Chapter 8

Tears That Never End

-2 days after-

Bell rang.       

            “Myungsoo-ah, let’s start our plan now,” said Eli then smiled, evilly.

            “Yeah, you’re right since there is no one in their classes during recess” replied Myungsoo then both of them laughed.

            “Ah, let’s go now.”

Both of them then made their ways to the class 4F.

            “Ah!” exclaimed Myungsoo in frustration then looked at Eli.

            “What’s wrong?” asked Eli then raised his eyebrows. He looked inside the class, Nickhun was there.

            Nickhun laid his head on the table and made his book as a pillow. He took a short nap in the class during recess at he felt tired. Suddenly, he woke up as his phone vibrated.

            He took his phone and placed it beside his head; ignoring the message. He continued to take a nap.

            “Ya, He’s sleeping,” said Eli then pushed Myungsoo in the class. Myungsoo smirked then walked towards the sleeping guy.

            “Wow! Seems like he understands my intention to go here..” exclaimed Myungsoo to himself then quietly took Nickhun’s phone.

            “Let’s go!” shouted Eli then grabbed Myungsoo hand. Both of them immediately ran to the canteen; afraid that they would get busted.

The bell rang once again; showed that interval time has ended.

            Nickhun who heard the bell immediately raised his head then yawned, sluggishly. He didn’t realize that his phone was missing. So, he didn’t look for it.

___________________________________________

            “Victoria, I want to meet you tonight… wait for me at the school bus stop…” Eli typed the message then sent it too Victoria; pretending that he was Nickhun.

            “Ah… okay..” replied Victoria. Eli and Myungsoo burst into a laugh as they read the reply. “Yea! Gimme 5!” said Eli then continued to laugh.

            “We’re not going too fast right?” asked Myungsoo. “So what? As long as we can ‘eat’ that girl…” replied Eli then chuckled. “Whoa, you will do that, not me,.. I won’t..” said Myungsoo then smirked.

            “Let’s see..” replied Eli.

            ___________________________________________

            Victoria sat at a bus stop, waiting for the ‘fake’ Nickhun for almost like an hour. She looked left and right; she thought that Nickhun had lied to her. She intended to leave but her intention was cancelled as someone hugged her from the back.

            She smiled…

            “Waiting for me?” said a guy, Victoria turned her head then got punched in the face. She fainted. “Myungsoo-ah, you wait there, make a miss call when someone is coming…” said Eli then brought Victoria into the darkness.

The nightmare begun when Eli did it,

            __________________________________________

            “Argh!” Nickhun exclaimed, furiously. He just realized that his phone was missing as he reached home.

            He pushed himself on the bed then sighed in frustration as he got tired to look for his phone. He tried to remember where he put his phone. The only moment he remembered was the time when he put his phone in his pocket before he could take a nap.

            Suddenly, Nickhun woke up from his thought as the doorbell rang. Nickhun immediately got up from his bed then walked towards the door.

            “Who’s out there?” he added but no one answered. Nickhun opened the door to check. He found that it was Kevinia.

            “Hey,” he approached the girl. Kevinia replied with a smile then made her way in. Nickhun didn’t say anything; he closed the door and looked at Kevinia.

            “What’s the matter?” he asked while raising his eyebrows. Kevinia started her talk with a sigh. “Suzy….” She paused then bowed her head.

            “She is moving to Thailand tomorrow morning….” Kevinia informed. Nickhun didn’t respond as he got nothing to say. Both of them quiet for a second.

            “She needs you… follow me.. just for tomorrow,” begged Kevinia then grabbed Nickhun’s hand; showing her pity face.

            “But….” Nickhun refused to follow Kevinia, “What about Victoria.. she..” “You’re so unfair!” exclaimed Kevinia, interrupted Nickhun before he could finish his words.   

            “Can you just let Victoria go for one day? Suzy needs you…don’t easily forget what you have done to her…” said Kevinia and her words successfully made Nickhun easily changed his mind.

            “At what time, tomorrow?” Nickhun asked then scratched his head. Kevinia who acted that she wanted to cry just now suddenly turned out to be happy. She smiled.

            “10 am, Don’t be late,,” replied Kevinia then sat again. Nickhun nodded his head while pouting. “I am thirsty…” said Kevinia, started a new conversation.

            Nickhun didn’t reply, he understood what did Kevinia wanted; a drink.

__________________________________________

-The next morning-

            Victoria opened her eyes, slowly. Her whole body was weak. She looked around, but her view was still blurr.

            “Where am I?” she whispered in her heart. She forced herself to get up even though she felt it was hurt.

            Nickhun suddenly popped up in her mind and that made she wondered where were Nickhun. She moved her hands slowly to search for her clothes. As she got it, she immediately wore it on her body.

            Her eyes were flooded with tears as she remembered again about what happened to her last night. “Nickhun-ah, where were you?” she bit her lower lip then tears started to roll down on her cheeks.

            Victoria stood up then walked weakly to the nearest bus stop. She stopped when she reached there and found out that her mobile phone and her bag were still there.

            She sat down then leaned her head against the bench then cried.

Victoria felt very weak till she felt like she couldn’t let out even a word. She took her phone then kept it in her bag.

            She forced herself to walk again, and then she did.

 She walked here and there; asking for help. She couldn’t use her mobile phone as she was out of credits.

            “Nickhun….

Where were you…. You lied to me? Why don’t you come for me…”

__________________________________________

-At the airport-

            “Nickhun, I will miss you a lot,” said Suzy then hugged Nickhun without the feeling of embarrassment of what she did towards Nickhun.

            Nickhun just replied with a smile but his mind gone too far, he thought of something bad had happened to Victoria.

            “I love you,” whispered Suzy then let go her hands from hugging Nickhun. She took her luggage then continued to walk heading to her flight.

            Nickhun didn’t leave even a word for her as his mind kept thinking about the one he loved. “Nickhun, let’s go back…” said Kevinia then pushed Nickhun’s head.

            Nickhun woke up from his daydream then looked at Kevinia. “Ah… Kevin..” Nickhun called then created a smile on his face.

            Kevinia looked at him then raised her eyebrows as a sign of what. Nickhun replied “Can you lend me your phone for a second?” then bowed his head.

            Kevinia smirked. “For what?” she asked.

            “I’ve lost my phone…. I want to call…. Victoria,” he replied then smiled, shyly.

            “Again with her! Nickhun, I…” Kevinia couldn’t finish her talk as Nickhun interrupted her.

            “What? I am finish with Suzy! She’s gone to Thailand…please understand me..” begged Nickhun.

Instead of picking up a fight, Kevinia took out her phone from her bag then handed it to Nickhun. Nickhun didn’t say anything except for giving a smile to Kevinia.

            He took the phone then dialed Victoria’s number..

__________________________________________

            Victoria’s phone kept on ringing, she heard it but it was far from her. Her energy was inadequate for her to get up again.

            “Miss, take a rest, don’t worry… I won’t hurt you…” said a guy then served a glass of warm water to Victoria. Victoria stared at the guy then grabbed his hand before he left the room.

            The guy looked at Victoria then smiled while raising his eyebrows.

            “Thanks,” said Victoria then created a smile on her lips.

            “Anytime,” the guy replied then walked out of the room then closed the door.

Victoria closed her eyes and tried to put her mind off the incident that just happened to her.

            “You asked me to come over…. Where were you? I know that you were not there last night…. There was no one there to save me…. I am sorry, Nickhun…”

            Victoria opened her eyes then they were flooded with tears.

“Oppa! I need you!” she wanted to cry but not even a tear escapes from her eyes; it was just that her heart kept crying out loud.

            Minutes passed, Victoria couldn’t stand her feeling; she wanted to tell her parents what happened to her. She forced herself to get up then used her elbows to support her body.

            She walked out of the room with her bag.

“Where are you going?” asked the guy as he looked at Victoria. “Sorry, but I have to go and meet my parents..” Victoria bowed at the guy then continued to walk.

            “Victoria…” called the guy. Victoria was surprised to hear that. She turned around then looked at the guy. “How do you know my name?” she asked.

            “Your phone, I am JunHyung, btw.” Said the guy then handed the phone to Victoria. Victoria took the phone then forced herself to smile.

            “Wait..”  said JunHyung, once again, his word stopped Victoria. Victoria looked at him.

            “What happened to you?” asked JunHyung, curiously. He acted like he knows Victoria much. Victoria bit her lower lip then bowed her head. Both of them quiet for a second.

            “I…. I am okay! Nothing happened..” replied Victoria lying. JunHyung nodded with a smile. Victoria left him without saying anything except for a smile that was full of sadness.

            JunHyung’s phone rang a minute after Victoria left him. It was a call from his cousin. He picked up the phone and answered the call. “JunHyung, come and fetch me, I am at ….. Somewhere in airport…” said his cousin.

            “AH,.. okay.” He answered then ended the call.

__________________________________________

            Nickhun was at a restaurant, alone. He left Kevinia with her business at the airport. He looked outside through the window and found out that it was raining.

            “Victoria…” he called, “Why I keep thinking about you….” He whispered to himself then sighed in frustration; frustrated because he didn’t take good care of Victoria well.

            Every single second, Victoria was the only one he thought about and he felt it was a relief that Suzy said she will stay in Thailand for 5 years.

            “Excuse me,” approached a waitress then handed a menu to Nickhun. Nickhun looked at her then smiled, graciously.

“No thanks,” he replied then smiled, once again.

            The waitress bowed at her for a second then left him with his daydream.

Nickhun took a knife that was placed beside a plate on a table then created something on the wall.

            “Nickhun Loves Victoria 6th march”

As he finished his ‘drawing’, he put away the knife.

            “Vick… let’s make our love story become a history..” he said, as if Victoria could hear him

            “I am sure, we’ll finish our love story happily even though we wasted too much tears….”

__________________________________________

-Victoria POV-

            “Omma, appa…” called Victoria, on the phone. There was a slight tremor in her voice as she was crying.

“Vicky-ah. How are you?” asked her mom, sounded jolly when she heard her daughter’s voice. “Omma…” called Victoria, again.

            “Vicky… what’s wrong?” asked her mom, started to get worried. “Omma…. I am in front of your house now,” she answered then forced herself to smile as she saw her mom looked at her through the glasses.

            Her mom opened the gate and Victoria made her way in. She immediately hugged her mom then let out her tears.

            “What’s wrong?” asked her mom, curiously. Victoria wiped her tears while shaking her head then looked down.

            “Oh, get in first then you tell me.” Said her mom then both of them walked heading to the living room.

            Victoria started her talk.

            “I….I … “ she paused then wiped her tears once again. “I got .” She said, straightforward and that made her mom startled. Victoria began to cry again.

            Both of them couldn’t say anything that time. Her father got up from his seat as he heard that.

“Who did it?!” exclaimed his father, through clenched teeth. “Appa..” Victoria walked towards his father then hugged his leg.

            “Sorry….” She said while crying.

“Vicky-ah… you don’t need to be sorry…it is not your fault..” added her mom with a cry. “Who did it, tell me…” said her father, he was flushed in anger.

Victoria shook her head while looking at her father, “I don’t know,,,” she said.

            Her whole body was shaking as she still felt unstable. Her father knelt down then hugged Victoria.

            “I’ve lost my ity…” whispered Victoria to herself and that made she felt more hurt. “We must report this to the police station,” said her mom.

            “No.. please don’t.  I don’t want the world to know about this..” said Victoria, objected her mom’s intention. “But..” her mom couldn’t finish her words as her father interrupted. “Let her with her decision..” said her father.

            “I will never get my ity back….that’s it,” she said then held herself from crying. She really didn’t want Nickhun to know about what happened to her.

            She was afraid that Nickhun will leave her,

 “Nickhun…. I still wonder where were you? You left me? Nickhun-ah…. I am sorry”

“Victoria… where are you, I’ve been looking for you … I miss you even for one day I don’t see your face”