The Longing

The promise made on that summer day

Darkness, the room was dark except for the street light outside and the half-closed door. The lights in the living room was an indication that someone else was here other than her. Looking around, Taeyeon recognised that this was her room in the dorm.

 

Dorm..Dorm..! Did she left already?

 

In her hurry to rush out, she knock onto the bedside table and a book drop onto the floor, “Ouch”

 

Immediately, hurried footsteps can be heard and two person came rushing in.

 

“Unnie, are you okay?”

 

“Unnie, where are you going?!”

 

“Maknae ah, how did we get to the dorm? Did Sica come? Yoona ah, did she left already?”

 

“Unnie, please calm down and take a seat first” Both Yoona and Seohyun help Taeyeon to be seated on the bed. Seohyun then proceed to check if Taeyeon had injured herself from the knock earlier.

 

“Unnie, we were here because you fainted at the memorial service. Manager oppa drove us back with the doctor. He had just left. Doctor says, you fainted due to exhaustion and you should rest more” Seohyun explained the whole situation.

 

“Sica unnie isn’t here yet. Sunny unnie called earlier, she said they would be coming over later once the reporters are gone. Unnie, you haven’t eat anything for the whole day, we had prepared porridge, would you like to have some?”

 

Taeyeon remained dazed, sitting on her bed. Jessica is back, this isn’t a dream.

 

“Unnie..”

 

“Ah..yea.. Let’s go out of the room”

 

[Back at the memorial hall]

 

Witnessing their leader fainting right in front of their eyes really gave them a huge scare. They had debuted at a very young age, even after 10 years in the industry, they are still quite young. But that moment, it felt like some life & death flashback, like the time they were involved in a minor car accident while rushing for schedule. Lucky for them, Manager oppa was calm and called the doctor. When they were sure that it is not life-threatening, they decided to send Taeyeon to their dorm to rest. Yoona & Seohyun volunteered to take care of their kid leader. The unnies that stayed back had only 1 mission to complete and that is to bring Jessica back to the dorm.

 

A few minutes later, Manager oppa came over and spoke to Sunny.

 

“Guys, let’s go”

 

They proceed to the private room. Not long after, a group of security appear and went into the room next to it. The huge group caught the attention of the others but nobody could see the identity of the person that just went in.

 

Jessica took some time to pay respect to JongHyun and also console his family. They spoke briefly until Krystal came to her.

 

“Unnie, soshi unnies are at the next room. They wanted to speak to you but..”

 

“I will meet them at the dorm or what is Sunny’s arrangement?”

 

Krystal looked at her sister in awe. This is the soshibond. The kind of chemistry you share after spending more than half of your life together. How did her sister knows Sunny unnie has made some arrangement?

 

“Sunny unnie said you can take Hyoyeon’s unnie car. Manager oppa will drive,Hyoyeon unnie will go with them in the company’s car. They may take some time to shake off reporters, so if you reach first, you can go up to the dorm. Password remains unchanged and Taeyeon, Yoona & Seohyun unnie is there.”

 

“How come they are at the dorm? I thought they have all moved out?”

 

“I overheard from Manager unnie that Taeyeon unnie fainted earlier. So they sent her to the dorm to rest. Yoona unnie & Seohyun unnie is taking care of her.” Krystal explain and looks at her sister worriedly. Will Sica unnie be okay? I don’t want her to be sad again. There’s too much sadness around, if Santa is real, i would wish for things to get better. Soshi unnie to reunite, Shinee oppas to stay strong and f(x), i hope we will be together for a long long time.

 

Taengoo ah, are you alright? Don’t be too hard on yourself.

 

“Soojung-ah, unnie will meet them later. You go back and rest first okay. Unnie will be fine,” Jessica assured her baby sister after seeing her worried look.

 

Krystal nodded and went to relay the message to her Manager who then pass the message to Sunny who is at the next room. Not long after, they heard people leaving the room next door.

 

Sunny, Hyoyeon, Yuri & Sooyoung choose to leave from the front, capturing the attention of the remaining reporters that camped outside the venue at such late hours. Meanwhile, Jessica made her way out from the back, staying out of sight by the human wall of security.

 

After boarding their car, Yuri glance to the direction where Jessica left. “Yah, Sunny-ah, that is quite a lot of security. Won’t that capture more attention instead?” Sica-ah, we will meet soon. This is more nerve-wrecking than our debut.

 

“Those are uncle’s security..” Three pair of eyes looked at her shocked. “Hey.. i don’t have a choice okay.. We can’t risk letting reporters spot Jessica and make all sorts of assumption headlines before we even get to talk to her. That will definitely blow our chance away. The only person I know who can and willing to help us at such a short notice is uncle.”

 

“Yah.. SNSD chincha daebak ah! Even the founder listen to us! Sunny jjang!” Hyoyeon joke.