Chapter Five

Finding Myself

After returning home I throw the things I bought to the side, remembering I mailed some of my items from home to myself. Opening a box lid on the living room floor I see the sheet and comforter sets I picked out for my new apartment. The box next to it contains my pillows, explaining the large size. The pillows are soft like a friendly hug. Once the boxes are open I decide making my bed would be smart, as the sun was setting and I would surely need to sleep soon. The sheets I picked out matched the comforter both being a simple white. After I made my bed I realized how hungry I am thanks to the loud growl of my stomach. I contemplated going out, but in the end decided ordering in would be the best to help me finish unpacking. 

One Week Later

I woke this morning to the sunlight warming my face. Golden rays seeping in through my sheer curtains and flooding the room with light. I drowsily open my eyes, remembering my surroundings. Rolling out of my bed I head towards the bathroom. I have slowly gotten used to the busy pace of Seoul, along with the beauty of it all. The plethora of people and the sea of colors and faces was becoming familiar. Today was the day I would be traveling to Jeju for a week before I start my new job at the shop down the street. After cleaning myself up I grab my suitcase from the closet to fill with the items I would need. Throwing the suitcase on my bed I carefully pack the clothing, shoes, and beauty items I would need. Before closing it I slide in my laptop and chargers. I slowly make my way to the front door, making sure I have everything I could need. I would be taking a flight to Jeju which would take me about two hours. 

 

Hello to anyone reading I know this has been a slow beginning but the next few chapters are where the plot starts to thicken and I hope you stick around to read them!