THREE

Moment Of Truth
Please log in to read the full chapter

At some point I stop eating properly, it usually happens when I’m working but this time was different. I didn’t even felt hungry, I just drank coffee because I needed something to keep going.

And I wasn’t even writing lyrics, I was reading books, novels, articles about art and their artists, watching movies. Afterwards I started to look at my own life, my accomplishments as an artist, as a Korean, as a friend, son, brother, coworker, lover…

Then I search facts about myself, or rather about “G-Dragon”, I read the comments of the netizens, their thoughts, the perception of the public, I also read some articles and things the press say about me, the rumors, the misunderstandings, and the scandals.

And then… I started writing. The first song was all about the bull people, I don´t even know, talk about me, as if I were a thing, an asset.

Soon I was inspired to write about other topics that were equally important and hurtful for me, like the fake people that pretend to be friends with me or the things that come with being a star, beyond wealth and fame, I talk about the downside of it all.

I wrote about the pressure, expectations, concerns, the emptiness of this life style, about the hypocrites, about my own masks.

It have been at least two months since I started this and I hadn’t realized until I heard a big commotion happening outside my studio.

It was my mom. She is usually really respectful with my work, but since I wasn’t even on tour or traveling for some other schedule, she was growing anxious about my wellbeing.

I had not set foot on the house since… I don’t even know.

Please log in to read the full chapter