+ Chapter 13: Suspicions They Didn't Know Were Right +

Trust in Love [ON-HOLD/FOR EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Namjoon's POV 

Closing the book that I was reading, I met Jimin's questioning eyes as he peeks his head at the door. "No, I haven't. Why do you ask?" I turn to my right to look at the clock just hanging right above the fireplace. 9:31 it says. "I wasn't really aware where he is since I was busy preparing a song last night. Have you asked the girls? Maybe one of them saw him." I rose from my seat and walked alongside of him as we head to the girls' bedroom. "No hyung. I don't think they're awake yet. Well, I only asked Jin hyung cause you two are the only ones that are up. He's at the kitchen right now preparing our breakfast." he answered. We stopped and turned around as we thought it wouldn't be nice to bother the girls who may still be asleep. Instead, we make our way to the kitchen where Jin's back greeted us. He's so indulged in cooking that he didn't notice our presence. 

 

"Hyung" Jimin called out to him as we place ourselves at the counter. "Namjoon hyung doesn't know where he is either." Jin, who's now placing fried eggs in a plate, turned to me with a confused look. "Really? Well, maybe he's just outside jogging or something. Stop worrying so much Jimin, I think you're overreacting. It's not like Taehyung's gonna run from home, you know." 

 

"No hyung, I'm not worried, just suspicious. I think he's out to meet his girl." I threw him a questioning look before I get up from my seat to make myself some coffee. I was up til midnight and barely got any sleep because of everything that has happened yesterday. Wheein and I are on the same group and I am working so well with her that I still can't believe how smooth our interactions were last night. Maybe the reason why I hadn't gotten any sleep was because I was busy being so excited about today. Without anyone asking him, Jimin continued on with relaying his thoughts. "Remember when Taehyung met a girl at the Han River? I'm thinking that maybe Taehyung went out to kind of look for her? I'm not really sure but I just have the feeling. I swear he wasn't on his bed last night." 

 

"What makes you say that?" I asked him. "Well, I got up from my bed cause I was planning on snuggling with him but turns out he wasn't there. I thought that maybe he just went to the bathroom so I just laid there and then I've fallen asleep and when I wake up he still isn't there. Then I asked Jin hyung if he saw him and he didn't, and neither did you hyung, so I've checked everywhere but he's nowhere to be found! I'm telling you hyungs, Taehyung's out there with his girl!" he replied, his voice rising at the end of his sentence with a hint of excitement. 

 

"What's going on?" a very sleepy Yoongi entered and Jimin wasted no second to leap onto him. "Hyung!! Taehyung's out there meeting his girl!" He shouted right on his ear that Yoongi pushed Jimin's face away from him with a frown. He went to my side to make himself some coffee instead. "Why are you being so loud in the morning?" he asked, still a frown etched on his face but Jimin couldn't care less. "I'm gonna go and tell Jungkook!" He shouts as he went on his way towards our bedroom. Fifteen seconds later, we hear Jungkook growling as he complains against Jimin. The three of us just shake our heads in amusement. I don't think Taehyung's out to meet a girl, it's just not his type to be someone who goes all out for some girl he doesn't even know yet. Maybe Jimin's just way out of his head to be that excited for Taehyung. After all, he's the one who's been teasing Taehyung the most about a girl he kinda had a crush on. 

 

"Well..." I heard someone say from behind me. I turned and see Yoongi gesturing for us to sit at the dining table. Seeing how busy Jin is at cooking, I grabbed my mug and followed him. I know what this conversation's going to be and I, up til now, still don't know if I'm ready to tell Yoongi the one thing I'm sure he'd be very pissed of.

 

"I was utterly stupid last night." I started slowly, letting out a sigh as I take my seat across from him, and recall things from last night. " You know how everyone besides us and Hyejin know that Wheein and I are... uh.. bestfriends before, right? Well, Taehyung wanted us three to formally introduce ourselves--" I paused and looked down to avoid the judgment in Yoongi's eyes. "Well.. uhm.. I sort of did. I did introduce myself as if we're both strangers and it appeared that Wheein--she was about to correct Taehyung that there isn't a need to do so. But then I..." 

 

"You did what?" he questioned, exasperation evident in his tone. I can feel his questioning eyes burning a hole on me that I didn't have the courage to lift my head up. "What the actual--why did you do that? Are you insane?" he continued, his voice rising. He caught himself and tried to lower down his voice as he remembered that Jin's just a few feet away from us. "What did you do that for?" 

 

"I.. I don't know. I got nervous okay? I don't know how to act around her and you know that. I don't even know what to say. I sort of panicked, and I... I only did it.. m-maybe because when we first saw them she acted like she didn't know me and so I thought that's how she wants things to be. I tho--" 

 

"You really are a fool, Namjoon. I mean, what would you expect her to do? Did you expect her to welcome you with open arms and a warm smile with confettis flying around? Of course she'd act the way as she's doing now! After all, you're the one who--" 

 

"Wow, smells good!!" Hoseok entered the room, ever so brightly, that Yoongi was cut off on his sentence. I finally raised my head up and looked at Yoongi whose eyes are telling me this conversation isn't over yet. I just nodded at him in understanding. Later on, our members are all gathered in the kitchen, waiting for breakfast; the maknaes trying to help Jin out in cooking but with how chaotic and childish they are, Jin always ends up scolding them. 

 

"Good morning!" We all turned to look at Yongsun, who's smiling brightly at us, and greeted her back and Byul, who went straight to Jin after waving at us. "Wow, it's great that we have our own chef here. It smells so good." Yongsun complimented Jin who gladly returned her smile. She then starts on making her coffee, asking us if anyone wants as well. "I want coffee too noona." Jungkook raised his hand in the air with a cheeky grin in a somewhat squeaky voice to which Yongsun returned with a sweet smile. "Sure, coming right up." We all exchanged teasing glances caused by Jungkook's evident act of being a baby. He's always acting cute when he's around the girls, making use of the fact that he's the youngest lad here. Yoongi even stood up from his seat, went straight to Jungkook who's sitting by the counter, and elbowed him on the side. I just smirked and changed the subject. 

 

"So how was your night?" I asked to which Byul answered with a shrug. "Nothing special. We all just went straight to bed after we're done." she just placed Jin's cooked food on a plate before giving it to Jimin, who's busy on arranging the dining table. "By the way, do you guys know anything that we can do for fun? We girls actually had a talk about, you know, spending time with you all" she added as she makes her way back to Jin. "Oh yeah? That's interesting. It never hurts to have some fun." Says Yoongi as he leans on the counter. 

 

"We could plan something up. Maybe later when we're complete and done with breakfast." Jin suggested. "Anyways, have you guys seen Taehyung? That guy there's so worked up at finding him. He's not in his bed when we woke up, though we've seen him go to bed last night." he added as he turned to look at Byul whose expression is etched with curiosity.

 

"Really? Maybe he just went out or something. I didn't see him, though. Have you, unnie?"

 

"Nope" Yongsun replied after she took a sip from her coffee. "Actually, now that you've mentioned it, I noticed that Wheein isn't here. She hasn't arrived yet? Have you seen her come?" she asks, throwing glances at each of us. We just shook our heads and said no. "Figures." she says in a low voice before going back in making Jungkook's coffee. 

 

"Anyways, let's hang out by the lounge in the afternoon to make some plans." says Hoseok who appears to be a little bit too excited. 

 

"You kinda look like you already have some ideas on your mind." Yongsun teased as she gives Jungkook, who still has a grin plastered on his face, his coffee. "Yeah, just look at his cheekbones. Its about to meet the heavens" Byul added before letting out a chuckle. We all turned to look at Hoseok and as he really looked like such a ball of sunshine with that smile. 

 

A few minutes passed and we are now on our own places at the dining table, except for Taehyung, who's for some reason, still not around, and also Hyejin who's still asleep. Wheein isn't back from the agency so she's not here either. As everyone's busy with chatting on some random fun topics, I, on the other hand, can't sit still as I throw glances back at the kitchen's entrance, waiting for her to come. I was so excited about today that I'm being so restless. Oh, if only she knows how relieved I was that she kinda warmed up and interacted with me last night. I wasn't able to sleep properly cause I was busy making up plans on how I should make her converse with me once more. I sort of had a list in my mind of things we both could talk about while preparing a performance, list of songs I know she likes that maybe we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter