+ Chapter 12: The Horror and The Sparks +

Trust in Love [ON-HOLD/FOR EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been a long time since I updated this fanfic so now, we gotta do some recap. It won't be surprising if you guys has already forgotten about this fic so this is kinda important for us to go on with the story: 

The story starts with Taehyung feeling some sort of guilt towards Wheein, who is apparently hurt by something he did, and is outright ignoring him. To know the reason as to why, we traveled back in 2012 where all 11 of them are still trainees and there we discovered bits of information hinting that something's wrong between Wheein and Namjoon, to which only Hyejin and Yoongi has a knowledge of. During the chapter where Taehyung and Wheein had a conversation about some girl in Namjoon's life, she walked out (clearly devastated with everything she's heard), got drunk, and was picked up and taken care of by Taehyung, who's obviously concerned about her. He took her to their old dorm (the one where the seven of them used to stay at before the cabin) and planned something "fun" for her.

 

Author’s POV 

Her hands are trembling so hard as she tries to untangle the ropes that are trapping the both of them as they stood in a raised squared platform, willing herself to ignore the deafening shrills of the dead asylum patients around their vicinity. She’s so scared right now as it feels like she’s really inside a haunted asylum and that she’s gonna die if they won’t be able to make it out of here alive. Sweat makes her hand slippery and the noise around them scares her so dang much she couldn’t focus. 

 

“C’mon Wheein.. Just hurry, you can do it.” she said underneath her breath. She’s trying to calm herself and makes sure she’s breathing just right. She don’t wanna pass out in this place. Who knows what would happen to them if she does. She knows she gotta leave her coward self behind and do things right. Taehyung, on the other hand, despite the panic that’s starting to creep in his being, still glances back at Wheein from time to time, to check if she’s alright. Since the start of the game, she really was shaking out of fear and it only made him feel worried. Thankfully though, she isn’t crying and is actually very much in a sound mind that she was always able to help in solving things out. 

 

“Are you alright? Are you okay?” he asked, concern is pretty much evident in his tone. He looked at her and then she turned and met his eyes. She just nodded her head and turned away quickly. It was just a second but he clearly saw how she’s just a thin line away from crying. She looks so scared that it made him feel even more guilty. “Well don’t worry, we’ll make it.” He said trying to convince the both of them. 

 

Just then, a sound of a bomb exploding was heard and the lights suddenly went out. He instinctively looked for and reached out to Wheein as he heard her scream. He extended his arms and hurriedly held her protectively. 

 

“What’s that?” He heard her whisper. He didn’t know either and he only hopes it isn’t too frightening cause he don’t think Wheein could handle any more of these things. He was about to answer when fog came and covered the whole place making it hard for them to see. As if it’s not yet enough, red and white lights blinked furiously as a sound of alarm erupted. 

 

“We have to move faster.” He said and they both hurried back in trying to escape out of the trap. They both are squinting their eyes as the lights are making it hard for them to see and untangle the ropes. There was another explosion that made the two of them jump but this time it was joined by the deafening shrills of the dead patients. Their eyes widen as they realized that these shouts are nearing them. Like it's coming for them. Then comes another explosion. 

 

Without any words, Taehyung finally managed to untangle his side of the trap but isn't yet big enough to help them escape. They won't fit in there. And so in a hurry, he went and helped Wheein. Unknowingly, he just encircled his arms around her and they both try and untangle the ropes, which are connected on her side, together. 

 

"It's fine, it's fine, don't be scared" he kept on saying through his breath as he can feel her shiver a little from fear. From panic. Her hands are also trembling and she keeps on wiping the sweat on her forehead. Seeing her in this state, he felt even more sorry. 

 

He may not know it but the moment he went near her, she felt a little relieved. She's somewhat calmed down with the thought that she could rely on someone. Even if that someone is as playful and as childish as Taehyung. At the start of the game, they went on with their usual bickering selves but as soon as the missions, riddles, and their destinations became more and more frightening, she became more scared in the same way as he became more caring and protective of her. In other words, the Taehyung that she knows is far way different from the Taehyung she's with, right here, right now. And with all honesty, she's very much grateful to him. 

 

The banging on the door snapped the both of them out of their thoughts. Loud cries from behind it were heard and to say that it’s chilling is an understatement. Both Wheein and Taehyung wasted no second and hurried in freeing themselves from the trap. Little by little, they hear the door giving in from the weight of those that are on the other side. The lights began to blink even more furiously than it already did. The sound of an alarm flared up. They now hear the drums that are the sound of their beating hearts. They began to panic. The shrills of those that are coming after them became nearer and nearer. There’s no time left. They’re doomed. 

 

With the last stretch of their efforts, the ropes finally fell limp on their hands and Taehyung hurriedly stepped out and helped Wheein, pulling her and coming on to the other door. 

 

“It’s locked!! Taehyung, it’s locked!!” Wheein shouted, trying to let her voice rise above the deafening sound of the alarm. He wasted no time and banged his body on the door trying to open it. Wheein then looked back and saw the dead patients heads’ already peeking in. She shakes her head in worry. The door won’t be able to hold those up any longer. She looked around, trying to search for something useful. 

 

“C’mon, c’mon, c’mon” Wheein whispered to herself. Then what caught her eye made her heart skip a beat. A hole. There is a hole on the floor. A hole so little it’s easy to miss. “Holy...” she mumbled as she ran to it, hoping that it is what she think it is. She lifted the debris covering it and thanked the ones who heard her prayer as she pulled it open. She was right. The hole that she saw on the floor was like a hidden compartment wherein a box of keys were found. She ran back to Taehyung who moved aside, and hurriedly tried the keys one after the other. 

 

“Oh come on!!” She shouted as the fifth key didn’t work. “It’s okay, it’s okay. You’re doing fine.” Taehyung said as he gives her another key. The blinking lights make it hard for Wheein to see as it only slowed her down. Not to mention the amount of keys she had to try in it for the door to open. Her hands are trembling and sweats are rolling down on her face. She got to find the key, and do it fast. 

 

On her ninth key, the lights stopped blinking, turned red; and the sound of the alarm suddenly rang off even louder. They both turned and saw the door was finally broken down and the dead patients are now running to them. Just in time, Wheein turned the knob and the door finally opened. They hurriedly went inside and locked the door. Taehyung did not want to stay there and so she pulled Wheein and entered another room. Where they are in a safer distance, away from those people with deadass scary costumes and makeup.

 

“That.. was.. so.. close..” he said, panting. Wheein didn’t answer and instead she plopped herself down in exhaustion and rested her head against the wall. She closes her eyes as she tries to catch her breath; completely oblivious to how Taehyung gazes at her with a soft expression on his face. He lowers himself, squats down in front of Wheein and stared at her even more. Not one could make out what his eyes are trying to say but it is filled with so much unsaid emotions. So much, that not his eyes nor his lips could ever bear say. Because in all honesty, he himself does not know what the h3ll is wrong with him these past few days. He's never been this interested nor concerned with anyone in his life before. Without any words, he lifted a hand to brush her hair that’s fallen on her face, but stops mid-air. Pulling his hand back, he smiled. A rather sad one. 

 

With a sigh, he placed himself beside Wheein and held her head down, placing it on his shoulders. “Don’t protest. This is the least I can do for you in this situation.” he said before letting out a chuckle. 

 

“Oh no, I won’t. After all, this is the least I deserve in this situation.” She replied coolly as both glanced at each other sideways and laughed. Wheein even elbowed him on the side that he faked out a yelp. They stayed sitting in silence as they look on the wall opposite them. Taehyung even placed his head on top of hers and smiled. 

 

“This is nice.” Wheein suddenly said in the midst of the silence that’s reigning over them. “Even though I’m this close to dying, I’m happy.” she paused. Removing her head from his shoulders, she looked at him and smiled. “Thank you.”

 

He returned the gesture by smirking. “Thanks for what? For being a genius or for having such a brilliant mind?” she shakes her head, amused at the question, and just replied, “You’re impossible. You know I was being serious right? Why does my words always have to feed your ego, huh?” 

 

“I’m just stating a fact though. Can’t blame a guy who’s as smart as I am.” 

 

“You mean to say, as egotistical as you are, right?” 

 

“It’s okay. I’d take that too.” Wheein nudged him on the side as they both laugh. 

 

“But I do agree with you. With everything that’s happening in our lives right now, we deserve to have this kind of fun. Although, I must say, you are just a thin line away from bawling your eyes out; I am happy to know you’re enjoying this.” He said, grinning. He even subtly threw an insult at Wheein for saying that she’s a crybaby. 

 

“I’m not!!!!” she shouted, shutting her eyes from embarrassment, placing her head back on his shoulders. Taehyung looks down at her and lets out a chuckle. Teasing her is really fun for him. 

 

“It is true though!!” He teased even more, and mimicked her facial expressions earlier, exaggerating each time. She didn't look but the sounds he make are funny that she can't help but laugh along with him. “Well, can you even blame me for having to see such scary faces and hear their chilling screams and voices? No you can’t!” she said, almost whining. 

 

“And you actually don’t have the right to tease me, mister. Cause you’re looking so scared as well. You’re also just this close to crying.” she added and he laughed. Wheein isn’t done yet though, she removed her head from his shoulders and faced him. 

 

“Later this night, if I can’t even close my eyes and catch some sleep, I’d walk down your room and won’t let you have any sleep either. I can’t be the only one to suffer, when it’s actually you who brought us in here.” 

 

“I already told you Wheein-ah, I didn’t know it’d be a horror-themed escape room. Who even wants to see those scary faces?” he retorted. “A

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter