Not Alone

The promise made on that summer day

Last night, after putting Taeyeon in bed, Yuri met Yoona at the hallway, making their way back to their room. Suddenly they heard a “Click” from the main door.

 

“Did we forget to lock the door again?”

 

“I thought Manager oppa locked it when he left?”

 

“Then who is this at this hour?”

 

“Should we go see?”

 

“Ya, grab the baseball bat over there just in case.”

 

They whispered to each other while making their way to the main door, keeping as quiet as possible to not alert the “intruder”.

 

“Oof! Ow! Yah.. still the same..haizz” The voice spoke softly

 

“Eh? It’s a girl?” Yuri turned her head around and whisper to Yoona.

 

“The voice sounds familiar...!” Yoona replied back.

 

“Could it be…Omo!?”

 

“really??”

 

The two of them hurriedly turn on the lights and surprise their “intruder”

 

“Oh! You two are still awake?” Their “intruder” asked

 

“Fany!” “Fany unnie!” YoonYul ran and give Tiffany a hug.

 

“Why are you here? I thought we told you not to fly back and disrupt your classes?”

 

“Fany unnie, is this a dream? Omg everything that happens tonight is so unreal! Unnie, do you know..”

 

“Jessica is here right?” Tiffany asked and both YoonYul nodded their heads and it’s their turn to be surprised.

 

“Well to answer Yuri’s question first, there was classes but I received a text from Jess saying she is coming home. At first I thought it was a scam or something, then I message Krystal, who confirmed it. So immediately I book a flight back to Korea. How could I not be here for such important event?”

 

Once again, they went into a group hug. ”Are they all asleep? Let’s give them a surprise in the morning shall we?”

 

Morning

 

At the dining table, all nine of them gathered to have their breakfast. Everyone was staring at the feast in front of them. There are pancakes, ham & bacon, sausages, scrambled eggs, cereal & jug of milk and a huge pan of fried rice.

 

“Today’s breakfast is… prepared by…” Hyoyeon asked when she saw the familiar pan of fried rice. That looks like the legendary fried rice that I have eaten before…

 

“Breakfast was prepared by us.” said Jessica and TIffany.

No wonder it’s so American style

 

“Well I had jet lag and couldn’t sleep, so I decided to make breakfast for everyone.” Tiffany explained.

 

“I saw her in the kitchen when I woke up to get a drink, so we decided to make it together.” Jessica added. The rest of the girls gulped nervously, eyeing at each other to start first.

 

“I think I missed Tae’s and Hyo’s breakfast….” Sooyoung mumbled softly to herself.

 

“Sica-ah, i don’t think my body can take ‘oil bomb’ anymore..” Hyoyeon finally voiced out.

 

“Yah! My cooking improved a lot now! You can check with Krystal!” Jessica countered.

 

“I improved as well! Training from the few months of living alone in US!” Tiffany defend herself as well.

 

“I..err..guys, why don’t we just try it?..we won’t know unless we try right..? hur..hur..” Taeyeon stammered as her brain busy forming up new sentence as opposite of what she originally planned to say. The cause of this: Tiffany’s killer eye smile which she doesn't stand a chance against.

 

The rest of the girls were giving her death glare for that suggestion. Taeyeon had no choice but to be the first one to taste the food. Cutting a bite size of the pancake, ready to taste it. Dear God, I hope this pancake taste like a pancake(?), like sweet and not salty.

 

“...Hmm?!...” After the first bite in , that was Taeyeon’s immediate reaction. Unable to believe, she cut another piece to try. The rest were shocked when Taeyeon took a second bite.

 

“Yah, girls! It’s nice! Taste like the pancake we had at the cafe down the road! Wah! Fany ah, you really improved!” Taeyeon exclaimed while TIffany look pleased with the praise from Taeyeon and how she was eating the pancakes. Glad that TaeTae is eating well.

 

“What about my fried rice?” Jessica pouted when the rest were busy helping themselves with the pancakes.

 

“Err... i will try it.” Sooyoung offered since Taeyeon had already been the first to try the pancake. I’m still skinny, doesn’t matter much if it turns out to be ‘oil bomb’...right?

 

Jessica handed her a bowl of fried rice, Sooyoung scoop a spoonful of rice and immediately she noticed it wasn’t as oily as before. Maybe..this will be as good as Tiffany’s pancake...

 

Closing her eyes, she ate that spoonful of rice and immediately she spit it out, causing Jessica & Tiffany to laugh uncontrollably.

 

“Yah!”

 

Flashback 2 hours ago

 

Jessica woke up and decided to get a glass of water and probably prepare breakfast if the rest are not up yet. As she was approaching the kitchen, she smelled fragrances. Pancakes? Who’s cooking at this timing?

 

Peeping in, she saw her best friend Tiffany busy with the preparation of breakfast.

 

“Good morning Fany! Woah! you arrived last night?”

 

“Yah! You gave me a shock! What are doing here in the early morning? When i reach, you guys were all knocked out.”

 

“Jetlag.. couldn’t sleep anymore. Aren’t you the same? I thought you would take a few more days to arrive. Didn’t expect you flew over so fast. ”

 

“Don’t mention it. I was intending to fly back but a message from ‘someone’ just help to speed up the whole thing!”

 

“I’m glad you didn’t change your number..after so long..”

 

“I promised to be there when you call me. I’m really glad you did this time… have you all spoke about the..”

 

“Nope, how could we do that without you? Plus Taeyeon pass out yesterday, I didn’t want to give her additional stress”

 

“I heard from Yuri & Yoona last night. TaeTae needs to eat more..”

 

“Let me help you with breakfast. I can cook fried rice, the shikshins should like that”

 

“Fried rice? Are you sure?”

 

“Of course, I often cook for Krystal. She said it’s good!”

 

“Well, I can imagine their expression when they know it’s us that prepares the food!”

 

“Want try something special?” Jessica asked mischievously.

 

End of flashback

 

“Yah! Why is it me again? In the past it was salty kimbap, now it’s salty fried rice?” Sooyoung protest being the victim of the food prank twice.

 

“HAHAHAHA! It’s was random, we didn’t know who will get it, but I guess you were the chosen one!” Jessica replied.

 

The rest were laughing at Sooyoung’s plight. It’s been awhile since they had so much laughter during breakfast time. After Jessica left, they did pick themselves up but it just felt like a part was missing.

This time round, it felt complete, they are not alone anymore.