Chapter Nine

Finding Myself

Once at the coffee shop Sandeul lets go of my hand, the warmth leaving me as we sit across from each other. I'm casually looking through the menu when I feel eyes on me. When I look up I meet Sandeuls soft brown eyes that melt me at the core. "You know I feel like we've met before," He says intently staring at my face.

"AH, the beach yesterday!" I nervously glance around the cafe remembering running from his gaze. "Oh yeah I was in a rush I forgot I had plans," I lie through my teeth hoping he won't realize the real reason.

"Ahh is that why?" He didn't sound very convinced.

"Yeah....."  Just then the waiter interrupted us.

"What can I get you two?" I order an Americano while sandeul ordered an Espresso. An awkward silence filled the air as the waiter left. 

Sandeul clears his throat "What brings you to Jeju?" He asks.

"I well I wanted to have a vacation before I started my new job and I have always wanted to wander around Jeju just taking in the sights."  I answer

"Ah well it isn't my first time here and I know a little bit. I would love to show some of my favorite places." He says

"Really?! I honestly would love that!" My voice cracked halfway through my sentence. Just then our coffee came.

The rest of the time in the coffee shop was spent talking about all the things we could do.

Once we finish our coffee I realize how late it is. "I should probably go back to my hotel" I smile as I stand up. 

"Wait ... Let me walk you?"  Sandeul says getting up as well.

"Oh... ok." I agree and blush. During our time at the shop, we realized that we were staying at the same hotel.

"Let's go," Sandeul breaks the silence.

We leave the shop behind as we step out into the cold of the night. I start shivering as soon as the cold air hits my face. I should have dressed warmer. I feel a hand grab mine. Realizing Sandeul grabbed it and put it in his pocket I uncontrollably blush. We walk in silence but this time it's not awkward it feels so relaxing and natural.

It takes us about 20 minutes to get back to the hotel. Once there we went our separate ways for the night. I remember how he whispered goodnight as he hugged me before getting off the elevator. Leaving me with my fast beating heart.

 

 

And that's this chappie! I hope you like!!!!