24/7

Borderline
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi I am back with a short chapter I am so sorry this is delayed but to celebrate comeback tomorrow, I am going to update my EXO stories. :)

It took Yoojung three full days to recover from her injuries. During the 72 hours where she slipped in and out of consciousness, Yoojung was vaguely aware that the boys had moved her back to her bedroom. They took turns feeding her soup that Kyungsoo had made daily for her weak stomach. At one point she was fairly certain that Jongdae and Lay almost never left her side. She wasn’t entirely sure what Jongdae was doing aside from wiping perspiration from her forehead with a towel he seemed to be changing every other hour, feed her most of the time, and looking at her with a worried expression while doing all these.

Okay, so maybe Jongdae did everything aside from healing her, which was Lay’s duty for the past three days.

There was a moment when Jongdae left to go to the washroom downstairs (presumably to change the towel) that Yoojung finally managed to ask Lay the question that had been caught in for the past few days. Thankfully, the answer that came from his pale chapped lips was a positive one. Her mother was safe.  Seulgi had brought her to another suite and masked her scent with perfume for vampires. Lay also let out a secret – Seulgi was a full vampire who was very much in control of her own abilities, which meant that she was a good fighter with suppressed predatory instincts. Her mother was in good hands.

Yoojung wanted to ask if Taemin was aware of all these arrangements, but Jongdae had popped back into the room with a new piece of towel and some tea that he claimed Kyungsoo brought especially for her. Lay immediately slipped back into his slumber right after, and even Jongdae finally tore himself from the girl to take care of his older friend, dabbing the perspiration from the elf. The doctor needed much rest himself, so Yoojung nudged Jongdae to carry him back to his own room.

For once, she was completely alone and left to rest on her own since the incident happened. She contemplated her next best options. Her first thoughts were to get to her mother and check up on her, but that involved a huge risk of exposing both her and her mother’s whereabouts. The other question was whether she should even stay in this house anymore. With the trail of blood that she left behind while crawling back, she wouldn’t be surprised if her assailants tracked her here and discover that she had survived. The rent she had saved from eating scraps and committing petty crimes seemed insignificant compared to the threat to her life right now. Running away was definitely an option, except that she wasn’t sure if she was strong enough to carry both herself and her mother across the country again. If there really was a national werewolf underground network that she did not know about, trekking back to the cities that she had already passed wouldn’t be of much help. They would have already picked up clues that suggested her whereabouts.

She was weighing the multiple options in her head, each one riskier and more dangerous than the previous, when the door opened following a soft knock. A small figure entered the room before hesitantly approaching her.

“You’re awake,” the bass in Kyungsoo’s voice was still apparent despite his soft voice. His brows creased in worry, and a bit of Yoojung’s heart clench slightly. She looked away, pretending she did not detect the guilt on his face. She was not used to people having so much emotions directed at her, or even remotely related to her in a way that was not damning. She was afraid of being overwhelmed. It was disturbing how much they cared, how much they kept their distance out of politeness and respect.

Kyungsoo set himself beside the girl, and awkwardly stared at the towel beside her bed, as if he was making up his mind whether he should talk, comment on the drying towel or actually wet the towel again. Yoojung was torn wondering if this silence was comforting or suffocating. She could not decide.

“You don’t have to be sorry you know.”

Kyungsoo looked up at her with large doe eyes that bore strong resemblance to a small child who could not believe his parents forgave him immediately after stealing a cookie from the jar. A faint blush kept up onto his cheeks, a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter