Officially

My Boss and his Assistant

There, in the wall was an opening a little bit larger than a vent that was revealed after pushing the block that was identical to the wallpaper. She crawled through it before he could ask her anything about it, so instead he followed her lead. As soon as he went through the opening, it led to a room filled with old antiques. It was a dusty room, every corner covered in cobwebs, as well as the objects that were displayed on the shelves. He inferred that this was where unused items use to be stored. He looked around before turning to her again, who had just placed the block back in it's place.

She caught the look he was giving her. "Don't worry, this isn't what I wanted to show you" she laughed before dusting off her hands. She walked over to long curtains on the side of the room and pulled them apart, revealing a door. 

She closed the door behind them once they have stepped through it.

"We're outside" he said confused.

"You're not impressed are you?" she chuckled.

"Not at all! Secret passages are supposed to lead to somewhere forbidden, but, we're outside again"

"This was forbidden! I was always in my room, and then it came afternoon nap time where I could go out without seeing other kids but I was still locked in my room! And then I found that" she pointed to the door. "And so every nap time, I would sneak out. The ladies are never in the room when its nap time, it was just too perfect to resist" she smiled.

"I have no idea how you even found it" he replied, remembering the perfect fit and blending of the block and the wall.

"I can honestly say that I've spent way too long in that room. I was actually admiring all the different flowers on the wallpaper when I found the outline of a box. I found it strange so I paid more attention to it. One day, I accidentally pushed on it and it fell in, revealing the other room. And the curtains, it's a must that curiosity will soon pull those open.

"Okay, maybe this is a little exciting"

She immediately piped up. "I know! Especially with the task of not getting caught, you truly experience a rush"

His hands were in his pockets, checking out his surroundings, turning to her with a look of amusement. "Where would you usually go?"

She turned around to him, taking exaggerated steps backwards. "After a short distance of wandering, I came upon this" she jumped backwards, both feet landing onto the ground. He walked closer to her, and behind the trees he was examining earlier, there was a little barn. 

The crumbling under their feet while he walked (and she skipped) on the gravel road leading to the barn was another new thing for him. When he finally caught up with her, he found her leaning against the fence, staring at a horse in the distance. 

He smirked.

She was startled when she heard him give a sharp whistle beside her, she glared at him, worried that it disturbed someone or the horse she was admiring. He nodded his head towards the direction she was staring at before his intrusion. She turned her head and was met with the huge eyes of the horse. She jumped away from the fence immediately, scared to death by its appearance right on the other side of the fence. She glared at a laughing Seunghyun who was petting it, what was even more surprising was that the horse seemed to like it.

"Come here Yoona" he turned to her again.

She shook her head, rubbing her arm.

He grinned before reaching out to her and dragging her over which she tried to pull away from.

"Don't you like horses?" he questioned

"Yes... from afar!"

"That's because you've never been close to one. Trust me, it's much better" he took her hand again, before slowly leading her to it. She was still a bit unsure but she knew that she wanted to see it up close.

She saw it's black eyes up close again, but this time she didn't cower away but he could feel the grip on his hand tighten. It was truly beautiful from up close. It's coat, although dirtier than she could have seen from afar, was still very white. It's mane was left long, hanging onto one side of its neck that led to it's muscular build. She looked at it's face again, her hand instinctively reached up before her fingers coiled themselves and her hand fell back down.

"It's friendly"

"I know it is" she smiled.

"Then pet it" he coaxed her.

"I've never pet a horse before" she said softly, eyes still fixated on it.

He let go of her hand before walking up behind her. He slid his hand down her arm before lapping his hand over hers and raised it again up to the horse's face slowly. Her hand lay flat by its face on it neck, where he led her hand to lightly it.

It huffed and shook it's head, causing her to want to pull her hand away, but his hand firmly placed it on the horse.

"Easy" he said gently, leading her hand to lightly pet it again, and the horse heeded his command and calmed again.

She smiled once she felt more comfortable with the horse. She brought her other hand without his help and laid it on the other side of it's face. The horse responded by nuzzling it's face against her palms. She giggled, turning behind her at Seunghyun who she didn't know realize was that close, her eyes widened and her grin dropped.

"Now" he began. "Is it better afar or up close?" he inched closer, his husky voice in a whisper.

She swallowed. "Up close"

He smirked. "We're not talking about the horse anymore are we?"

"I don't know what you're talking about, but I am definitely talking about the horse!" she pushed him away from her.

He laughed, raising his hands in defeat."Whatever you say Trouble"

Her intended rebuttal was interrupted by him disappearing into the shadows of the barn.

"Yah! Where are you going? This is someone else's barn! We shouldn't be here in the first place!" she called after him, in the loudest whisper she could manage. Like she expected, she got no response in return. She turned back and forth, not knowing what to do.

"Aish, always doing whatever he wants" she pouted, gently brushing the horse again. The horse quickly shook its head like earlier before.

"Bwoya. Are you on his side as well? You must be a girl" she laughed, ruffling her hands through it's coat.

"You really are a worrywart Yoona" Seunghyun finally appeared, this time, on the opposite side of the fence from her.

"I am not-" her eyes widened when she finally noticed the saddle he was holding in his hands after he placed it onto the horse, beginning to strap it on. "What are you doing? We can't just ride someone's horse!"

He chuckled. "If only she would listen to me" he , speaking to the horse.

She softened up, prodding for him to continue.

"I heard someone in the barn earlier, and so I went in there to ask for permission to ride her"

She was silent for awhile before he saw her smile. "I knew you were a girl!" she giggled, much to his relief.

"Now, come over here" he reached out his arm to help her climb over the fence to his side.

Both of them walked side by side, as he led the horse to a more open area in it's vast field. Then he stopped, and she knew that it was time to get on. She was so sure that she wanted to, but at the same time, so unsure. She was excited. From years of watching a horse at the same barn from a distance to finally touching on and now, to riding one? It was insane. She was also scared, in fear of getting hurt. It was a fantasy, and fantasies are meant to be kept untouched, because once it is obtained, it is no longer a fantasy. And what more? There was him by her side. Was he supposed to be her own version of a prince charming arriving with a beautiful white horse? Sweeping her away into a happily ever after? No, she knew he wasn't like that and still isn't like that, at least, not for someone like her. But she wanted to get on that beautiful horse with him, except, that's the very problem. Once she gets on, she wouldn't want to get off. She was clinging onto something she shouldn't be hanging on to in the first place, and it scared her to the core.

"You also think too much" his voice knocked her out of her thoughts.

She forced a smile, glancing at him. "I am probably over thinking things aren't I?"

"Yes! Just do what I do, live in the moment"

"Are you telling me to live like you now?" she chuckled.

"Okay, maybe not exactly like me, but" he looked at her, who was laughing even harder because of his words. "Just get on the horse"

She shot him a face before putting a foot into the loop, trying to pull herself up. He gave her the assistance she needed by lifting her by the waist when she quickly slung her other leg on the other side of the horse. She positioned herself to comfortably sit when she felt his presence behind her.

"You're getting on as well?"

"What did you expect?"

"Me to sit here, and you on the ground leading her!"

"Then how will you be able to pick up speed?"

"We're going to go fast? How fast?" she visibly perked up.

He made sure that she gripped onto the rope when he secured her in place as his arms were reached out on each side of her body, also clutching onto the rope.

He smirked. "As fast as I know you can handle"

She raised an eyebrow, staring out at the large empty field that was seemingly endless as he led the horse to a light stroll. The grass, more yellow than green and was taller here, swayed beautiful in all directions as the breeze scrambled through. "So you're saying you know my speed limit?"

"Nope" he replied casually. "I just know you don't have one"

A smile crept its way to her lips. "Then what are you waiting for? Let's go!" she exclaimed impatiently.

And without any warning, they set off as the horse galloped ferociously through the field. They cut through the air, her hair wildly flying behind her that she wondered if it was whipping him in the face, but with her hair flew her worries. Now that was was on the horse and racing through a grassy field, she knew that if she had missed out on this, she wouldn't have felt the moment of absolute bliss. It was a moment that she let herself go, being completely carefree. It was something that was unfairly stolen from her since birth, and from then on, every moment of her life consisted of worrying, forced to mature at an age she was not to mature at. Maybe that explains why her inner child is coming out now.

She didn't care that she was on a stranger's horse, she didn't care that her hair was a little too messy or that her smile was a little too big for her own good, and most of all, she didn't care that it was him behind her.

She took a quickly glance behind her at him, seeing that he had the exact same smile on his face. A carefree Seunghyun wasn't hard to see, but a Seunghyun who was truly enjoying himself was, but she saw it.

And at that moment, he knew, that he wouldn't want to be with anyone else at that moment than her. No, he realized this a long time ago.

After having enough of the exhilarating feeling as well as the wind in his face, he decided to slow the horse down to a walking pace. They sat in comfortable silence as the horse trotted lightly through the field.

"I think this has been the best field trip I've ever been on" he finally broke the silence.

She chuckled warmly. "I almost forgot that we were here to teach you a lesson."

He remained silent, trying to figure out what that lesson was.

"Did you see those women at the orphanage?" she asked, sensing that he needed a little push to understand.

"Yes"

"They don't work for money. They volunteer their time to take care of the children" she explained.

He remained silent again which caused her to laugh. "They don't seem miserable do they?" she posed him another question.

"No" he whispered.

"What about the children? Did they seem miserable?"

"No"

"And that's the point I was trying to prove. No one was trying to gain anything and because of that, they are happy"

"I just don't understand how" 

She paused for a moment, thinking about it herself. "...Because happiness is when we realize how blessed we are for what we have. Everything just comes so easily for you that you take all of it for granted. How are you supposed to see everything around you when you are blinded by all that?" she took a deep breath, stretching out her legs on either side of the horse.

That was when it hit him, her words, and his life. Weeks ago he would've scoffed at her words, and spit it out like it was nothing because that was him, the guy who was too arrogant to listen. But now, she was someone he wanted to listen to. She was the only person who cared enough to make him think. He spent everyday of his life sluggishly. Slaving away at work, eating, going out at night, partying, sleeping around, and then repeating the same old routine. If he had appreciated what he had a little more, he would have a different mind set everyday. To just live, and enjoy, because then he wouldn't need to rely on superficial things if he appreciated everything around him.

"It's not too late to start trying now is it?" his voice caused her to jump because they sat in silence for such a long tine. She smiled whipping her head back to him excitedly. "Of course not!"

"I mean, you'll be here to help me right?" he purged on hopefully, although he said it nonchalantly.

"Hmmm" she contemplated. "I'll think about it" she stuck her tongue out at him.

"Bwoh?"

All she did was laugh, until the horse came to a halt.

She looked behind her at him, confused, as he hopped down from the horse to check it out.

"No!" he shouted the moment he planted his feet on the ground.

She was startled, her eyes darting to him. "What?"

"I'm stepping in mud!"

She couldn't help but burst out into laughter. "That's it?"

"This is couture!"

His rebuttal only caused her to laugh harder. "Just throw it in the washer. It will be grand"

"It will be grand?" he raised an eyebrow.

He suddenly trudged his way through the mud to her side before carrying her bridal style off the horse, of course not easily considering her resistance and squealing. 

"So it would be okay if I drop you because you can just toss your clothes in the wash right?"

"Yes" she said confidently.

"Really?" he smirked.

"Ye-" her words were cut when he pretended to drop her, tossing her lightly before catching her again. She scrambled to cling onto him again.

"What was that?" she wanted to reaffirm what she was doing to say.

"Y-yes" she said in between her laughs, a little unsure this time.

"You sure are stubborn aren't you?:

She nodded, causing him to shake his head while clicking his tongue mischievously.

Her eyes widened as the only word that escaped her lips was...

"Seunghyun!!!" she shouted.

It was like she was half expecting him to do it because of how childish he was but as well, she didn't expect him to which explains why she was ready, hanging onto his neck with her arms while her legs dropped down into the mud. Of course he wasn't going to let her fully fall so he had his arms out ready, and the moment she hit the ground, knees bent, his hands grabbed her by the waist, both wriggling to find balance before he brought her to a stand.

"You dare?!" she looked up at him.

"Hey" he raised his hands up. "It could've been much worse"

"Oh..." a smile crept it's way on her lips. "Like this?" and with that, she pushed on his chest with her hands that were around his neck. Since he was standing there for quite sometime, adding on her weight when he was carrying her, his feet were sunk in the mud giving him not way to step back, and so he fell backwards.

Not onto his back though. He was smart enough to have his arms out behind him, landing on them as his body was lift inches away from the ground thanks to them, just like the crab position.

She cupped , trying to suppress her laughter although feeling a little apologetic. He pulled his hands out of the mud, sitting up in a squatting position, and she could tell he was plotting revenge.

And she was right.

She quickly made a run for it the minute he stood up. He quickly lifted his feet up, chasing her in the mud which was a little difficult, but as soon as they got back on the grass, he wasn't going to let her go so easily.

"I re-really didn't mean to" she panted heavily, after all she was running for her life with the way he threatened her with his muddy hands.

He took advantage of the moment she stopped for a bit to face him. He was also out of breath, hence he slowed down as well, chuckling as she scaled side to side in front of him, a wide smile on her face. She contradicted herself greatly, first apologizing to him but then challenging him.

"You're dead" he set off again, chasing her again, this time, seriously. Not like before where he went easy on her. And soon enough, he caught up to her, but instead of attacking her, he grabbed hold of her hand, intertwining her fingers through his mucky ones.

She was surprised, feeling the slimy, cold mud on her hands, stopping immediately from her run. Her eyes darted to him.

"Let's go" he smirked.

"W-where?"

"We're walking back to the barn"

"Why not the hor-" she cut off her own sentence when she glanced over to the muddy area, the horse was gone.

She unsurely obliged, thinking that he would let go of her hand when they started walking, but he didn't. She tried yanking her hand away subtly several times but his grip would only tighten. So, they walked hand in hand back to the barn, a little awkward at first that she was going to ask him why he didn't let go, but soon, it almost felt natural.

Although not a single word was uttered between the two, they still connected, physically and emotionally giving her the same weird feelings she experienced when they kissed. She didn't know she could harbor such feeling, especially not for him.

Before such feeling could scare her, they had already returned under the shade of the barn where they were met with a hard working young man who was feeding the horses in the stable.

He smiled warmly when he saw them walk in holding hands.

"Did she treat you good?"

"This girl here? She never treats me well" he joked, looking down at his muddy clothes.

"He meant the horse babo" she stuck her tongue out at him before turning to the young man in front of her. "Yes she did, thank so much errr" she paused, intending to ask for his name.

"Mir, you can call me Mir" he extended his hand out.

She thoughtfully stretched hers out until she realized it was still connected to his. Her eyes widened as she gave him a sheepish smile, pulling back her hand immediately.

"I'm Yoona"

"Nice to meet you both" he chuckled. He then scratched his head, looking at the mess on themselves.

"There's a little shower head on the side of the barn whenever I need to wash my hands or feet after I take care of the animals. You could use that to clean off"

"Oh man. Thank you!" Seunghyun stepped up, shaking his hand with his available hand.

"It was nice meeting you too" Yoona managed to call out as she was dragged outside.

When they got to the side of the barn, there was a small wooden-like crate, like a bigger version of a bathroom stall, covered in shingles painted a fresh green. The door creaked opened as they sneaked in. It was much more spacious than it had seemed from the outside, but since there was two of them, it was a little crowded but they managed.

She took off her flip flops, followed by him taking off his shoes and socks. She instantly smiled when she felt the cold cement under her feet, her toes wriggling in happiness.

He shook his head chuckling. "Move out of the way if you don't want to get soaked."

She looked at his hand laid on the handle, then looked up at the shower head that hung above the, and immediately scurried to his side. He turned it slowly, glad that the water didn't shoot far enough to reach them.

He held her hand behind his back because he knew that she wanted to wash their stuck hands first, but he'll save that for last. She glanced at him briefly before letting it slide for she had followed suit of him dipping his feet in to clean.

The splashing of the mist from the shower when they finally washed their hands was refreshing, she closed her eyes to revel in the feeling of it. He smirked when he flicked water from his hands on to her face, she responded quickly as she opened her eyes, shooting him a glare before it turned into a smile as she pushed a hand full of water at him. He did not relent however, successfully driving her against the wooden planks as she tried to avoid his splashing.

Their laughs died down as their eyes lingered on each other's. He smiled, no not smirked, but smiled as he leaned in closer wanting to catch her lips in his again. She dipped her head down so that she wasn't looking at him, her brows etched with worry and sadness as she gently pushed him away.

He stepped back in confusion.

"Y-you can't do that" she stepped away from the space between him and the boards with her fingers touching her lips.

"But I thought-"

"It was a mistake"

He couldn't believe his ears. With the way they kissed, he knew it was far from what she called it. "A mistake?" his tone was low and serious.

"I was vulnerable and you knew that!"

"That doesn't explain what happened between us"

"Us? Now we're an us? Unbelievable. I don't even know if you're capable of liking someone" she seethed, her anger appearing from out of nowhere.

"So that is what this is about? You doubt me"

"You're a very doubtful person" she took a step back when she noticed he was closer to her.

He raised an eyebrow. "You're scared"

She scoffed.

He purposefully provoked her by stepping towards her again, in which she responded by subtly sliding over. "You're scared because you know that I am capable of liking you"

"And why would that scare me?" By this point in time, they had been walking in circle around the little shack.

"Because you like me too"

She was silent as she glared up at him, teeth clenched. "Take me home"

"That's it? That's how we're gonna end this conversation?"

"This conversation was crap to begin with" she brushed past him towards the door.

Not successfully at that for he had wrapped his arm around her waist, flinging her back against the wooden planks behind him, right under the shower head. Making sure the shock of the crash didn't hurt her he didn't let go of her and so he was pulled with her, drenching both of them from head to toe.

Neither of them moved though, both staring at each other, mouths agape to help with their breathing especially since water was running down their faces. It was not long before she spit the water pooling into out, accidentally right at his face. She covered , looking at him who had closed his eyes. It could not be held in any longer as she erupted into peals of laughter.

He shook his head while smiling, looking at her alligator-like laugh, tucking soaking hair behind her ears which immediately brought her back to the situation again. It was truly strange how they would bicker and make up the next second, she cursed to herself knowing that the reason for that is because he knows she doesn't mean a word that she says when they do argue. Before she could respond, he pressed his lips against hers. Her pupils would have dilated twice their size if it had not been for the water trickling into her eyes. He pulled back, hearing her take in a deep breath of air. Partly for she was out of air but also because was she prepare for an impending lecture.

"Just shut up" he mumbled, pulling her for a kiss again. She took revenge by punching him in the chest, which he responded with a smile for although she had done that, she had not struggled to pull away this time.

His forehead leaned against hers.

"I'm not one to be cheesy or super sweet, and frankly, I may not be the best person for you."

She chuckled.

"Yes, I can be rude and arrogant-"

"I get it!" she laughed. "Your point?"

"But I promise that I will try. I will try to make you as happy as you've made me"

She sighed, smiling inwardly though. "Fine. We'll try"

He brightened immediately. "Is that a yes"

"No"

"No?" he was confused.

"Maybe"

"Maybe?!"

"I'll have to think about it" she smirked as she pushed him away and walked away, not before turning around and shouting "Don't think that shoving me under the water would wake me up" then made her way to the car, leaving him smiling dumbly to himself.

Sunlight seeped through the spaces of the shingles as he chased after her. 

 

---------------

A/N More TopYoon ! ahh, i just love them so much. Don't worry Gyoon shippers, you will see them next chapter ! I will leave it up to you guys to decided what Yoona's real answer is between all the ones she said. LOL our yoong is so confusing, but she is also confused as well as you can see, however you can tell she wants to. Anyways, thank you all for reading ! :D I think from now on, i will try to reply to all the beautiful comments you guys leave ! Ahahah its my New Years resolution ;)