Chapter 4

Transcendent

Imagine a place, a normal place. Just like earth. People walking around, cars on the busy street, and those open shops, restaurants and fastfood chains. Prism is kinda similar to the human world. The only difference is that people can fly and people has powers. Prism looks ordinary, me and my people prefer on making it simple. Our dimension is not like what you have in mind; the place doesn't have violet cloud-less skies and black buildings. It's really simple and ordinary. But cleaner and more organized than earth.

As we step into Prism, I automatically float a few inches in air since I'm too lazy to walk. But since I'm accompanying someone, I chose not to float high.

The other primlings are bowing and greeting me as they see me float by with an unfamiliar face walking next to me. Some of them looked at her on a weird way. They must be wondering why their leader is with a human.

I remembered that Sooyoung couldn't see her flame, and maybe that's why they are looking at her in a weird way. I looked at her, and she looks kind of uncomfortable as she walk beside me and all eyes are on her.

One prim came closer to me and bowed as a greeting. "I thought humans are not allowed here at Prism?" Kai, a red flamed prim, said with a smirk.

"It's none of your business" I answered and continued floating while the girl who's with me continued to walk, but he teleported right infront of us again.

"Why did you bring a human here then? I thought no prims should ever have commitments with humans?" he asked with that disgusting smirk again.

I've had enough of him. I looked at him in the eye until it turned red, and then pushed him without touching any part of his body. He flew miles and miles away and I don't give a single damn on wherever he lands. The prims who were watching us inverted their gaze away from us, avoiding eye contact with me. I looked at the girl who was looking at me with fear. She stepped back a little when our eyes met. I stopped floating and let my feet touch the ground to be on the same level as her. "I'm sorry. He's just–"

"I want to go back" she said, cutting my sentence. I tried to get closer to her, but she stepped back a little more. Even if I'm not looking at the prims who are walking pass by us, I can feel that they're watching us. I sighed as I lowered my head. "I'm sorry" I said before looking at her again "I won't let you go back unless you agree that we'll do some research about you and your flame. You shouldn't let this be for your whole life. Who knows if your flame is dangerous and might cause harm to you and to others?" I asked, she was quiet. "Look, I'm not trying to scare you, okay? We need to find answers. I'm sorry that you had to see that" I referred to the happening about Kai. "...he's just too stubborn. I now promise to be more responsible and less scary. So please, come with me" I said before offering my hand again. She looked down on it before looking directly into my eyes again. It is now her turn to sigh, but she grabbed my hand—I felt her soft touch again.

Without doing anything, not even moving a single inch on my place, we teleported to my Aerie—my home. It was located somewhere in the sky of Prism. It was kind of a floating home and it was in mid air so that I can watch over my world by just peeping out of the window. Getting in is not an easy access—no one can enter except for me, of course. And some of the chosen prims such as my legman, Choi Minho, who is a blue flamed prim that has a job or position that gathers information whenever I needed help on something. My professional red flamed  investigator, Seulgi, she was kind of like a scientist. Or something closer to that. And my red flamed assistant, Seolhyun, you already know what an assistant does. They were the three out of a few of the prims that has access on my Aerie.

My place is as simple as my world. The interiors are black and white since I'd like to keep it simple. White couch, white rug, black coffee table, white walls, black interior decors, and more. I like keeping things minimal. Though my place is not as huge as an acient castle, it's still big enough for one to get lost even if you're finding your way to the comfort room. There are so many rooms, but all of it is different.

I saw her looking around—at those paintings on the wall, at the fire place with a flat screen tv attached on the wall, on the white sculpture of animals such as lions and tigers. "This place looks amazing" she said in awe as she looks at the ceiling that has a hanging chandelier, dangling and glimmering. "Is this place yours?" she asked.

"Of course it is" I answered rather proudly as I float a few inches in the air again.

I heard her say 'wow' in a small tone as she keeps on admiring my place. I cleared my throat. "You can look around later, let's just go to the lab" said. I floated forward and she was walking behind me, still observing the surroundings of my Aerie.

We walked—well, I float and she walk, towards one of my hallways with more abstract paintings. We reached the end of the hallway and stopped infront of a giant bookshelf filled with a lot of books.

She looked at me with a confused face. "Why did we stop here?" she asked, a smile was painted on my face.

My feet touched the white marble ground once again as I touch one of the Harry Potter books on the shelf. "This is my favorite part of my home" I said before pulling the book out, but not entirely.

The shelf moved backwards and glides on the side like those secret doors that you see on movies. And inside, is my so called lab. Seulgi was sitting on a brown bean bag chair while reading—from what I see, a science book. She was wearing her white lab gown and her round shaped specs. We walked in and the door closed automatically behind us.

The lab doesn't really look like a lab. But it does has a lot of computers, and a lot of machines or whatever that Seulgi can use on any science-related things.

When Seulgi finally noticed our presence, she closed the book that she was reading before tossing it in mid air, then the book is back on the lab bookshelf. She stood up and bowed as a greeting. "I can see that you have someone here" she said, which is pretty obvious.

I guided the human on the vacant white bean bag chair just across Seulgi's original position. I let the two of them sit as I walk over the lab bookshelf.

"Books about Prims and flames? Section two, letter F number 10" she said. And yup, she read my mind. But I didn't get to touch the book since it slid out of the shelf by itself, thanks to Seulgi. "I assume that this is something related to this woman sitting infront of me" she said again. I looked at the woman that she was referring to, she was sitting there quietly as she stare at Seulgi, Probably captured by her beauty.

"Can you not see her pink flame?" I asked. Seulgi looked at the woman more carefully for a few minutes before sitting properly on her bean bag chair.

"Nope" she said and crossed her arms. "But I can sense something. Something special? I don't know. It's like she has a power within herself and it's not developing yet." she added. I walked closer to them as I turned the pages of the book about Prims and flames.

I tried to look for the word "pink flame" or anything related to a peculiar colored-prim. But there's nothing.

"What's your name?" Seulgi suddenly asked the woman. I looked at her, and I don't know why, but I'm anticipating on knowing her name.

"Tiffany" she answered with a small, but beautiful smile.

Tiffany. What a beautiful name.