Chapter 10

Transcendent

"Why is this place so damn dark?" I asked when we finally arrived to what it seems like a living room, probably different from where we first went to. The place is more dim than the room that we went to, but it has no tv. There is a huge U-shaped couch infront of a lit fireplace and a brown wooden coffee table in the middle of the couch.

The four of us took a seat on the U-shaped couch, Tiffany sat next to me.

"You already know I hate bright places" Sunny said, I rolled my eyes. Sunny crossed her legs as she sat back on the chair while looking at Tiffany from head to toe, probably examining her and her flame. "Since when did you have this flame?" she asked.

Tiffany looked at me and I nodded once, encouraging her to answer.  "I didn't know that I have it from the start because I couldn't see it, but she..." she said and looked at me. "I mean, one day, she approached me about my so-called flame and I was confused and all. She asked me to come with her to this place." she explained.

"At first I didn't believe Taeyeon" Minho said, adding an explanation. "But one day, creatures started to appear at the earth and attacked Tiffany. The Prims who happens to be there protected Tiffany" he said. Tiffany looked down and fiddled with her fingers.

"Those creatures even came to Prism and tried to destroy the place" I added, I saw Minho nod. "Do you have an idea about this?" I asked Sunny who is still sitting quietly.

She then reached over to the coffee table, which is at the middle of the U-shaped couch, and opened it just like a treasure chest—like the ones you see on movies where coffee tables have hidden compartments. She grabbed one box, which seems to be a cigarette box, and a lighter. She pulled one stick out and set it inbetween her lips then li the cigarette right infront of us.

"Since when did you start smoking?" I asked.

Sunny took a quick hit from the cigarette and turned her head on the opposite position from us to let out a thick smoke, not directly into our faces. "Not too long" she answered while flicking the consumed cigarette on a very weird shaped ash tray, and she left it there for a while. The ash tray  is black and it looks like a cat holding a cup.

"Tiffany" She suddenly said, making the latter look at her in surprise. "Tiffany, right?" she asked, Tiffany nodded. "Have you discovered your powers?" she asked again, but Tiffany wasn't able to answer this time.

"We asked her to stare at a book from my shelf and try to take it out by just thinking about pulling it out" Minho answered for Tiffany. "all the books fell face-down, except for the book you've written. The book about the life of Prims" he added, Sunny raised her brows before taking another hit from the cigarette and placed it back on the ash tray.

"So you can't control it yet?" she asked again. Tiffany didn't speak but she just nodded her head slowly.

"It seems like you already know what's going on" I said, Sunny smile but it disappeared after a short while.

She sat straight as is she was about to say something serious, and I have a bad feeling about it. She looked down at her cigarette like she wants to use it again, but she didn't.

As she was about to open to talk, her white tiger walked in, looking alarmed and went to Sunny's side quickly. Sunny bent down a little to pat the frightened tiger's head. "What's wrong Sogeum?" She asked.

Suddenly, the whole place started to shake. The walls started to crack and little pebbles from the ceiling and it started to open wide. And a slim figure dropped from above in a very powerful way which even cracks the floor.

The place suddenly got bright, brighter than actual light which can actually make us blind. So Minho, Tiffany, Sunny and I, used our hands to cover our eyes so that we wont get blinded by the light. Also, there's strong wind coming from the figure that caused some interiors of Sunny's place to fall and break. A few moments later, the strong wind stopped but the light is still there.

A loud shout was heard and I looked over to where it came from and I was shocked when I saw Tiffany screaming as she was being pulled by a hand that has pale white skin, long glimmering nails because of what I think is nail polish. Our eyes met and I suddenly heard a voice.

"It hurts"

It was Tiffany's voice. I stood up and tried pulled Tiffany away from the tight grip, but it was too strong to the point that she started to cry. "It hurts" her voice was heard in my head again. I wanted to pull her but the grip was too strong, I'm afraid that I might hurt her even more.

On my right peripheral view, I saw Sogeum run to our direction and tried to bite the arm that is gripping Tiffany's wrist, but the arm only flinched. Sunny and Minho finally came to the rescue, I thought they would just sit there and watch.

Sunny came flying to the figure and pinned her down. Judging from the hand, it seems like it belongs to a girl. When Sunny pinned the figure down and lost its grip on Tiffany's wrist, the light started to dim slowly. Minho then walked to our direction too and checked if we're okay. I asked him to take Tiffany somewhere else to hide.

I flew over to where Sunny is fighting with the attacker, and that is where I recognized the attacker.

She has long black hair and her face is shaped beautifully but what made her look scary is her black colored eyes. Her body is the same proportions as Tiffany's. She is wearing a long white gown with an average-sized silver crown filled with diamonds on her head. Sunny held her down by her wrist as the latter let out scary hoarse toned scream, like the ones you hear by monsters on movies.

I tried to help Sunny by using my different powers on her, but nothing happens. She then looked at the door's direction that made a loud sound as it open. Sunny flew away and crashed to the wall when she got pushed by the attacker who quickly flew to Minho and Tiffany's direction.

She was about to grab Tiffany again but Sunny threw a huge rock on the attacker with her powers. And with that, the attacker snapped.

She now flew to Sunny's direction, grabbed her by her neck and choked her until she ran out of breath. Sunny's eyeball started to rall back and was opened wide just like she was screaming, but not a single sound was heard. After that scene, Sunny was dropped down on the floor, unconscious. I tried to fly close to the attacker. But even if I was still a few meters away from her, I was thrown away just like Sunny earlier where she crashed on the wall. I crashed hard, I left a huge circle that was surrounded by the cracks. But I was frozen in place.

She then walked to Tiffany and Minho's direction for the second time, attempting to grab Tiffany again. Minho stood infront of Tiffany as if he was a big buffed man, but he really wasn't. He has a slim figure and he's a tall man. I saw his knees trying hard to act strong and his fists are clenched tight.

The attacker flew up and attempted to grab the two. I tried to escape from the ice that I am trapped in, but I cant. The ice is too thick. I cant control my fire power, I cant melt the ice. I was feeling weak.

I looked into Minho's eyes and tried to talk to im using my mind. "Don't just stand there! Do something, idiot!" I said, the two looked at me.

I suddenly noticed that Tiffany's flame is getting more and more intense, bright and visible than usual. And something extraordinary happened.

She floated.

She looked at Minho and I, but I tried to send her a message using my mind too. If it will work. "Try it" I said.

Just as I thought that floating Tiffany is extraordinary, she herself proved me wrong. She simply flew closer to the attacker and punched her in the face. The brightness brought by the attacker was gone and I was free from the ice that trapped me. But the whole place is a mess.

When Tiffany punched her, she exploded like a pillow filled with feathers, but it was black glittery sand that covered the place instead of feathers.

Once that the two assured that she is already gone, Tiffany set herself down on the messed up ground and the both of them rushed to me, and I was on the floor almost laying down.

Minho helped me sat up and lean against the wall, Tiffany looked at me from Minho's back.

"Who was that?" Tiffany asked, Minho looked at me.

"The queen of the Falcons."