Chapter one: The Beginning

Finding Myself

Rissa's P.O.V 


This story starts on December 30th, 2017 

It's a cold rainy day and I watch the crisp rainfall from the sky. My room is average size just enough for my bed and desk. I love gray and clean lines and my room shows it with slight pink accents. I am wrapped in a rose-colored throw trying to stay warm.

I sit cross-legged, holding my cup of green tea, as my laptop hums to life. My excitement and curiosity humming with it. My fingers dash across the pad to open the browser. Hurriedly pulling my email I see the new inbox with the results of my DNA test. I have always been a very curious person. I would also say I am far from normal. I love kpop and I have always had a weird connection with the language for some reason. It just felt so right to hear someone speak Korean. About 6 weeks ago I stumbled across a site that offered to show you your heritage across the world through a DNA test. I sent in my 23 and my kit and anxiously awaited results. As far as I know, and as far as my parents have told me, I am part French, German, Hungarian, Irish, and Native American. I've always felt there was something missing from that list. The email finally loads and I open the page to see my results. It turns out I am part Korean, 44% to be exact. At that moment I felt as if everything made sense, the strange feeling of joy I get just from hearing someone speak Korean. I knew I had to go and find myself. I also knew my family wouldn't understand and would be upset when they found out about my plans. Without thinking too much I booked a flight for one week from today. Holding my breath at the check out page I click "ACCEPT"

 

 Authors notes

Hey, guys here's the first chapter and my best friend has actually helped me write this. shes very experienced with writing and shes a million times better then I am. Basically, whats happening is I'm writing the outline of the story shes helping with the detailing as I at it lol. Anyways thanks for reading and I will be updating soon!