Case 3, File 15: Blurred

The Mind of the Quiet.
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jackson tapped his finger on the resawn table. He constantly looked at his watch until a woman with black heels and a red dress came in. She knew exactly where to sit as she made her way inside the restaurant. "You're early, normally I'm the one being stood up." A smirk grew on her lips as she sat in front of Jackson. The young man had no response to her greetings and she understood immediately that this wasn't that type of engagement. "What's going on?" Jackson looked at her with a sad smile. "Can you do me a favor?"

 

Jinyoung drove with BamBam to the warehouse in the middle of nowhere. It took some time before he realized that they were in the outskirts of Incheon. BamBam was fast asleep, leaving Jinyoung to his thoughts. What happened a few hours ago made his body stiffen and chills raided his body like leeches. 

 

8:30 P.M., Seoul

 

Ji-Sung ran back to the line that sat on a tree stub. "Jinsoo!? I'm here! Tell me everything you've found!" The rest of the group gathered around Ji-Sung, whose eyes shown a hint of fear, something they've never seen before. "...Ji-Sung there's a letter that stated, "A little too late..." God...this...this bastard killed so many children. I think they were apart of a human trafficking scheme." Ji-Sung nodded hesitantly, "Did you see anything suspicious, the location, locker, any of it?" Jinsoo was silent for a moment. "Jinsoo?" Ji-Sung called his name. "T-There...there was a girl working the shift..." Ji-Sung's eyebrow raised. "Jinsoo...where is the girl now?" The line was silent, after a good two minutes it hung up. Ji-Sung rose up trying to stay calm as he turned towards his team. "What happened? What did Jinsoo say, is he okay?" JB was worried for his friend, after this blood bath he didn't know how safe any of the officers were. Ji-Sung threw his car keys to Jinyoung. "Go to the warehouse with BamBam and rest up...tomorrow's gonna be a long day. JB you're with me." Each of them nodded to each other, a confirmation to believe that everyone was fine for the time being.

 

Present 

 

Jinyoung turned the car into the warehouse parking lot. He didn't see another vehicle, but he did notice that the doors were slightly opened. Someone's in there. Jinyoung parked the car and turned off the ignition. He was planning on waking BamBam, but seeing how stress out he was earlier didn't seem like a favorable idea now. He pushed his car door opened and slammed it back. Whipping out his gun, slowly maneuvering to the door. Once he was inside, he checked around every nook and cranny. As soon as he thought the coast was clear he heard a noise from behind. He spun around with his gun straight ahead finding his view filled with the strange man from before. "Mark?" 

 

Jackson placed his flash drive on her side of the table. "What's this?" She asked with curiosity. "I need you to protect that for me...will you?" She looked at him, and nodded with no further explanation. As much as Jackson loved to talk there were some things you shouldn't push on him. She took a sip of the beer that was ordered for her. "Why d

Please log in to read the full chapter