Chapter Six

Finding Myself

Landing in Jeju was incredible. The beauty knocks the breath out of you. Towering cliffs and gorgeous beaches frozen in time. Smiling to myself I stand to exit the plain.

The Hotel

Pulling up to the hotel my jaw dropped, sure I had seen the pictures when I booked the room, but it was so magical in person. Everything about this place made me happy. It was still winter so I wouldn't be swimming but it being winter meant there would be fewer people traveling at the time. 

In the hotel room.

Opening the door to my hotel room I throw my bag to the side. The fresh smell hit me as I open the curtains. Crisp sea breeze and tones of the flowers that are gone for now. The view from my room was just as beautiful as the view from the plane making me smile to myself knowing I would have so much fun walking the beach and taking pictures. Not bothering to take off my shoes I grab my phone and my camera and walk back out the door to go for a walk. Once outside I head to the beach. The wind nips at my face as I wrapped my cardigan tighter around me. My cheeks flush and my lips are probably red too. Bending over to tie my shoe I see a little hermit crab sitting next to my foot. "Aigoo," I say to myself before tying my shoe and standing upright to continue my walk. Walks on the beach sound so romantic and peaceful in theory but in reality, you just end up with shoes full of sand. I turn to head back when I see someone sitting alone on the beach. Glancing at the man, he looked incredibly familiar. Only when he looked up and our eyes met did I realize it was the man from the coffee shop. Shocked I turn around and walk away. Once I was far enough away I stop in my tracks, not really sure why I had run. I put my hand on my chest feeling my heart beat rapidly. I'm not sure why I'm reacting this way, especially to someone I had never met before. I continue walking until I make it to my hotel room. Not feeling very hungry I slip into bed dosing off immediately.