+ Chapter 5: Collaboration? +

Trust in Love [ON-HOLD/FOR EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wheein's POV 

 

Fumbling with my hands, I began to sweat coldly, racking the remains of my brain cells to think of something I did that could earn us scolding right now, or worse, a heavy punishment. I swear I've been a good girl in my 17 years of existence in the world and I did not do things that offended anybody nor anything worth of disciplinary actions. Well of course, aside from the closet incident which I might say, is really a "scold-worth" moment, if such a word do exists. 

 

"Will you please stop that? You're making me nervous."  Hyejin whispered at me as she grab hold of my hand, making it stop from being torn away from my body. Kidding! 

 

"How can I? This could be the last day I'm spending here on Earth." I said seriously but it only earned me a chuckle from her and a slight nudge. I brought my gaze back at the sitting CEO infront of us. From the moment we entered his office, up until now that we're dying from anxiety, he has not lifted his head to look at us, not even for a bit. This human, if only he isn't my boss, nor is he someone who literally has a control over me, I would have shouted and demanded an explanation from him as to why we are being mentally abused right now. But how would I dare myself to do that? I'm just a girl, living at the rock bottom of the food cycle. I'm his prey as he is my predator. 

 

Finally, after everything in history has been written, he found the will to look up at the poor young girls that are us. His face is seriously blank, that I had to force myself not to swallow the lump in my throat. I have to look confident, not scared. It would just give away the pretension of bravery. "Do you know why you are all here?" He asked, looking at the four of us. "Any guess?" He said, flatting his back on the swivel chair he's sitting on. Crossing his arms over his chest, he added, "Anything to confess?" Just as he said it, the strong will that I had seconds ago seemed to evaporate into thin air, kissing me goodbye. What's worse is that he said that certain sentence all the while he's looking at me, even putting the emphasis on the word confess. He knows?!! He really do know what happened?!! Hell, who am I kidding? Of course he does, Wheein! He is THE boss, the biggest person there is in the agency, though not literally, but he still is and there ain't gonna be a single thing that can change the fact that he has eyes, ears and mouth placed everywhere and everytime. 

 

On that note, none of us are moving, and I am hoping and praying that the unnies and Hyejin didn't lost the will to live, to breathe and whatever. I need them, yes. That's true. But I need them alive. A feeling of being in peril reigns over the atmosphere as silence plays its harp into our ears. At moments like this, even the sound of a thread falling on the floor would sound as if Earth and the moon collapsed into one another. 

 

I can't take it anymore. I would end up pulling my hair if this continues so I decided to fess up. It would be better if I'd just man up and admit it instead of letting him torture me into telling it. And right then, just as I made my mind, I opened my mouth to disclose everything, ready enough to kneel down and beg for forgiveness. I know! I'm exaggerating guys, yes, but hello? It's the only option that I'm left with to come out of this war alive. 

 

"Sir I--" 

 

"I'm just joking with you children, ease up!" Laughing, he actually said that as he clap his hands. I blinked thousand times per millisecond, that I'm afraid my lashes would fall out. The other membersare just as baffled as I am, I know cause I can see it by the looks on their faces. We exchanged glances, each has furrowed eyebrows and a perplexed look. I don't know what's happening and neither do they so asking them would be a waste of vocal chords. So what I just did then was to gape at Kim PDnim. who's still laughing to himself, obviously finding it hilarious how he managed to make us feel scared for our lives. "You kids are so easy to fool! If only you've seen how terrified you look, oh goodness, it's priceless!" 

 

Being awkward with the situation, we just let out an uncertain chuckle which sounded like a pig snorting in a fun way, waiting for him to calm himself down. As the moment came, he looked at us again, now with a more composed look, resting his arms on his desk. "Anyway Wheein, you were saying something?" At that one heck of a statement, I goggled at him, wishing he didn't find in himself the will to stop laughing. Because right now, I'm stuck with answering his question, unfortunately for me. Seeking for some useful brain cells, I searched for an answer. What should I say?! What should I say?! 

 

"Uhm, I just want to..." Breathe Wheein, breathe. "All I got to tell you is that, I uhm.. I actually uh... I..." Think!! My dear neurons will you please be useful even just for a second? I won't be asking for anything, just this one time! 

 

"You what?" He inquires with a raised eyebrow. I swallowed the lump in my throat, wandering my eyes on the office, trying to find something that can be of use. "Uhm.. I..I.. just wanted to say that... I was... uhm I was uhm... dyingoutofanxietyearlierandwishedyou'dtellusfaster." I blurted out in just one breath. Inhaling as much air as my lungs needed to, I mentally slapped myself for being so embarassing. I'm so ashamed and I just want the Earth to open up and eat me whole. "Uh, what I meant is that I was... uhm dying out of anxiety and wished that you'd uhm... tell us faster the reason... uh... we're here. That's all that I wanted to say sir, I'm sorry." I said with my head hanging low. It's a good thing that he just laughed it off or else we'd be in more problem. I looked at my unnies and they nodded at me with a relieved look, probably reassured that the CEO doesn't suspect about anything. 

 

"Okay, so back to the matter we are about to discuss. It is indeed a consequential factor that concerns your debut." At the mention of the word debut, the four of us exchanged looks that are of surprise and amazement with a hint of nervousness because he's not yet giving away hints of it being either a good or a bad thing. "All of the panels who scrutinized the performance you've presented, are all very much impressed with how good you kids are, even with some saying that the four of you are absolutely tremendous and exceptional. They all believe, as I do, that you have what it takes in keeping up in the intense competition in this industry. In other words, you are competent and proficient enough to debut." 

 

Hearing him say all of this, I can't believe my ears. It's really a great feeling that we are being acknowledged by those who are expert in the music industry and them commenting how good they think we are, is enough for us to have enough confidence about our group. I really have a good feeling about this. "And with that, I am sure enough that you'll be able to contribute remarkable and extraordinary things in this industry. But in order to hone you more, to mold you into a much better piece of gem, Bang PDnim and I decided that the one thing you needed is flexibility." 

 

"He as well, is planning to debut a boy group and I've been present in their evaluations that I can say how admirable and fine the group is. When compared with you, the main focus of the group is dance and choreography as it is vocally for the four of you right?" We just nodded at him, waiting for more there is he has to say. It sounds exciting though and of course nerve-wrecking. "Given that differences, we decided to have the two groups collaborate for a set of perforamances that would serves an evaluation, both by group and individual." With that, our mouths were all left hanging in shock. 

 

Challenges are exciting, but I didn't expect the CEO to actually let us collaborate with a boy group for an evaluation. Like really? He has always separated us, the girl trainees with the boys in avoidance of anyone having unnecessary relationships, and now he'd want us to collaborate with a boy group from another agency? I can see his point though, but it still is shocking. 

 

"What do you girls say?" He asks with a proud smile on his face. He probably compliments himself for such a brilliant idea they're about to execute. 

 

"Sir, you mean to say that by having a collaborated evaluation with a boy group, who focuses on their dancing and choreography, we would be able to focus on our dance as well?" Yongsun unnie asks in a very careful manner, "And that the other group would be able to learn something from us as well in terms of vocal and harmonies?" Byul unnie chirped in, completing the idea of a sentence of Yongsun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter