I Got A Boy

The promise made on that summer day

After that day, Jessica did also raise this up with SM Ent. expressing her intention to start her own fashion business. As her contract did not mention anything about unable to start her business, the management gave her the green light to go ahead but she has to give priority to the group activities.

 

Everything was going as planned, she had supports from her family, her sisters, her company. She couldn’t ask for anything more, it seems like 2014 would be a good year. She would not have known all the heartbreaks and sadness the future holds.

 

At the start of 2014, SNSD faced with their first challenge, dating news. That morning starts with chaos in the dorm.

 

They were having breakfast, some were chatting, some were reading and some were scrolling their phones when suddenly *clang!*, the cup of coffee that Hyoyeon was holding drop onto the table and spills out. “What the?!” were her only words before she went frozen. Everyone was panicking, scrambling to clean the mess before it gets worst and also trying to find out what exactly cause her to go into such state of shock.

 

“Yah! What’s wrong?” Sooyoung asked.

 

“It’s..it’s..” She tried to say but the words does not comes out, in the end she surrender her phone to Sooyoung to let her see for herself.

 

“OMG!” Sooyoung exclaimed with her eyes open wide and big.

 

“Yah! What is it? Stop keeping us in suspense!” Yuri said feeling frustrated

 

“Yoona..Yoona!” Sooyoung frantically shouted for her.

 

“She’s on the phone, i think it’s manager oppa” Taeyeon said after bringing the spilled cup to the kitchen.

 

“She’s on Dispatch headlines!” Hyoyeon finally squeezed the words out.

 

“WHAT!?” Everyone tried to see what’s on that small iPhone screen.

 

“Yah! You can see from your own phones!” Sooyoung said when she was suddenly mobbed by six other people.

 

“Unnies…” Yoona stepped back into the dining area, looking depressed.

 

Tiffany quickly took a step forward to embrace her, followed by the rest.

 

“What did manager oppa said?” Jessica asked when they settled down back at the dining table

 

“He told me to stay low for awhile..and we should not meet because everyone’s is on our tails..” Yoona replied, receiving squeezed on both sides from Yuri & Seohyun.

 

“Why didn’t SM stop this news?” Tiffany asked what is on everyone’s mind. With their upcoming comeback, this news definitely will pull the attention away. It’s not a wise move for SM to not stop it.

 

“I can speak to samchon about this” Sunny volunteered

 

“No..seonsaengnim is already busy with his family matters. I don’t think we should bother him with this.” Taeyeon said. They all know Mrs Lee is not feeling well and Mr Lee has taken time off work to take care of her.

 

“I guess SM knows what they are doing then..” Sunny replied. She has seen how her dad and samchon runs their company so she does pick up some points. But in their case right now, she can’t figure out how by not stopping this would be beneficial to them.

 

“Unnies, Seohyun ah…*sobs*.. mianhae..*sobs* we have worked so hard for this comeback but i ruin it…” Yoona said after a long silence, she could not hold it anymore and starts to cry when she thought of how this would hurt their comeback.

 

“Hush hush.. don’t think too much about it. Things are going to be fine” Sunny console her.

 

Because of the news, the group’s schedule were halted. Only individual schedules carried on, Yoona was given a few days off as they know how reporters would hound on her for the details. But that night when she sees her members being asked about her dating news, she felt overwhelming guilt. It’s like she stayed hidden but the rest were taking the bullets for her.

 

The rest didn’t have it easy either, 7 years into their career but they are facing this dating news for the first time. In the past, SM has always denied it for them so it just remains as a rumour. But now, since it has been confirmed, reporters were asking more blunt questions. Sometimes it caught them off guard and they are still trying to get accustomed to it. What they didn’t expect was in a few days later, they would be facing twice the attention.

 

Just like every other morning, but suddenly Sooyoung got a call and she step away to answer.

Uncannily, the news was discovered by Sunny this time, and they all stared at each other after reading the news. Seems like Dispatch's rival are not pleased in losing out on such big news that they decided to reveal Sooyoung’s one as well.

 

“Well...i guess 1 or 2 doesn’t makes much difference right?” Taeyeon commented. Everyone can’t believe another member is facing the same situation again.

 

“Heol! Prophecy! Is that why our title track is called Mr. Mr.?” Hyoyeon said pointing at the two female leads. Laughter erupts when their mood maker is doing magic.


 

*Somewhere in Seoul*

 

“I have done as per your instructions. I hope this is the end.”

 

“Ah...Mr Chairman, I don’t think you are in any position to bargain at the moment. And i don’t like that tone of yours.”

 

“You!”

 

“Now now.. just wait patiently for my call.”

 

The other party which got hang up slams the phone on the table.

 

Despite the dating scandals, the girls went ahead with their promotions for their comeback. Tons of variety shows invited them and they all know the main motive was to get exclusive coverage about them talking about their relationships. Nonetheless, the girls still gave their best in promoting their album, also with their experience, they manage to diffuse sticky questions with their witty answers.

 

At the same time, Jessica’s business idea took a fast track with the help from Tyler. Meetings have been schedule all around the world, US, China, Hong Kong, to meet the different suppliers and manufacturers, retail locations etc. She has also been coming up with her own designs.

 

“Girls, what do you think of this?” Jessica show them her new sketches. She has been working on this for days, while they were travelling or waiting in between schedules.

 

“Woah! This is nice!” Tiffany & Sooyoung, the fashionistas of the group exclaimed.

 

While everyone was admiring the sketch, Sunny asked, “Sica, how’s your business progressing?”, while caressing her hands. It hurts her to see her friend so busy but on the other hand, she is happy that she found what she wanted in life.

 

“Tyler has managed to get in contact with a few big players in the market. We should be meeting them soon.” Jessica gave back a smile, she knows what Sunny Bunny is thinking,

 

“What about SNSD schedules?” Manager oppa who overheard their conversation asked. As much as he supports Jessica’s business, SNSD is still his main priority. He can’t afford to have her missing on the schedules, the Management would not like it as well and it spells trouble.

 

“Oppa, I’m thinking of hiring a PA, she could assist me in coordinating the meetings around our schedules. What do you think?”

 

“That’s a great idea!” Taeyeon replied almost immediately. She understands where their Manager is coming from and she doesn’t want unnecessary things to affect their future as a group and Jessica’s dream.

 

“I think it’s great too! You need help in hiring?” Manager oppa asked.

 

“Oppa, can you help me?” Jessica asked

 

“Of course, I will ask around to see if there is any suitable candidate. Preferably a lady for you” Manager oppa replied.

 

True to his words, Manager oppa managed to find a suitable candidate for Jessica. She used to do part time manager roles in SM so she is used to coordinating schedules plus she just left her previous job so she can start work anytime.

 

“Jessica, meet Jinmin noona. She will be your PA from now on.”

 

“Jinmin-shi, please take care of me.” Jessica said while bowing to her sunbae.

 

“aniyo, Jung Sajangnim, please take care of me.” Jinmin said while bowing in return. Unknown to the rest, a shadow was lurking outside, monitoring them. It left just a few seconds before Jessica lift her head up from all the bow.