wanted. She wondered if he feels empty as well.

"Aren't you going to help me pack?" his voice resounded through her thoughts, snapping her out of her reverie.

She walked over to him, peering into the suitcase he had already started throwing things into. Her eyes widened. "You already have so many things, why do you still need my help?"

"This?" he pointed to the suitcase. "This is only for the morning of day one. There's still the afternoon and evening, and then on to day two where I'll need a whole other set of clothes." he explained, noting the way her jaw dropped further.

She narrowed her eyes at him before pointing her finger accusingly at him. "You're not lying to me and going on a whole bunch of dates are you?"

He smirked, "Even if I was, you'd never know"

"Suit yourself, I'll just have some fun myself over here" she turned away from him. She heard him chuckle behind her.

"I wouldn't date anyone unless their name was Im Yoona"

"There could be other people names Im Yoona you know. It's not particularly a unique name of anything" she absent mindedly folded clothes into his suitcase.

"That was me trying to be cheesy and all you got from that was the name part?"

"Yeah, you were right when you said you can't be cheesy" she poked fun at him.

"Just-" he was defeated. "Just sit on the suitcase"

The room was filled with his laughs and her giggles as he tried to zip up his overflowing suitcase as she sat on it. It was obviously not going so well as she tried all sorts of different positions thinking that she would better press it down one way or another. They finally reached a consensus to switch spots, so now he was the one sitting on his suitcase. She could barely stand without collapsing as she laughed so hard. However their swapped had worked and the melodious swipe of the zipper was heard. 

"I wonder how you're doing to do this by yourself"

"I'll just get another suitcase"

"Why didn't we do that before?"

"This was better" he laughed as he finally got down from the suitcase, following her downstairs. Her smile dropped at she finally realized that he had to go as they stood by the front door.

He stood there, his hands awkwardly by his side. He should have thought of how the farewell would go before he agreed on the bet. "I guess I'll go now"

She tried to crack a smile. "I'll see you in two days" she played with her fingers, not knowing what else to do. 

He took a step towards her as she did too, and then she moved back, they moved tensely here and there, trying to figure out what the other was trying to do. However they both remembered their bets and neither of them were going to back down, no matter how much his arms itched to reach out to her and pull her in for a tight embrace and how much her fingers twitched to feel his skin again.

In the end, she raised her hands in a clumsy wave. "Bye"

He scratched his head, finally smiling at how absurdly stubborn they both were. "I'll see you soon" he waved as well as he stepped outside to the car. Her eyes never left him until he drove away with one last wave.

She couldn't understand the wave of emptiness that flooded her when he had left. She had spent all her life alone with nobody by her side but now he was gone for 2 days and she already couldn't wait for him to come back so that she isn't all by herself.

She spent the rest of the night cleaning up the kitchen and the rest of the house before she retired to bed.

------------------

Waking up with a jolt, she laid her hand on her chest as an attempt to calm it as it pounded wildly in her chest. Her forehead was covered in perspiration as she panted, leaning against the headboards clutching the blankets close to her. No, she hasn't told anyone about her re-occuring nightmares since the pat incident fro she didn't feel the need for them to worry, she's caused enough of that. Instead, she let herself wake up every night as images of being pinned against the cold walls of dark alleys and men that reeked of alcohol tearing her apart creep their way into her peaceful sleep. She would always reassure herself with the knowledge that Seunghyun was a few meters away in his room and that halmeoni was downstairs in the main room. She would take a few deep breaths and then slip back into slumber, however, she couldn't do that tonight. Not when she knew the house was empty and that she was the only one home. She cursed herself for being in such a good mood earlier that she even dismissed the maids to go and spend time with their families.

Her hands fumbled their way to her bedside lamp before switching it on to provide her with some light. She told herself over and over again that it was just a dream and that they would stop in about a week or so until her eyes landed on her cellphone.

His eyes opened groggily at the sound of his ringtone sounding lightly through the room as he quickly picked it up.

"Hello?" came his sleep-caused husky voice.

"Ji-Jiyong"

"Yoona?" he sat up at the familiar voice.

"I'm so sorry to call at this hour... but i didn't know who else to call"

"No don't be sorry. Is something wrong?"

He heard her breathing on the other line which sent alarms in his head.

"It's nothing. I just needed to hear someone's voice. I'll just let you get back to sleep-"

"Stop! You're starting to worry me Yoon... hold on one second"

She heard the shuffling of blankets on the other line in which she assumed that he was getting up to hear her better or to wake himself up which she was immensely grateful but apologetic for.

He dragged his feet quickly across the hall as he reached another room and swung it's door open.

"AHHH!!!" the moment he stepped in he was met with her shrill shriek as well as the image of her puling the blankets closer to her like they would protect her.

"Yoona, it's me" he was fast to reassure her when he spoke.

She heard his voice on that phone that as still clutched to her ear. "O-oppa?"

Hearing her voice again over the line made him pull the phone away from his ear as he chuckled in realizing they were still talking on the phone when he was a few feet away.

"You scared the living ghost out of me!" What...how did you...Huh?" was all she could manage to pull her thoughts together.

He smiled as he made his way to the chair in her bedroom that faced her bed. "Seunghyun called me earlier telling me about his abrupt trip. He also told me he didn't want you alone in this house and if it was possible, he wanted me to drop by and stay over for a night or so to check up on you"

She felt her heart swell with joy when she heard his words.

"It was perfect timing and everything too because my mother is staying in the hospital for a night and I didn't want to stay home alone either so I came here and realized it was late so I didn't want to bother you. Then you called, so here I am" he finished his explanation.

"So that was why I swore I heard faint ringing. I'm so glad you're here!" 

He was just happy to see the look of relief wash over her. "So, what was wrong?"

"...I had that nightmare again and then i woke up and realized no one was here" her voice was quiet.

"Wait, what nightmare?"

She played with her fingers hesitantly. He has shared with her his problems and opened up so much to her that she was comfortable enough to share. She lifted the blanket up, inviting him to sit at the edge of her bed and listen. She was still leaning against the headboards as she shared everything with him.

He listened intently, never once judging her and when she was done, he comforted her with a soft hug before she clambered back under the covers to lay down. She talked to him about his mother and asked him how she's been since the day she's seen him for awhile more before she drifted back to sleep.

He had a topic that he wanted to ask but he decided to save that for tomorrow. He will bask in the knowledge of not knowing for now as a smile lit his face as he pulled the blanket over her and sweep a fly away hair from her face before he turned off the lamp and went back to the empty guest room he was in.

------------------

She woke up in a wonderful mood that she immediately headed to the kitchen after getting ready. She smiled proudly at the breakfast she cooked as she placed it onto the table and then headed to the guest room. She peeked her head in to see that he was sprawled out on his stomach over the huge bed. She snickered before she walked up to him and shook him. He did not move.

He reminded her of herself. She climbed onto the bed and without any hesitation, started jumping up and down yelling "oppa, oppa, oppa! Wake up!" in sync with each of her jumps. He groaned before flopping onto his back as he slowly opened his eyes to see her excitement.

"I'm up" he stretched his limbs before sitting up in which he was met by her one last jump, and then her fall onto her to sit next to him as she pushed him off the bed.

"Hurry! My breakfast is getting cold!"

He laughed as he stumbled to the bathroom, how he envied Seunghyun to be able to wake up to an energy pill everyday because he sure could use more mornings like these.

This was the first time he had tried her cooking and he had to admit it was splendid although it was nothing fancy.

"Hey, want to do something with me today?" he asked her after awhile.

"Today?" she repeated, still full as she paused to swallow. "That would be great! I don't have anything to do since Seunghyun's not here. What are we doing?"

"We are going to go around town" 

------------------

She excitedly jumped up on the sidewalk after having just stepped out of the car. Excitement filled her as she saw people walking up and down the streets, the many stores that were aligned side by side around the open area that was filled with the daylight sun, and last but not least, the person standing next to her. She flashed him her famous smile before they both strut their way through the crowd. Not being like other girls, she for one enjoyed window shopping and seeing what stores had to offer without actually buying anything. She enjoyed it even more thanks to the perfect street strolling weather as well as her companion for the day. She loved that they could talk about anything, even about the most random things like peanut butter and keychains. They would stop and admire stores or stop to take pictures on their phones.

He couldn't help but grin dumbly to himself when she instinctively grabbed onto his arm so that they wouldn't be separated. This only brought them closer as time passed by and a million laughs were traded almost every time the other opened their mouth to say something. 

"What did we eat today? Why is everything so funny?" she exclaimed,wiping the mirth from her eyes.

"Blame me. I'm just too charming and funny" he winked playfully at her, earning him a shove, separating them for the first time. 

"I hate to admit it, but spending time with you is the best! You make me feel so comfortable"

"Well don't get too comfortable or I may sweep you off your feet"

She scoffed, "Maybe i should stop talking, making you seem all high and mighty"

"Just in time, because we're here" he rushed in front of her, opening the door to some store.

Before she could peek at the sign of the store, she had already stepped in, only to be hit by the delicious aromas of baked goods. Smells ranging from breads, to fruit cakes, coconut macaroons, cookies and muffins. Her eyes lit up at the sight of displays of the desserts and began to water.

"Welcome to my favorite bakery" he smiled, satisfied with her reaction.

"Do we get to eat?" she asked innocently, still amazed that such a beautiful place existed. The shop felt much like warm home, with occasional colorful pops to liven it up.

He pulled out her seat for her at a table for two as she sat down. "No Yoona, I just brought you here to torture you"

She rolled her eyes at his sarcasm, however she was screaming with excitement inside knowing that they will be able to try some of the desserts. She did not realize that he hadn't taken a seat in front of her. A moment later, she felt a soft silk handkerchief wrap around her eyes, blindfolding her.

"Oppa? What are you doing?" she asked in confusion.

"The only way you could truly appreciate food is if you solely rely on it's taste. Nothing else, and so today, that's what i want you to do"

"Alright, I'll give it a try" she agreed happily causing him to chuckle. 

She could hear his distant voice as he ordered a few things at the counter before she heard his footsteps approach their table where plates clinked down in front of her. 

"Ready?" 

She nodded vigorously,

"Ahhhh" he cooed as she instinctively opened for him to gently feed her.

"Mmmm" was the moan that escaped her lips. "That is so delicious"

"I know" he smiled as he stared at her, spooning himself a piece of the cake.

"The cake just melts in your mouth! And the icing, oh my goodness the icing was heavenly. What was it?"

He chuckled in amusement, agreeing to everything she had said. "That was red velvet cake. Here try this one" he picked at a different piece of dessert he had ordered. 

"Oh wow" she leaned back in frustration of how good it was. "Mmmm" she her lips, signaling for more. He kept doing that until she had tried most of his favorites, even the cookies and macaroons. Finally he let her take off her blindfold. As she did, she stared at him in appreciation.

"Thank you for that. I think everything tasted much better when I couldn't see anything."

"Your very welcome. I've always wanted to come here with someone but I've never had someone to take, so really the pleasure is all mine"

Her eyes crinkled into half moon shapes as she smiled brightly at him. "You know what would be great right now?"

His eyes widened, hoping she would say what he had in mind. "Ice cream?" he asked.

She cocked her head to the side, "How did you know?!"

His jaw dropped. "Every time I come here,  I always go for ice cream after. It's strange having someone who has the same tastes as me!" he shared his awe.

"Well, let's go!" and with that she grabbed his arm as they rushed to find the ice cream shop.

They had switched roles as she gripped the small test tasting spoon, virtually feeding him all the flavors until they agreed on the ones they wanted. He wanted his in a bowl while she ordered the waffle cone, finally walking out the store satisfied. 

As they walked, a sneaky smile crept up onto her lips. She turned to him, her face all scrunched in distaste. "Try this", she held out her hand, offering her cone to him. He furrowed his brows, worried that she didn't like her ice cream anymore as he leaned in to try it out himself, only to have her lightly shove it into his face, leaving it all around his mouth and chin.

She immediately took off, running for her dear life as he heard her come after her. She knew she would not outrun him as her legs slowed, laughing loudly as she tried dodging his attacks with his own ice cream. He shook his head at her as they finally settled down and both forfeited. 

"I'm good, i got it everywhere on you!" she couldn't help but giggle as she examined her masterpiece. 

He groaned as he used his hands to tried to clean every part of his face. 

"Here" 

He froze as she reached towards him. wiping some off of his chin.

"Kam-kamsamida" 

The moment she heard him stutter, she realized what she had done and immediately withdrew her hand. "A-All gone!" she tried to ease the awkward atmosphere, as they both turned away from each other, trying to focus on anything else.

That's when they both spotted a crowd huddled together. Without further thought, they walked together to see what the scene was about. As they got closer they could make out a loud voice booming through the crowd, realizing that it was a man announcing the event that was taking place in the area. 

She scrutinized at the sign that was placed by the man, seeing the various prizes they offered. When he glanced over to her, he could see that she was intrigued.

He immediately pulled her hand towards the center where he saw other guests already lined up, waiting for the last couple to join.

"Ah! Here are our last contestants!" the man announced cheerfully as he immediately walked up to them.

Yoona's eyes widened in shock. She opened to protest only to be interrupted by Jiyong's grip that tightened around her hand. She turned to him frowning. Finally he leaned closer and whispered only so that she would hear. "I know you want one of the prizes" 

She turned to the announcer with a polite smile, thankful that he was patiently waiting.

"I was just looking" she whispered back.

He smiled genuinely at her before speaking to the announcer. "We're doing this!"

"Give them a hand folks!" he bellowed cheerfully. "But before then, because this game is strictly for couples, and that there are many others that want this opportunity, I have to verify"

They nodded carefully, having no idea how they will answer a question that has to do with their relationship which didn't exist.

"How long have you guys been together? On the count of three...1"

They quickly glanced at each other, trying to read whatever was in each other's minds, nervous for there were so many possibilities.

"2....3...."

"2 years" they both answered at the same time. 

Upon hearing the exact numbers, they quickly turned to each other, exchanging broad smiles. 

"Take your spots then you lovely couple!" 

"That was unbelievable" she sighed in relief as they stood side by side, waiting for the man to announce the event and the rules.

"Yeah..." he forced to smile. He tried not to over-think what had happened between them but he simply couldn't help it. There was no doubt that something had happened there, that they had spoke to each other through the language or their eyes. It was unspoken and only they could have understood each other, and he briefly wondered if she felt as special as he did at that moment before the enthusiastic voice of the speaker broke through his thoughts.

"This is a game of endurance. You will be carrying your partner in your arms, and every minute or so, a bag of 2kg will be added onto your partner's weight. Whoever can withstand the longest, will win the grand prize. Are we all ready?" he shouted to the crowd who swarmed to watch as they replied with a unified "Neh!"

"How about out contestants?" 

"Yes~" they all said.

"Get into positions... now lift!" 

At once, all the girls were swept off their feet as they relaxed in their partner's arms. Yoona buried her head into the crook of his neck to stop herself from laughing at the position they were in for she was scared her movement while laughing will cause him to let go. 

"This might take awhile" he chuckled as he glanced at all the other groups and seeing how stable they were. 

--------

He groaned as he lightly tossed her in the air to get a better hold on her who seemed to be slipping as the nth bag was added. As the game had progressed, many had given up and let go of their partners, leaving her and Jiyong, along with another couple who was striving just as hard. The only factor that had made it easier for them was that they were much more comfortable than when they had first started. He connected his hands so that she was neatly folded in half in his arms as she snuggled him close with her hands around his neck. 

"I'm so sorry" she pouted as she dabbed at the sweat forming on his face with her sleeve.

"You've-" he struggled to say as he bounced her up again. "Said...that al-ready" 

"I think you should just let me down. I don't need the Korean meats that badly"

"I'm not going to let you down-" he said in strangled breaths. "There must be a reason why you want it. I will get it for-" Before he could even finish his sentence, he heard sand bags dropping next to him. His eyes widened, looking at her before even looking next to him, seeing her eyes twinkle in excitement as a wide grin formulated on her face. 

"We have our winner!!!" the mc announced, his hand flying in the air in their direction.

She immediately hopped down, her arms swinging around him to draw him into an unexpected, but tight hug, jumping up and down in elatedness. Although he was surprised, he thoroughly enjoyed the hug as he wrapped one arm around her as the other reached out to grab the box of meats that was handed to him. 

They bowed repeatedly to the people who were cheering and clapping for them as they tried to make their way out the surrounded area, walking until they finally reached a fountain that she had suggested he sit down by to cool down.

"Thank you so much. The second I saw the prize, I immediately thought about my orphanage, and how happy they would be to have some"

"I knew it would be for something selfless like that, so I did my best. We will drop it off on our way home"

She nodded happily, finally stopping her gesticulation over their win and took a seat next to him. 

After a moment of comfortable silence, he spoke up. "There's something I've been meaning to ask you?"

Her head turned to him, waiting for him to continue. 

"What's going on between you and hyung?"

"Hyung?" she blinked, not knowing who he meant.

"Seunghyun" he answered after seeing her confusion.

Her lips formed an "o" as she stared blankly at the fountain behind her, trying to find the answer for herself. 

"We are nothing"

"WIth the way he was so worried that he had to call me to look after you, I know it's nothing."

"We're nothing, all because of me" she mumbled her thoughts

He waited patiently for her to continue.

"He asked me to be his girlfriend, but all I did was cause more confusion between us when I could have easily just given him an answer"

"But you don't know that answer do you?"

She shook her head at him.

"In my opinion, i think that you know the answer deep down" As much as it pained him to push her into Seunghyun's arms himself, he would do whatever it took to make the people he cared for most happy. 

"I'm just not sure who he really is. The one I met is just too different from the one I see now, what if it's all fake?" she asked seriously, he could finally see the clear doubt in her eyes.

"You know, for years I have been trying to mold Seunghyun into the person i know him to be, the person he use to be. Obviously I had failed. I've failed so many times that I had told myself that whoever is able to bring out that person in him, would truly be special. You coming in to our live...I think you're that person. I think you have him mixed up. The one you met isn't the real Seunghyun, knowing him for so long, I know how rare it is to see him be himself. But it's so natural for him when he's around you."

"I'm scared" she began tearing up

"He'll be there to protect you"

"What if he's the one that hurts me?" 

"Then I will be there to kick his " he said proudly, earning a laugh from her.

"Alright, I'll give it more consideration. Thank you oppa, i don't know what I'd do without you"

He smiled "Should we go now?" 

"Yes! My feet are sore from walking so much!" and with that, she set off to the direction of his parked car. He stared after her with a pained expression, but as soon as she turned around, he strained a smiled before getting up and following her"

-------

The heavy mood never dissipated even as he turned into the driveway of her house. She quietly got out as he rolled the windows down to speak to her. "I'm sorry I can't be with you tonight, are you sure you'll be okay?"

She tried forcing a smile, "Don't worry about me oppa. You're mom is getting discharged today, you need to take her home. I'll be fine" 

"If you need anything, please don't hesitate to call me alright?"

She nodded. "I'm Him Yoona! Go, you're already late" 

He sighed, having no choice. "Remember if you need-"

"Go oppa!" she giggled, waving goodbye to him as she headed inside, giving him no time to say anything more. 

As soon as her feet took her to her room, she sunk onto her bed, burying her face in the sheets, finally letting the tears rush down her face.

 

 

 

Yaaay! I'm so glad I got to squeeze Gyoon into this chapter, even if it made it a little long, a treat for all my readers! I'm such a bad author :( so sorry for the long wait! Hope this makes up for it! This chapter is pretty straight forward. The ending might've confused you guys, but you'll find out why next chapter, which hopefully I'll finish sooner than this one! Anyways, thank you all for sticking around! 'Til next time, have a great day!