Chapter 8

Transcendent

"Should we send one prim on the Falcons so that we can find out why they attacked Tiffany?" Minho asked, I looked at him before face-palming.

"Minho-yah..." I said while rubbing my temple. "That is the stupidest idea that came out of your mouth." I said and he rolled his eyes "We'll find out soon. We just have to take care of her...for now"

"You'll be with her on earth, right?" he asked, I hummed. "So...does that mean that you'll attend the same school as hers?" he asked, I looked at him.

"I can't stay outside of her school and stare at her while waiting for the falcons to attack right" I said rather sarcastically. "Of course I'll attend the same school as her. To keep her safe"

"So she'll be staying here?" he asked again, I nodded this time. He didn't answer back and the atmosphere kinda felt...awkward?

Why are they giving me a feeling that they don't want her to stay here? Like, this is my Aerie, and she has no where else to stay.

"It's not that I don't want her to stay" he suddenly said, reading my thoughts. This is one thing that I hate about the prims that can read minds, they don't consider personal thoughts some privacy. "Why would I not want her to stay here? She seems nice and all. I'm just not used to a human staying here"

"She's not human" I said, Minho's right eyebrow rose. "She really isn't. We'll find out about her soon, that's why we're going to study her right?"

Minho sat back on his office chair before raising his feet on his table as he stretch his arms and screamed for a while. "What if she's bad?" he asked after placing his arms behind his head. I got quiet. "What if we find out about her and turns out that she's as bad as the Falcons? Or in worse case scenario, what if she's worse than the Falcons?" he asked.

I really didn't think about that. But she doesn't seem bad at all. She seems pure and innocent. But what if Minho is right?

I stood up and walked towards the huge glass window of Minho's office. I pushed to curtains aside and looked down on Prism. Prims flying from left to right, the town road being as busy as ever. Aside from my room, Minho's office window gives a very nice view of Prism. "Then we'll try to get rid of her" I said before placing both of my hands on each of my pant pockets. "If what you said is true, then we have to..." my voice trail off, not wanting to say the next word, but I know he already understand.

The sun is setting beautifully and our place is already welcoming the night time. I looked at the left side of town and watch as people walk with things in their hand, groceries and such. Some even stop to talk to a friend or two. I glanced over at the right side and saw running and flying prims. I squinted my eyes to look carefully until I realize what is happening.

Just when I turned around and inform Minho about what's happening, I saw him rush outside, blasting the door open.

I walked out of his office and tried to look for the prims who are in my Aerie to inform them about what is happening. I bumped into Juniel who looked awfully worried. I grabbed both of her shoulders and looked directly into her eyes. "Stay here. Stay safe. Take care of her" I said, referring to Tiffany who might still be sleeping at this very moment.

But I was wrong. The door got open and Tiffany got out, looking confused.

"What's happening?" she asked. Juniel froze in place while whispering something but I didn't understand it because I walked over to Tiffany and held both of her hands, her eyes widened on my sudden action.

"Just stay here, they are attacking again. Keep yourself safe, okay?" I said as I brush her messy hair. "We'll take care of it" I added, she nodded then I gave her a reassuring smile. I let go of her hands before teleporting outside of my Aerie and down to where the Falcons are attacking.

I float around, looking at the terrified prims who Minho is assisting to get away while the other prims fight for our safety. There's this one black sand-like creature with golden eyes started to fly to my place. My hands move back, ready to give the creature a hard punch. Once it got closer to me, I punched it and the sand scattered into the air before disappearing.

The other prims are doing the same. Some even throw huge stuff such as cars, rocks, woods and more—anything that could kills the creatures.

Minho saw me and flew closer to me as he breathe heavily. "Taeyeon-ah" he said, catching his breath. "There's a lot of them" he said. Another creature came flying close to us, but Minho kicked it quickly, making the sand explode and disappear in the air again.

"We should get a sample of those sand and examine it" I said, and another one flew closer. But this time, it's scary. It screamed and it's mouth opened, its teeth is not actually teeth, but it was the same sand just like its body, but pointy. I don't even know if that would hurt. I didn't kick nor punch that creature, I froze it instead. Using my breath, I let out cold breath to freeze the creature, hoping that it would work—and it did. I touched the now frozen creature, which was inside a giant ice formation, with my index finger and it disappered. Minho's eyes widened and looked at me. "I sent it to your office" I said. His mouth formed an o-shape and nodded before smiling. He said that he'll take care of the other prims who are too afraid to fight with the creatures, so I nodded.

I spent more time with some of the prims to take care of the creatures along side with me, while I sent Minho back to study the creature that I froze a while ago. Once that our place is quiet and there are no more black sand-like creatures flying everywhere, I got down and my feet has touched the ground.

I looked around and the other prims that helped me got down as well "Is everybody okay?" I shouted. The hiding prims nodded, and one stubborn prim walked closer to me.

"Why would they be okay? They're terrified, can't you see that?" Sooyoung said. I looked around and some prims are hugging their family, especially the children. "Do you know why they came here?" she asked, I shrugged my shoulders.

"Maybe because of her" I said, referring to Tiffany. I know that Sooyoung already knows that she's here since she was with me when I first approached her. "We're working on it...everything" I added. Sooyoung smiled sadly while patting my back before wishing me luck before she flew away.

I then decided to go back to my Aerie.

I went straight to Minho's office to check the investigation. Tiffany was sitting on a chair across Minho who was looking at her with eyes widened in shock. There is one thing that I noticed: her flame went from unclear pink to hot pink.

And Minho finally noticed it too.

"I see it" he said.