Case 2; File 10: Demons

The Mind of the Quiet.
Please log in to read the full chapter

Mark held his ears until he made it towards the ocean. He couldn't control where his feet stepped to or the directions that he was being pulled towards. He just wanted the voices to stop, the pain to stop, his own heart to stop. He marched into the ocean, until he submerged his entire body beneath the surface. Curling his body up, and closing his eyes. This was his only safe heaven. A near death experience. Those strange voices that resemble men, children, and women will only go away when he's about to die. Sometimes when he actually experiences death, but somehow his conscience finds its way back to the living and he's haunting with a repeating cycle of noise. 

 

JB finally made it to the murder scene. Ji-Sung and the others were sitting outside. It was silent, and the atmosphere seemed empty. He got out of his broken-down car, and held up the notepad. "Ji-Sung!" They all looked up. Ji-Sung held a cocky smile. "ABOUT DAMN TIME YOU BASTARD!" JB laughed as he made his way towards his team. "I got the confession you asked for...but what's going on here?" He gave BamBam a warm handshake, and looked towards the apartment that was now closed off. "Second murder, possibly the same guy, but no sledgehammer found here." Jinyoung sat in deep thought. If Mark was here, then where is he now? 

JB sighed. "Another one, we better be on our toes before we're the next victims." Jinsoo rubbed his forehead full of sweat. "Damn, I think I'm already dead from seeing the bodies." JB chuckled, Jinsoo was always scared of blood, death, and anything relevant to detective work. He looked to Ji-Sung who was reading the notes. "I found some interesting details." Ji-Sung looked away from the notes. "Apparently the chief of the Seoul Police Academy was tailing the girl the night she was killed." Jinyoung's eyes shot upward. He felt a little offended. "Say that again you bastard!?" JB glared at him. "Oh...you're a former Seoul Police Academy graduate, your damn chief might be accused of ual assault, , or the murder of that girl's death. He seems to be a prime suspect." Jinyoung grabbed him by the collar. "Damn you, you bastard!" Ji-Sung got between the two, pushing Jinyoung back. "WE DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS BULL!" Both men held daggers in their glares. Ji-Sung looked towards Jinyoung, pushing him back once again so his focus was on him. "I told you, we're here to solve cases, if you don't have the guts to stay then get the hell out my sight! I don't care where the hell you graduated from! You are a detective, our jobs is to find the truth, throw your damn loyalty away, and put it towards the people who need to serve their time. Do. You. Understand?" 

 

Jinyoung sighed. He wanted to scream. He wanted to choke the hell out of JB. He wanted to kick Ji-Sung in the balls. But, but he knew what they were saying was true. He couldn't deny that. He turned away. "Where the hell you going!?" Jinsoo yelled as Jinyoung started walking in a different direction. "To cool my mind off you fat bastard!" JB scratched the back of his head, as Jinsoo stood up to fight his . "Seriously, he has a sizzling hot temper." BamBam stated under his breath. "Let's go, we got work to do." Ji-Sung said with a smile. 

 

Jinyoung made his way to the ocean. It was only mid-day, but the view was as equally stunning as it would be if you woke up first thing in the morning. He proceeded to take a seat on the warm sand,

Please log in to read the full chapter