Reunite 9

The promise made on that summer day

After washing up, the eight girls gathered at the dining table with some snacks prepared. Taeyeon looked at the view in front of her, they used to do this when they were starting out, when they ventured into Japan at their dorm. But as the years pass by, they don’t really have the chance to do this with all the individuals schedules they had and in addition, some of the members moved out of the dorm as well. The 5-minute talk also evolved into a group chat where they would frequently use, throwing funny pictures and stuff. After Jessica’s departure, no one left the group chat and they tried reaching out to her but she wasn’t responding to them. She had dreamt of this scene countless time and now, it is real. She is real. If only Fany is here, it will be perfect.

 

“erm..are we just going to stare at the food?” the biggest shikshin commented, without taking her eyes off the food in front of her.

 

“I know you girls have many things to say, so do I. We still have time and I’m not running away anymore. So let’s just eat first, shall we?” Jessica spoke up first, looking at each one of them before giving a squeeze on Taeyeon’s hand when she notice the tears that started pooling in their kid leader’s eyes.

 

“yea..let’s eat first. We can leave the serious talk to later.” Taeyeon said

 

Looking at the spread in front of them, Jessica is still amazed at their appetite. It’s like before and whoever says SNSD only eats 1500 calories a day would definitely be blown away at this sight. There’s ramyeon, packed rice cake, porridge, clam soup, instant pizza, fried chicken and of course makgoli.

 

Taking a spoonful of the soup, she took a sip and asked “hmm.. Yuri-ah, is the soup in law of jungle really nice? oh and what about the one the Sooyoung cooked in Channel Soshi?”

 

“HAHAHAHA! ya! what are you guys doing?!” Jessica laughed at the sight of them.

 

She only lifted her head when she didn’t get any response for her question but only for her to find the goddess idol in their most comical looks. Sunny was holding onto the pizza with wide open, Yuri was chewing her fried chicken half way, so was Hyoyeon with the rice cake, the most comical would be Sooyoung with her noodles hanging out of . Everyone including Taeyeon, Yoona and Seohyun were frozen in their seats and look at her, shocked.

 

“You watch law of jungle?”

 

“You watch Channel Soshi?”

 

“OMG, daebak!”

 

“Sica-unnie…”

 

Everyone started asking at the same time, forgetting about their food.

 

“Yah! yah! yah! stop the tears maknaes, yes I did watch most of the programmes that you guys were on. Can’t be help when you guys hog all the channels you know?” she joked

 

“ehh..” They all chorused

 

“Ok ok, so how was it in law of jungle? I’m really curious”

 

“Ya, it was really no joke! Although a few of the crew stayed with us on the island with a local guide but we were still on our own. The 24 hours challenge, I can’t imagine I survived it without tools!”

 

“I can’t believe they made Yuri go on camera without washing her hair for 24 hours!”

 

Yah! Choi SooYoung!”

 

“But how did you get injured? I saw the photos of you at the airport.”

 

“Ah.. those bruises are probably from the crayfish hunting. The coral reefs were quite sharp, I didn’t realise until we were back on the island.”

 

“What about Sooyoung’s soup?”

 

“Argghh!”

 

“Don’t remind me about it!”

 

“Lucky I didn’t have to drink it!”

 

“Yah Sunny unnie, you should have texted us the recipe!”

 

“It wasn’t that bad okay…”

 

“Haha! Sunny-ah, you were so mean to leave them without the recipe!”

 

They spent the night catching up on the things that happen in the past 2 years over food and wine. Not long after, everyone was tired, especially the non-drinkers. Jessica and Sunny helped Sooyoung back to their room, while Hyoyeon and Yoona help Seohyun to Hyoyeon’s room and Yuri carried Taeyeon back to her room saw the empty pink bed. Fany-ah, if only you were here.

 

Beep..Beep..Click!
 

Ring~~ Ring~~Ring~~! Seohyun’s alarm went off promptly as soon as it hits 7:00am. Groggily, she woke up and for a moment wondered Where am I? Ah.. dorm, I need to wake unnies up.

 

With a throbbing headache, she gets up from her bed and went to wake her roommate first. This feels like in the past...

 

Flashback

 

Few years back in the morning

“Ring~Ring~Ring~”

 

“Unnie, time to wake up”

 

*noms noms* “i am already awake” *noms noms* someone answered under the blanket

 

“Unnies, time to wake up”

 

“Yah! Turn off the lights” muffled voices can be heard

 

“....”

 

“Unnies, time to wake up”

 

*no reaction*

 

“Unnies, time to wake up”

 

“Oh..ya mind your own business…” a voice answered dreamily

 

“....”

 

“Unnie, time to-”

 

“Good Morning, Hyunnie! Wae, where is the rest?”

 

“Unnie, they aren’t waking up..Taeyeon-unnie is cooking breakfast”

 

“Chincharo?! No problem, I will help you!”

 

-pulls out a bell- RIIINNNGGG~~

 

“Girls, time to wake up!” a voice hollered and doors starts to open

 

“Fany-unnie jjang!”

 

Flashback end

 

If only Fany-unnie is here…. She thought as she proceed to the next room with her eyes half closed and massaging her temple, hoping to lessen the pain.

 

“Oh Juhyunie, you are up so earlier? Need my help to wake them up?”

 

“Deh unnie…”

 

With a familiar loud bell and loud voice,  “Girls, time to wake up!”

 

The doors flung open and everyone stared in shocked at the person who just woke them up except for Jessica, Yuri & Yoona.

 

With her trademark eyes smile, she looked at them and said “ Girls are back!”