Chapter 9

Tears That Never End

 

Since that day onwards, Victoria didn’t go to school without any news.

            She has been absent for 2 days continuously. And she made everyone in the school wondered what happened.

Where else, Eli, MyungSoo and Kevinia just pretended that they didn’t know anything, too. Zico and DongWoon got worried because of Nickhun’s attitude nowadays.

            He turned out to be quiet; it was hard for them just to make him laugh. Every question they asked only got a nod as a replied from Nickhun even though they questioned something that no needs neither nods nor shakes.

            “Nickhun-ah, forget it,” said DongWoon, he tried to console Nickhun.

            “Yeah, she left us…” added Zico while putting his arm around Nickhun’s shoulders.

Nickhun didn’t respond, but only his heart answered everything they said.

            “She never leaves me!” he shouted in his heart.

            “Dude, chill… why don’t you look for her?” asked DongWoon then laid his head on the table. DongWoon and Zico never gave up making Nickhun talk, normally albeit they know he’ll never did.

            “Or… you’ve searched for her?” said DongWoon, again with his question.

            “Ya, don’t worry… the teacher said that they will wait for other 3 days…if she still not coming back, they’ll go and look for her..” Zico interrupted.

            Nickhun still with his position, he didn’t respond neither with talking or moving.

“Nickhun…” called a girl, sounded child. Zico and DongWoon turned their head to the girl, it was Kevinia.

            “What are you doing here? You’ve entered the wrong class.” Said Zico then glanced over Kevinia. Kevinia replied with a smirk.

            Nickhun ignored her. He seriously had gone too far from his real life.

            “Nickhun, Suzy called me just now… she said that..” Kevinia couldn’t finish her words as Nickhun suddenly stood up then slapped her cheek.

            Through his clenched teeth, he told Kevinia to leave. Kevinia didn’t dare to look at him till she felt like she couldn’t move even a bit.

            “Don’t talk about Suzy no more! If not because of her, Victoria and I will never be like this! She restricts our relationship!” exclaimed Nickhun, full of anger.

Everyone in the class was silent as they heard Nickhun’s loud voice.

            “I dare to say that it was not my fault, because that thingummy admitted that she made me drunk! Don’t tell me that you don’t know about this Kevin, you were with her that night,” added Nickhun then clenched his fist; suddenly wanted to punch Kevinia.

            Luckily, he was stopped by DongWoon. Nickhun shouted out loud, furiously. He kicked and threw everything in front of him as he was totally full of anger.

            No one dare to stop him.

            Nickhun’s words just now dumbfounded Kevinia. “You are such a dumbo Suzy…why did you admit your fault…” whispered Kevinia to herself.

            “Tell me why,” asked Nickhun while looking at Kevinia, with anger flickered in his eyes. Kevinia didn’t respond. “Tell me..” said Nickhun once again.

            Kevinia bit her lower lip and her eyes flooded with tears.

            “Tell me!” yelled Nickhun then pushed Kevinia to the wall, roughly.

            “Ya! Stop it!” exclaimed DongWoon and pushed Nickhun away. Nickhun pushed him back.

            “You don’t have to act like this! She is a girl...can you discuss about this nicely?” exclaimed DongWoon then glanced over Nickhun. Nickhun smirked.

            “You don’t understand my feeling DongWoon…. I was blamed for losing Suzy’s ity, and then Victoria left me…. Suzy’s baby died because of I was careless. How guilty I fell right now, no one knows… even though I don’t love Suzy… the fact is.. The baby was mine too…” said Nickhun then took a deep breath.

            Kevinia still with her position didn’t dare to move.

“It is not that I don’t understand you, at least… try to control your temper..” replied DongWoon. Nickhun glared at him then pulled his collar, harshly.

            “Hit me? Go on,” said DongWoon then raised his eyebrows. Nickhun didn’t reply, he glared at DongWoon for a while then punched him; all of sudden.

            Both of them ended up fighting.

The others didn’t dare to stop them; they kept on repeating the word ‘fight!’. Zico was the only one who told them to stop.

            But, his voice couldn’t be heard. Kevinia dared herself to walk towards the two guys whose fighting then immediately pushed DongWoon away.

            Nickhun and Kevinia looked at each other.

“Sorry,” she said then started her talk.

            “I admit it! This is my fault! I asked Suzy to do that because she said she loves you! And her baby died and then she wants revenge. Victoria doesn’t come to school because she got by….” Kevinia gasped then covered with her palms to stop herself from telling the truth.

            “What?” asked Nickhun, through clenched teeth.

“I….I….” said Kevinia with a slight tremor in her voice.

            “Tell me!” Nickhun exclaimed then pulled Kevinia’s shirt harshly. Kevinia once again, didn’t dare to look at him. “She got ,,” answered Kevinia with a low tone.

            “Who did it?” Nickhun asked, again then breathed heavily.

            “Either MyungSoo…. Or Eli…” said Kevinia with her eyes closed and her head bowing.

            “Damn it!” shouted Nickhun out loud then slapped Kevinia’s cheek.

            Everyone gasped, “Ya! Stop it!” said a guy but got ignored by Nickhun as he felt totally angry.

            Nickhun pushed Kevinia to the wall then beat her non-stopped.

Zico and DongWoon tried to stop him while the others busy with their phones; recording a video and certain just watched them fought.

            Nickhun stopped as he realized that Kevinia didn’t move even a bit. He panted heavily then ran towards his seat.

            “Ya, wake her up…” he said with a tremor in his voice. He suddenly acted crazy.

He took his bag then made his way out of the class. He just left Kevinia lying down on the floor. Zico followed him.

            “Kevin-ah!” called DongWoon then patted her cheek twice. He thought that Kevinia has died as she got beaten by a guy.

            Blood kept coming out from her nose and she didn’t move.

Luckily, she was still breathing.

            “Anyone, please inform the teacher bout this and call the ambulance!” said DongWoon, commanding anyone of his friends.

            So, his friends just followed his lead.

            “Kevin-ah… wake up..” said DongWoon, anxiously while patting her cheek, once again.

Minutes passed, their class monitor came to see what was happening.

__________________________________________

            Myungsoo, from other class also heard the news that Kevinia got beaten by Nickhun. He was  at a hospital with Eli and DongWoon.

            Eli took his phone then called JunHyung.

“Hello, hyung…” called Eli “Ne?” answered Jun Hyung.

            Eli started his talk; he told JunHyung that his cousin, Kevinia was badly injured.

“But why Nickhun beat her?” asked JunHyung, curiously.

“...... I am not sure,” he answered, lying because he was afraid that he got busted for Victoria.

            “Ah! Whatever! Wait for me, I’ll be there in any minutes..” said JunHyung then immediately ended the call.

            “Myungsoo-ah.. Don’t tell JunHyung that Nickhun was the one who beat Kevinia…” said Eli while looking at Myungsoo.

            “Why?” Myungsoo asked.

            “Because it has something to do with Victoria, remember that night? You want to get busted?” explained Eli then smirked.

            DongWoon looked at the two who were talking, quietly.

            “Ya… have you call her relative?” asked DongWoon while walking towards them.

DongWoon appearance made them stopped their secret-talk.

            “Ne,” answered Eli while nodding his head. “We wait for him…” he added.

Minutes passed, JunHyung came and immediately approached Eli and the others. “Where is Kevin?” asked JunHyung, sounded totally worried.

            “Hyung, be calm…” said Eli then held JungHyung’s hand. “She is in a coma..” said Myungsoo, straight to the point.

            The news left JunHyung dumbfounded. “Who beat her?” he asked sounded stern.

“That bastard thingummy,” replied Eli then smirked. “Which thingummy you are mentioning? Can you go straight forward?!” exclaimed JunHyung.

            “Stop it okay! Nickhun did it!” Myungsoo answered and that made Eli looked at him.

“Myungsoo-ah!” exclaimed Eli, felt angry as Myungsoo told JunHyung about it. DongWoon didn’t say anything but to keep staring at them.

            The day after the incident, Myungsoo called Suzy and told her that Kevinia was in a coma. Suzy was surprised to hear the news.