Chapter 9

Transcendent

"I see it" Minho said, looking at me with surprised eyes. I looked at Tiffany, and our eyes met. "She sees it too, that's why she came here" he added. Tiffany nodded, still looking at me. "But Juniel saw it first, before you left to save Prism. She said that she tried to tell you about it but you didn't hear it" he said again.

I remember the moment where Juniel said something but I didn't understand, I was too focused at Tiffany. I felt suddenly felt sorry.

I walked towards Tiffany's direction and looked at the hot pink flame upclose. It looks beautiful and a little scary at the same time, I wonder what it means? I sat on the vacant chair right infront of Tiffany and our eyes suddenly met. Her beautiful round eyes are staring directly into mine, and I'm still trying to figure out who she is and what kind of non-human being she is. I looked away looked at Minho instead when our staring contest became a little awkward. "So how's the creature?" I asked, referring to the creature that I sent earlier.

Minho pulled his desk drawer out and took out a clean white folder, then pushed the drawer back before opening the folder. He showed a scan of the so called creature but it was very hard to identify. "In order for me to inspect it throughly, I burned it down and put it on one of my computers. But there was nothing, Taeyeon-ah" he said. Tiffany looked at me when Minho mentioned my name, then I remembered; I never introduced my self properly to her. How nice of me. "Results show nothing but sand, but it's magical. Even if we get rid of it by punching kicking or even burning...I think?...they're not dead. The only way to get rid of them entirely is to kill the one who is controlling them" he said before keeping the picture again.

"Now about Tiffany's flame..." I said, my voice trailing off as our eyesbmet again. I let out a fake cough and watch as Minho sat comfortably on his chair.

"I believe that the flame became visible because of the time that she spen here in Prism" he said, Tiffany looked at me again. "I called Seulgi over for her blood sample, and results show nothing, just like a normal person. I predict that her powers will slowly come out at anytime" he added.

"Tiffany..." I called her, she looked at me in a confused way. "Can you stare at one of Minho's books on his shelf and try to think that you're pulling it out?" I asked, Tiffany nodded once and stared at one of the books. Minho and I watched carefully and our eyes widened as the whole bookshelf started to shake.

It shook for a while and some books started to fall down one by one. The shaking got intense until all of the books fell down. "Woah" Minho said. Tiffany stood up and bowed to Minho and me.

"I'm sorry...I-I didn't mean to...I-" she said, trying to apologize but Minho's lips curved into an amazed smile.

"That was so cool" he said before standing up and looked at the books scattered all over the floor. Some books are opened to a specific page and some was just facing down on the ground.

Tiffany stood up "I'm really sorry, I'll-" she said, attempting to pick the books up, but I stopped her by holding her wrist.

"Don't worry, just let it be" I said, Tiffany's eyes was filled with worry again. "Relax, just sit down, okay?" I added, she just shook her head this time.

I watch as Minho bent down to pick a specific book, but it wasn't just a book... I didn't notice that all of the books were facing down, except for the book that was opened in one specific page, the book that Minho picked up.

"Lee Soonkyu" he said, reading the name of the blue flamed Prim that has red colored iris.

"Right, how can we forget about her?" I said, while facepalming and Minho just laughed at me.

I looked at Tiffany again who looks just like a lost kid at the grocery store before holding her hand and said: "let's go"

***

 

How could I forget about Soonkyu? She is probably of the Prim who knows absolutely anything and everything—may it be about humans, prims, or falcons; she knows evrerything. We figured that it is best to ask her about Tiffany's pink flame and why the falcons try to attack her.

 

But the only problem is that she's too far away. We have to cross a forest, a cold Antartica-like place, and a place with errupting volcanoes and overflowing hot lava. Who knew that Prism could be this...wide?


Her place is a huge black palace. It's huge and it looks so scary. The place has figurines of dragons, lions and a two-headed fat monster. The atmosphere of the whole place feels gloomy and scary. Minho lowered down to my level to whisper something in my ear. "Are you sure this is hers?" he asked.

I nodded while we look around. Bats started to fly from left to right in groups and in lightning speed. I looked at Tiffany who is standing on my right side who is also looking around, her eyes are filled with worry and her body seems tensed.

Moments later, she suddenly looked at me. She probably felt that I was staring at her, and I didn't notice that I was staring at her for quite a while now.

"Why?" she asked. I shook my head.

"Let's go in" I said.

I felt a soft pair of hands gripping on my arms in all of a sudden as we walk inside the dark castle. I looked to my side and Tiffany was holding my arm. She looks frightened as she observe ghe interiors of the gloomy castle. "You okay?" I asked, she nodded slowly. Her grip got thighter when we stopped infront of a room and the huge black door suddenly opened.

"This place is like straight out of a horror movie" Minho said. Right, it was hir first time here.

I go here often, just to visit the stupid Soonkyu. We're close and . She goes to Prism somtimes too, but not as often as I did when I visit her here on her place. She really doesn't like bright places such as my Aerie, which explains why her place is this hollow.

She lives alone but she has a couple of her so called "pets". She has a golden lion, a cheetah, and even an elephant on the back part of her place. But her favorite is Sogeum, a pure white tiger. Sogeum is a beautiful tiger with eyes just like her owner, eyes that looks like she will eat you whole.

Going back to now, we entered the room that has its door opened by itself. We saw her sitting on her huge black couch with a console on her hand. She was playing a video game on her VERY huge flat screen tv that is connected to the wall. Not to mention, the tv is the same size as the wall itself.

The word 'paused' was flashed in the screen and a small but y figure stood up and stretched her arms. "You didn't say that you were coming" she said before turning around and walked towards our directions. "oh, hi there Minho" she said and Minho just smiled. She looked at Tiffany and het eyes widened when she noticed the flame. She then looked at me and to Tiffany again in disbelief.

I nodded slowly.

"Come" she said, pulling Tiffany by her wrist. Her grip is not tight, and Tiffany followed along.

"Don't worry" I whispered. Tiffany looked at me while the four of us walked through a dark hallway to somewhere only the owner of this huge palace knows.

Through the darkness, I felt her soft hands mine again, but it's cold. She's scared. I gave her hand a soft squeeze for assurance, which made her hand felt more relaxed.