Chapter Three

Finding Myself

It's a snowy day in Seoul but despite the cold, I could not have been happier. I am currently in my hotel room witch consists of a bed with a soft gray comforter, a desk, and my own bathroom.  I move over to the window to see the beautiful Seoul skyline in front of me. A view I know I would never forget. The pristine blanket of white sparkling as far as I could see. I set up my laptop at the desk provided as I make my way to the bathroom to wash up. The hot water soothing my muscles and my nerves. The scent of soap enveloping my thoughts. After showering I decide to go to bed. I will be moving into my apartment tomorrow and I know I will need all the rest I can get.


I  wake to the infernal screeching of my alarm, looking up to see It was only 6 am. Rubbing my eyes, I crawl out of bed and get dressed for the long day ahead. After packing my stuff back up I head down to the lobby to turn in my key and hail a cab. 

The most exciting part of my trip so far was the drive through Seoul. This town felt like home and I had only been here 24 hours. I grew up in a small town in the states and had always wanted to be a published author. Luckily for me, I had gotten the chance to publish a book about a year ago which did really well. I had saved the money I had earned from the sales (which was quite a lot) for a rainy day but spent it on the apartment the cab was currently approaching. Once the cab stopped I jumped out, more than ready to see where I would be living from now on. In front of me stood a tall building I knew I would be living on the top floor of. I excitedly walk through the front door, key already in my shaking hand. Entering the elevator I felt butterflies in my stomach. I daze off thinking about how much my life was about to change. The ding of the elevator brings me back to my senses reminding me that I need to exit. Once out of the elevator I make my way down the wide hallway to room 175. I continue unlocking my door with the key. Once inside to my delight I see the furniture I had ordered the day I bought the apartment had already arrived. The soft white rug was laid out on my floor with the black velvet couch and a coffee table on top of it. The apartment was a one bedroom, just big enough for me with one bath. As I enter the bedroom I see the bed and desk previously ordered had also arrived along with the bedding. Sighing with relief I start to unpack my bags.