chapter 4

Unusual love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The mother was true to her words and stayed next to the bed looking at her son, but she didn’t have to wait for long.

Baekhyun slowly open his eyes and this time it last more than seconds.

‘It’s the same ceiling’ he thought.

“Baek!” he heard his mother voice so he turn to the side weakly and she was there looking at him with tears in her eyes.

He finally went out of the darkness! He is awake!!!

Baekhyun tried to smile as the tears gathered in his eyes but every movement required a lot of effort, only a small smile was showing.

“Finally! My little baby.” She cried hugging the boy, he left his arm to hug her back and it last a few seconds before they give away and fall to his sides.

He frown ‘since when I have been this weak?’

His mother broke the hug and noticed the frown “what’s wrong? Are you hurt? Did I hurt you?” she asked concern.

He slightly shook his head and open his mouth to speak but nothing came out, he closed and open it again, still nothing.

‘Why can’t I say anything?’

“Don’t worry, everything going to be okay! You father and brother can’t wait to see you awake again!” his mother said as if she can read his mind. “I’m going to talk to them and let them come.” She said excitedly taking her phone and walking out of the room.

Baekhyun was alone, he looked around him as if he expected another human to be here. But there was none.

He was disappointed, he was dying to meet that person who always talk to him.

Talk to him…

Talk?

He then remember he can’t talk, he tried a couple of times to talk but still no single sound was heard.

What’s wrong with me?

He looked at his hands and lifted his arms one by one, it was hard and he can feel himself getting tired but he still do it.

He left them and hold them each for seconds before they drops just like before.

He then remove the cover off him body and did the same thing with his legs but to his surprise they didn’t move, he tried again and nothing happen as if he forget how to use them.

What the hell is wrong? He was so confused that he didn’t hear the door opening and his mother entering the room.

“Baby, why are you crying?” she asked concerned

Crying?

Baekhyun looked at her for a while before looking at his legs again.

That when his mother remember what the doctor told them right after the surgery.

“What’s wrong?” she asked shakily, she already know what wrong “can’t you move your leg?”

He shook his head confused.

‘I can move my hands, why can’t I do the same with my legs.’ his thoughts mostly to her but he can’t speak.

“Oh Baek, god no.” she cried before calling the doctor.

The doctor came and did some check up on his vital sings before moving to the legs.

He hold his big toe in the right leg before flexing it and asked Baekhyun if he felt the movement  but the boy shake his head and the doctor did the same for the other leg, the doctor then start to moving his hand on the boy leg asking if he feel anything and again Baekhyun deny it.

The doctor walked out of the room with the mother following him from behind.

“What was I afraid of happen, your son lost the sensation of his lower body as well as the movement.” He said patting the mother on the shoulder when she start crying.

“But don’t lose hope, with proper medical care and attentive physical therapy sessions there is a chance for Baekhyun to walk again.” He said trying to not give a false hope to the older women but in the same time giving her some hope to not give up, to her and her family.

“Why can’t he talk thought? None of the injuries he suffer affected his voice… right?”

“don’t worry about it, if could be due the prolong coma or the his head injury, his voice would be back on it’s own, just give it time.” The doctor smile at her before walking back to the room so he can exp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter