SEVEN

Moment Of Truth
Please log in to read the full chapter

I had scheduled a recording session the following morning, so after my encounter in the bar I spend the rest of my day composing the melody for the lyrics I wrote as soon as I woke up.

When I arrived at the recording studio Yang Hyun Suk was there waiting for me, he looked pissed. He didn’t even let me greet him or do it himself and started speaking with a severe tone.

“You know I’m still the biggest shareholder of the company, right?” I nodded, it was weird that he refered to himself like that, contrary to the popular belief he wasn’t business centered, he always tries to support his artist to make real music, but this was a business so of course there is always this “return of investment” thing and questions he had to answer to the shareholders board.

“And you know that with that power and also the fact that I’m still the main public figure that represent YG I have been able to protect you, and all the artist of the company, right?” I nodded again, but with a little hesitancy, a little annoyed he added. “Of course the fact that you are one of the artist, if not the only one, that brings more money to the company, also helps.” I nodded with more certainty.

“So you also know that because this is a business, we are still following rules and we make plans, and report our results and earnings to our shareholders, right?” and now I know what he was about to tell me.

“Is this about Lee Ho-Sang?” he didn’t even looked surprised that I knew what he was talking about.

“Yes, he called me this morning.” I felt in a déjà vu. 

Lee Ho-Sang was one of the biggest shareholders of the company, he entered the board in 2012 and by 2014, a year that represent some painful memories for me, he have gained a lot of power –and shares- he was CEO of a big company in Korea, that have expanded to all Asia, so people trust him as a business man.

In YG, and by that I mean the staff, office workers and artist, didn’t even pay him any attention. But this changed the moment he request a private meeting with me. Usually shareholders do take part in some decisions but don’t mess directly with the artists.

I didn’t thought anything of it. The meeting was scheduled a day after the final show of one of my tours, so I was tired, after all the travels and

Please log in to read the full chapter