A Closure

The promise made on that summer day

After breakfast, they all got ready and were waiting for manager oppa to arrive. This is one of the rare occasion where they were waiting for their managers and not the other way round. They were all going to bid their final farewell to Jonghyun later. The atmosphere in the living room is getting heavier by the minute.

 

“Ding Dong”

 

Seohyun went to open the door after making sure it was their manager through the intercom.

 

“Good morning oppa!”

 

“Oh, good morning Seohyunnie. Are your unnies ready yet? We have to go soon otherwise the traffic will be bad. What about Jessica, is she going? I will need to arrange if she is you know.. to avoid the papara..AH!!” Manager oppa started firing his questions away to Seohyun while walking into the living room. Seohyun doesn’t even get the chance to answer any of his questions. But when he got to the living room, half of his questions were answered with a surprise.

 

“You girls are all ready?!” He asked in disbelief when he saw seven of them, dressed and sitting in the living room. If only they were like this when we are on schedules..

 

“Good morning oppa!” a loud voice boom from behind, the kitchen direction.

 

He turn back and had another surprise, “OH! Fany ah! When did you arrive?! Woah! really you girls love to give me surprises eh? Since yesterday..cham!”

 

“ Oppa, I reach Seoul late last night, so I came here straight by myself” Tiffany answered.

 

“Why didn’t you contact me? I could have pick you up.”

 

“Oppa, I’m no longer under SM. You didn’t have to..”

 

“Cham! You mean I can’t pick up a long time friend? You think the company forbids me to do that? I don’t give a damn about it”

 

“Oppa, no swearing..” Seohyun said.

 

“Oppa, I heard you!” Sunny teased.

 

“Yah!”

 

“HAHAHA!!”

 

The light banter lifted the gloomy mood a little.

 

“Okay, let’s go girls!”

 

In the car, Jessica, Tiffany, Sooyoung and Seohyun sat at the back. To avoid the prying eyes of any paparazzi because the car was afterall meant for SM artistes. They manage to avoid the heavy traffic and drove straight to the basement car park where arrangement has been made prior. Securities were present to heavily guard the secret return of Jessica & Tiffany.

 

After arriving, they all stayed in a room by themselves until it was time to head out and bid farewell. It’s a solemn affair, very much like something that you would see in a drama. But all these that are happening is real, goddamn real that it hurts. Standing in the front was Yoona, Taeyeon, Hyoyeon. Sunny, Yuri, Sooyoung and Seohyun were just right behind them. Jessica and Tiffany stayed in the room, waiting for everyone’s attention to be at the porch before joining the entourage at the back. Hoards of reports were gathered in the front porch, photographing every single artiste that they could spot as if it was a red carpet event. Their tears flow uncontrollably when they saw Shinee members and Super Juniors oppas carrying Jonghyun photo and the coffin to the car. Taeyeon was crying so hard again that Yoona and Sooyoung were holding her tight. That few minutes was a marking of eternal farewell. Jonghyun, may you be at peace now….

 

As they have canceled their schedules for the next few days, Manager oppa sent them all back to the dorm to rest. All nine of them went back to their respective rooms, to settle down their emotions and rest.

It has been an emotional rollercoaster ride for them, not only eternal departure of their close friend but also the return of their sister.

 

Night befall, it was already 7pm and the dorm is filled with darkness and silence except for the kitchen.

The small light illuminate from the refrigerator, a tall figure hunched over was rummaging the content in the refrigerator.

 

“Yah.. we bought some many things yesterday, don’t tell me it’s all gone..where are they?” she mumbled to herself trying to find any traces of ready-to-eat food. She was so engrossed that she didn’t notice footsteps coming from behind.

 

“Unnie, what are you doing?” Yoona asked sleepily while making her way to get a drink.

 

“Omo! Yoona-ah, you are awake? I am looking for food, not sure when would they wake up..*growl*” Sooyoung answered while still trying to find food and her stomach protest timely.

 

*growl* A second stomach has protest too. Yoona looked at Sooyoung, smiling sheepishly. Soon the two shikshins were flipping the kitchen in search for something edible to satisfy their stomach. “Cling! Clang! Bam!”

 

The sound soon woke up the rest of the girls who all came out to see what is causing the ruckus.

 

“Yah! What are you two doing? I thought there was some burglars or something!”

 

“Are you two food-raiders?”

 

“hah..Unnies, Seohyunnie, sorry we were trying to find food” Yoona replied *growl*

 

“ya..I remembered we bought a lot of stuff yesterday, but the fridge is empty now..” Sooyoung added on *growl*

 

“You two shikshins…*growl*” Taeyeon said but started to blush when her stomach makes the same rumbling noise.

 

*growl**growl**growl**growl**growl**growl*

 

As though on cue, the rest of their stomachs start to rumble as well, protesting to their owner that they need to be fed soon. Everyone just look at each other.

 

“eh..I guess we are all hungry then. What shall we order?” Hyoyeon asked.

 

“hmmm…”

 

“chi-maek!” everyone chorused.


 

Flashback

A few years back, in dorm

 

“I’m hungry, what should we order for supper?”

 

“Potato soup? But we had that like 2 days ago..hmmm”

 

“Jampong? Jajangmyeon?”

 

Ring~ring~ring

“Yeoboseyo? Oh, Hara-ya? Fried chicken? Oh, ya. It’s good.. Yes.. yes.. Okay, let’s meet up soon k. Bye~”

 

“Today is chicken day!! Let’s order that!”

 

Picks up the phone and call

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, So-Nyuh-Shi-Dae imida…”

 

“Wah..jinja jjang! We’ve never done this before”

 

“It feels abit weird”

 

“Oh, hello, we would like to order… yea? Delivery takes about 1 hour? Can it be faster? Actually, we are SNSD..hello? Hello?”

 

“Girls, do we really want to eat fried chicken?”

 

“YES!”

 

“Let’s do it then! We need to prove that we are SNSD!”

 

Pick the phone up and call again, once connected, the room is filled with live singing of the advertisement song

 

“Jincha-ro? SNSD?”

 

“Yea, SNSD imida. Can we have our order deliver to us fast?”

 

“Oh yes, of course!”

 

“Kamsahamnida, please do give us more pickled radish!”

 

“YEA!! chi-maek is coming~~!”

 

End of flashback

 

Ding Dong!

 

“Yea!!”

 

After setting the food on the dining table, everyone sat down at their respective seats.

 

“Jal meoggesseubnida!”