Chapter 6

Transcendent

There is something about her that I couldn't quite put a finger on, something about her flame. She even seem to take over my mind to the point that I couldn't sleep well last night. Did she use her powers on me? But that seems impossible since she isn't even aware that she has a flame. But why can't I stop thinking about her? Everytime I close my eyes and try to sleep, I see pink. Did she just hypnotize me or something?

I sat silently on a comfy chair on Seulgi's lab, waiting for updates about the flame. She's looking at Tiffany's blood information and contents through a huge computer screen. She turned around to look at me and sighed.

"Nothing" Seulgi said with a frown as she tries to look harder on the screen, hoping that she will get something. "There's nothing. Her blood seems normal" she said again and walked towards me. "Are you sure that she has a flame?"

"Why would I waste my time on any of this if i don't see anything?" I asked, my voice accidentally rose. Seulgi lowered her head. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to raise my voice" I said before face palming. "I just hate it when people thinks I'm lying when I'm really telling the truth. I really won't waste my time on a human if there's nothing about her." I added before standing up, Seulgi looked at me. "I'm not mad, okay? I'll go see Minho" I said before exiting the lab and headed straight towards Minho's room.

He was sitting on his office chair with his feet raised up on his table while he was playing a game on his phone.

"What the.." I said, closing the office door behind me. "Why are you not working on the task I gave you?"

"Wait wait" he said, still playing on his phone. Sounds of gunshots were heard from his phone. "" he said before slamming his phone on the table and sat properly this time. "What did you say again?"

"The task—"

"Ah! The pink flame!" he said rather excitedly, giving me a little bit of hope. I sat on the chair across him.

"What? You got anything?" I asked, my hopes rairing up to the roof.

"No..." he said, his face turned sad. My eyebrows furrowed. "But!! I've foynd something about an unusual colored flame. It said that..." he said as a book came flying down to his desk, already opened on the page he was reffering to.  "...he or she might be a late bloomer or something—the powers, I mean. This book said that it is better to like train her while waiting for the power to come out entirely, then we can find out about the unusual flame more easily" he said, before sending the book back to it's place and he returned back to his position from earlier.

"Thanks, I'll contact her so that we can discover her powers together" I said.

Minho let out a loud fake laugh as his phone started to make those shooting sounds again. "What do you mean 'we?' this is your problem boss, I'm just taking your orders" he said as he rapidly pressed the screen of his phone.

I walked around to look at what he is playing. It was a shooting game on a person's 3rd point of view. I don't know the title since I rarely play games now.

"Rules of Survival" he said, aiming at that one person as he lay down low on the ground with which I believe is a shot gun and her let a soft victory "yes" after killing that person.

"Fine" I said, walking away from the table and heading through the door. "I'll train her myself. Just be sure that you'll do anything that I'll order quickly" I added, I looked back at him and his left hand is in the air with the "okay" sign. I smiled and shook my head before leaving.

I floated towards my room while I'm hugging a bag of popcorn with my right arm. I lay comfortably on my bed and decided to watch tv. But when I was about to grab the remote which is just right beside me, I grabbed my phone instead. Then I remembered her. I decided to text her.

[Taeyeon] : Hey :) where are you?  •

I pressed send before finally turning in the tv and putting a piece of popcorn in my mouth. While I was chewing, my phone lit up from a notification.

[Tiffany] : Going home from school (: why? Seems like you're not stalking me today ㅋㅋㅋ jk

[Taeyeon] : I'm not stalking you -_- Just asking. Can you come over at Prism tomorrow?

[Tiffany] : Prism?

[Taeyeon] : Yes. This place. The place where I brought you over yesterday

[Tiffany] : Oh so that's the name of your place...pretty name. Sure. Why? Are there any results from my blood sample?

[Taeyeon] : Thanks. And no, there are no results yet. I'll explain everything tomorrow.

[Tiffany] : Okay. Wherever shall we meet?

[Taeyeon] : Just stay at your place. You're living alone, right?

[Tiffany] : Yup. You really are a stalker 😂

[Taeyeon] : I am not.

[Tiffany] : Okay okay. Can I ask you something?

[Taeyeon] : Go ahead. •

I waited for her reply, but it has been 30 minutes since she last replied.

[Taeyeon] : Tiffany?

Nothing. Another 30 minutes has passed and I still have no reply. I suddenly felt odd. The hairs on my arm started to rise as I have goosebumps. My room suddenly felt cold, but it's impossible to have cold wind from outside since my room is fully closed. It's like something bad has happened. It shouldn't be related to Tiffany isn't it?

My thoughts were interruped when my bedroon door blasted open and a tall man with his phone in his hand was there. "They're at it again!!!" he shouted. And with his words, I already know it.

The Falcons.

***

 

"What happened?" I asked. Minho and I rushed to the human world after hearing the sudden attack of the Falcons. Tiffany is laying on the ground unconsciously and she was surrounded with prims, the blue and the red.

 

My Prims looks damaged. Their clothes were torn and they have several bruises on their faces and body. I knelt down to check Tiffany's pulse, and I sighed in relief when I felt a throb on her neck.

 

"Black sand-like creatures came and attempted to attack her." one red Prim said. "It's a good thing that we're there, and the others saw it too. So we rushed to protect her. She probably fainted due to shock, but she was untouched by those creatures" the red prim said as I look at her face. Her head is now placed on my lap as support, and I looked at her beautiful face. She looks so beautiful even at this condition.

 

"Maybe because of her flame" I said before looking at Minho who shrugged when our eyes met.

 

"Flame? She has no flame" one prim said, I didn't know who since I was looking at her again.

 

I didn't speak, I just shook my head as response.

 

Tiffany...and the Falcons? Are they after her? But why? Must it be because of her pink colored flame?