Don't Mess Up My Tempo

Borderline
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoojung ought to be proud she was so quick to get out of bed and walk again, yet a part of her knew this was only possible because of the bunch of elves currently sound asleep in the house. She was grateful when she got out of the house stealthily, and nobody had gone after her. She'd abandoned some of her blood-stained clothes and belongings so that the elves would not suspect anything out of the ordinary when they wake up in the morning.

 

She noticed that the blood on the lawn was cleared now, and so was the whole blood trail from the spot of her attack. The boys certainly did a great job cleaning everything up. It was as if nothing had happened.  She didn't dare approach that spot again, but instead went straight to hail a cab.

 

She'd left a note for them, and that was a personal achievement in itself. She couldn't recall a time she showed any form of affection towards anyone who had helped her along this journey at all. On her way to the Home she actually managed a smile.

 

She was surprised that her skills to sneak around unnoticed had not regressed since her stay with the boys. She was afraid that she had been presumptuous, relying on them too much for some level of protection.

 

Maybe I should give myself more credit.

 

She wasn’t sure where her mother was moved to, because this “suite guarded by Seulgi” was not a place she’d gone before and she could not risk asking the therapist for directions. He was sometimes too intelligent for her taste; the thought of him while she was trying to sneak around just made her even more nervous, and the tension within her only aggravated the aches in her body.

 

Yoojung actually managed to go around the dimmed corridors without anyone noticing yet, and this just reminded her how easily a werewolf might have come in to nab her mother. Fifteen minutes on her mission to find her mother, and Yoojung was only failing to locate this suite. Eventually she managed to evade one of the nurses around and took a quick glance at the directory and figured her mother might have been moved to the top floor.

 

However, an unexpected temptation came along while she was making her way up.

 

The old ward, where Taemin was.

 

She knew that wing was generally less patrolled at night by the workers, and in all honesty if she had to play dumb and said she was visiting her mother, she was certain that they would let her waddle in for a second amidst the confusion.

 

Or maybe if she created a distraction and diverted the one or two nurses stationed in that ward that night, maybe she could have a chance in pulling the boy aside for a conversation.

 

As cliche as this plan was going to be, Yoojung actually succeeded in creating a momentary distraction when she flooded the toilet near her mother’s previous ward. As the footsteps grew faint down the hallway, Yoojung briskly made her way to Taemin’s bed as noiselessly as possible.

 

“Wake up, werewolf.”

 

For a supernatural creature Taemin was sure a lot less vigilant and alert than he should be. With the silver blade in Yoojung’s hand just barely an inch beside his neck, she was mildly bemused that the young werewolf took a while to process that he might be in dan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter