Fateful Night

My Boss and his Assistant

"Ajumma please ! you can't do this... please ! " Yoona dropped down to her knees while her sobs were getting louder and tears were now free falling from her eyes.

"Yoona ah, please don't be like this. You know i have no choice. I have already warned you ahead of time giving you a month to find a home and a job else where !" She slowly helped Yoona up and motioned her to the door.

"I have to sell this restaurant, its not making any profit.. and that means you cannot work here and that you can no longer stay in the storage room, i hope you understand sweetheart, you are such a young girl, you need to be living a better life out there! Ajumma is wishing you the best of luck ! good bye." With that she closed the door to the restaurant leaving Yoona in a dazed state, Partially because she had no idea what to do and but also because of her tears that blurred her vision. She slumped down onto the ground with her back leaning on the door like she had no more will power to do anything. Yah Im Yoona, your being stupid, if you don't get up now you won't be able to find a place to stay! Now go find the determined Yoona and bring her back! With telling herself that she shot up from where she was sitting and headed down the road.

She wandered around for a long time dragging along her one and only suitcase, having doors shut in her face continuously because no one is going to help someone with no money.

This is what the real world is like Im Yoona! Keep your head held high, fighting ! She said to herself, and then knocked on the next door she could find of a cheap home for rent or motel or anything she could find that might be inexpensive.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE AT THIS TIME ?!.... your disturbing my guests, if you have no money don't beg me to let you in, do you really have no pride? I don't have time for people like you!!" *SLAM*

Yoona looked at her watch, it was around 10:00 PM, this was probably the 7th place she visited but all the answers were the same. What is a girl like me going to do with pride? Might as well give it up so i can find a place to stay. She heaved out a sigh while trying to get down the staircase. Her arms were sore from lifting her suitcase up all those staircases, her legs were sore from wandering, was sore from begging, her eyes were sore from crying

Great, now my back is going to be sore too from sleeping on a bench or on the ground tonight. Bright side is its not too cold outside. She took in a breath of fresh air while the light breeze swept her hair off her shoulders.

 She took out her phone realizing that she her best friend had text her several times.

 


To: Yoongie

From: Yul-baby

YAH IM YOONA !! are you too good to be replying to my texts?! i haven't spoken to you all day, did something happen? You know you can talk to me about anything right? I will send out a search party if you don't reply !!

 


 

This was the first time Yoona smiled tonight. She suddenly didn't feel so alone anymore, thank goodness for this one best friend that she has. She immediately replied making sure that she didn't burden her friend. 

 

 

To: Yul-baby

From: Yoongie

mianhe Yul ! i was just busy working and everything that i didn't have time to reply to your messages. Don't be so worried about me Yul ! do you spend your whole day thinking about me or what ;) kekeke get some sleep okaay?


To: Yoongie

From: Yul-baby

araso araso, you have to rest too okaay ? good night ~ 

 

With that, she stuffed her phone into the side pocket of her jeans and pulled out some extra change to go buy some ramen at the near by convenient store. As she was walking she felt a little frightened as she was surrounded by darkness and emptiness. When a breeze would sweep by she would feel chills up her spine. Like in the movies, she felt as if she had to turn around to see if anyone was following her. She swung her head back dramatically... the coast was clear. She giggled to herself aish, I've seen too many movies I'm just being silly to be re -enacting the scenes. Suddenly she heard a voice, but immediately shook it off because she thought she was hallucinating.

But there it was again...

"Bad men! Someone help me!"

she was getting closer to the scene since she could hear more clearly what was going on. She turned the corner she was on and saw a few men trying to steal something from the old lady ! What kind of men steals from an old lady!!! she thought to herself as she shook her head fastening her pace to help her get over there faster. She was taken back when she saw the old lady hitting the men with her purse, she smiled, this old lady is a fierce one isn't she?

"Yah ! Leave her alone ! You don't want me calling the police do you?." she approached from behind them trying to act calm, she can't show them her weak side at this moment.

The men started to laugh, the bigger of the 3 started to walk towards her with a dirty smirk on his face. Oh how much she wanted to slap it off of him.

"ha, what if we won't let you call them ? But maybe she's right boys, leave the old hag alone... lets play with this beauty instead, she seems a lot more fun. Such a small frame you have there babe, i would hate to hurt you"

She surprised the men when a coy smile appeared on her face and a small chuckle was let out.

"Is something funny?" asked the man as he grew impatient and a little mad, he motioned his sidekicks to come closer, he smirked again while running his fingers down her face.

"Please step back a bit halmoni, i don't want you to get hurt " She let out a very warm smile as she looked at the old lady who watched this girl in awe, she has never seen anything like her. That smile disappeared when she looked back at the man who had no right to touch her.

Everything after that happened so fast, it was like a blur. She grabbed the hand the man had on her face and flipped him making him groan in pain when his back hit the cement. The other two came after her for hurting their "boss".  She dodged every swing, every kick at her and gave one of the men a roundhouse kick that should've landed on his face but instead he caught her leg and twisted it so that her body would spin in the same direction, causing her to fall onto the ground. She stood up immediately hopping slightly shaking off the pain. She gave the man a high front snap kick... the most powerful kick in karate, it strikes the man's face...He is definitely out.. woops... she thought to herself.The third man already experienced a punch to his face from her but wasn't completely knocked out and she saw the first man starting to recover again. Yoona was getting irritated so she decided to finish both them off, leaping into the air she spun into a flying high kick, knocking both of them out. She stood there blowing away a piece of hair that has fallen in front of her face and dusted her hands off.

"Hello, uh yess i would like to report a few men harassing an old lady" She gave the police the address of where she was and immediately went over to the old lady's side who was amazed by this young beauty. The police soon arrived and she smiled as she saw the men being shoved into the back of the police car. It's times like these that she is truly grateful to have taken up karate, not just because she found it intriguing, she also found it relaxing, it was the only way she let her stress and her anger out.

"Halmoni gwenchana? you should've just handed over whatever they were trying to steal ! you could've been hurt if there was no one here!" she pouted as she intently looked over the old lady to make sure she wasn't bleeding or bruised anywhere.

She didn't hear a response so she looked up to see Halmoni smiling at her. This girl is definitely someone very special she thought to herself.

"ah, how silly of me ! My name is Yoona... Im Yoona" she said cheerfully as she fixed her posture and bowed at 90 degrees. "I'm--

grrrrrrr...

"hungry?" the old lady asked and laughed as Yoona became embarrassed.

"a-a-anyo!"

"then i guess i won't treat you to yummy food, I'll just enjoy by myself... " she turned to walk away

"okaay ! maybe I'm a little hungry..." halmoni turned around laughing and Yoona joined in too, laughing whole heartedly with wide open. This made halmoni like her even more, shes not pretentious, everything about her is genuine.

"aigoo, let's go" she hooked her arm around Yoona's and started walking toward a car that has pulled up waiting for them..."Ah!"

"Yoona ? are you hurt ?"

"I think its my ankle, I'll just get it checked out tomorrow, you don't need to worry halmoni" she gave an assuring smile, but the old lady wasn't convinced. "Here come to my house, we'll get it checked it out there. We can also eat there, not buts, lets move it"


Yoona stood in front of the beautifully lighted mansion, her doe eyes as wide as oranges. She looked around, a fountain in the middle of the drive way that parted into two around it, a well trimmed garden, trees were everywhere. She saw halmoni walk towards the door and motioned her to follow. She swallowed then slowly walked through the double doors.

She sat at the table across from halmoni who watched as the doctor examined her ankle and gave her a small cast since it was only a sprained ankle. She stood up and thanked the doctor bowing to him at 90 degrees again. Halmoni also thanked him as he walked out of the house.

"The food is ready~~" the maid called out and set the dishes of steak onto the table. Yoona who never tried high quality beef was amazed at the colour and the smell .

"Thank you for the meal halmoni~" she sang happily as halmoni motioned her to eat. She didn't hold back she dug right in. She realized the old lady giggling to herself and put down her knife and fork momentarily.

"You still didn't tell me why you didn't hand over the things they wanted from you halmoni" she slowly chewed putting the meat to one side of so that she could speak.

"ahh, that, its cause they wanted to steal my purse, but i just recently repaired a very special watch that the old man gave to me before he passed and i was going to give it to my grandson, i couldn't give it over." she started cutting her meat as she was telling the story.

Yoona looked down at her fingers which were clicking as the nails were rubbed together while placed at her lap, "I'm so sorry to hear about harabeoji... but your grandson is very lucky to have you." she said in almost a whisper, she let out a weak smile.

"The old man left me in good hands,i believe that i will see him one day again." Her gentle eyes sparkled as she spoke. "How about you? Your parents must be so lucky to have a daughter like you"

"That's funny." she picked up her fork and knife. She felt like halmoni already shared so much with her so now it was her turn. Strangely Yoona felt like it was very easy for her to tell the old lady everything, she was comfortable around her and gave her a feeling of warmth.

 "I've never met my parents, they didn't want me"... one... "and so they left me in an orphanage. Of course no one else wanted me so i was never adopted into a real family"...two..." i was placed in foster homes all my life, from this one to that one"... three...." just when i found a loving foster family i would be moved to another one"...four...She choked back her tears. "then to another one, and another one and another one" ...five... I was finally able to move out on my own instead of being passed on like clothes... but still, life didn't treat me right. "

Halmoni's POV

Wow, that was five pieces of steak in at once. I could tell that she's angry with life. She cuts viciously when shes talking and then stuffs it in when she feels like she's about explode from anger. I got up from my seat and went towards her, i bet she didn't even notice as she was trying to bury her face so i wouldn't notice the tears in her eyes. It was a little hard trying to understand her with that mouthful of steak, but the last sentence came out very clear.

"but still, life didn't treat me right" she sobbed finally putting down her fork and knife.

I put my hand on her shoulder and sat down on the chair right beside her. She looked up at me, i could see the pain and the hurt in her eyes. I took my thumb and wiped her tears away. I pulled her in for a hug as she cried her eyes out. You are an inspiration Im Yoona, I am going to do my best to help turn your life around...but also I'm going to need your help because i believe that it can only be you my dearest.

"From now on Im Yoona, you are going to live in this house until you get your life together, until you find your happiness."

"What?" She looked up cluelessly at halmoni

"You are too delicate to be wandering around the streets looking for a place to stay and a place to work, so here i am! think of me as your fairy godmother. I am giving Im Yoona a place to stay and a place to work. Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo" she hummed and smiled while she pulled Yoona out of her seat causing her to hop on one foot because of the sudden movement.

Yoona laughed as she saw halmoni acting like a little girl swirling around the living room joyfully but then tears started building in her eyes, she hopped over to halmoni and gave her a warm hug.

"ayaa pabo ah, why're you crying at such a happy time ? Let's see that alligator laugh of yours !" she

"halmoni~" she whined.

"But i warn you, this will not be an easy job" halmoni suddenly said

Yoona was a little worried because those words that came out of her words sounded dead serious, but when was I ever not worried? she thought to herself. She gulped down the lump in and then put on an assuring smile.

"I'm up for it" she cheered, raising her fist in the air.

"Okaay ! Time for project Im Yoona, first step? Of course your clothes honey. Look at this, you dress like a tomboy, and i don't see anything that looks new or clean." halmoni scolded.

"Baggy T-shirts and sweats are comfortable! They're also much cheaper compared to jeans or blouses but also much easier to manage. You know i don't have time for any of that so therefore i do not need it halmoni." She looked down at what she was wearing pulling on her shirt so that she was holding it out in front of her trying to convince halmoni that it wasn't so bad.

"Okaay okay, how about this, i will take you to buy only a few things so that you have some clothes to go to work in. The clothes you have now will go into the washing machine so that they're clean so you can wear that stuff at home. The rest of the clothes that you will need to buy will be earned when you can buy clothes for yourself. Deal? " halmoni insisted.

"Neh !" she smiled bright

"Im Yoona's transformation is under way, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo!"


Author's note: so this is my first chapter, it is a little boring? sorry but i have to introduce Yoona and of course the the person who turns her life around. Comments are always appreciated :) thaank you guys !