Chapter 10

Tears That Never End

-3 days passed-

“Ma’am, please… I am begging you,” begged Nickhun, he knelt down while holding the headmistress’ hand.

“Nickhun… please don’t do this to me, I seriously can’t accept you again, you give this school a shame!” exclaimed the headmistress then pushed Nickhun’s hand away.

He stood up as the policemen beside him grabbed his hands.

Nickhun couldn’t say anything. He made his way out of the principal’s room with the two policemen.

For the second time, Nickhun got expelled from the school as the news about him beating up Kevinia was all over the world. So, he was put behind the bar for his mistakes.

__________________________________________

Victoria was in a living room in her parents’ house. She kept on staring at the television for no reason.

Suddenly, she woke up from her daydream as she heard the news about Nickhun. She was totally dumbfounded. She walked closer to the television to make sure that she heard it right.

“Nickhun-ah…” she called.

Her eyes were flooded with tears. She couldn’t hold any longer, so she cried. She turned off the television because she didn’t have a heart to hear anymore about Nickhun.

            She made her way to her room then pushed herself on the bed.

“Nickhun, why?” she asked to herself while wiping the tears that kept falling down.

Suddenly the bell rang.

            “Hold on,” said Victoria’s mom then opened the door. “Hyorin-ssi,” she approached while smiling at Hyorin, Victoria’s class teacher.

            “Come in first,” said Victoria’s mom then offered Hyorin to sit. “Ahjumma…” called Hyorin then grabbed her hand.

“Ne?” asked Vic’s mom. “I come here to visit Victoria…” explained Hyorin.

            “Oh,” replied Vic’s mom while nodding her head. “Let me call her,” she added then made her way to Victoria’s room.

            She knocked on the door then opened it. Victoria was still lying on her bed while burying her face in her pillow. Her mom walked towards her then sat on her bed.

            She Victoria’s head. “Vicky-ah.. you have a guest,” informed her mom. Victoria turned her head then immediately got up from her bed.

            She hoped that Nickhun was the guest even though she knew Nickhun was in the prison. She hopped off her bed then ran to the living room with a wide smile.

            “Nickhun!” she shouted but then her smile gone as she saw her class teacher.

“Hyorin-ssi…” she approached, sounded frustrated.. Hyorin replied her with a smile hovered on her lips.

            Victoria walked towards her then made herself sat next to her. “What are you doing here?” she asked while bowing her head. Hyorin smiled at her.

            “Victoria…” she called, “What happened to you?” asked Hyorin then made a short hum. Victoria bit her lower lip then raised her head.

            Victoria’s mom left Hyorin with her daughter to have their conversation. She came for a second then served two glass of water to them. As her mom leaved, Victoria started her talk.

            “I got….. …” she said, straightforward. Hyorin couldn’t say anything; she was surprised to hear that. “Poor Victoria, she is just 19!Why would someone do this to her” whispered Hyorin to herself.

            “Have you report this case?” asked Hyorin, worried. Victoria shook her head. “I don’t want Nickhun to know about this, plus… he is in the prison now..” said Victoria then suddenly grabbed Hyorin’s hand.

            “Hyorin-ssi….. please don’t tell anyone about this,” begged Victoria with her face full of sympathy. “How about your study?” asked Hyorin, sounded worried.

            “I will go to school if I am not pregnant, just give me time…” begged Victoria, once again. Hyorin didn’t know what to say except for nodding her head showing that she agreed with Victoria.

            “What if you’re pregnant?” said Hyorin, again with her question. Victoria was silent; she looked down while thinking of a solution.

            She looked at Hyorin again; “I will stop study and raise my baby…” answered Victoria, confidently. Hyorin totally understood her feeling and she felt pity for Victoria: she needed to stop study early in her last semester, if she was pregnant.

            “Victoria, if you have problems, just let me know…” said Hyorin, kindly offered her ears for Victoria to confess her feeling. Victoria just nodded her head.

            “Just please,.. I need time…” said Victoria. Hyorin let go Victoria with her decision but in one condition, “Go to school until the baby is born,”

            Victoria didn’t respond and she kept on staring at Hyorin. “Hyorin-ssi…” she called with her weak voice. Hyorin sighed.

            “I just want you to finish your study and graduate like the others do…” explained Hyorin. Victoria ended up crying as she heard about graduating; she felt sad too because IF she was pregnant, she will automatically get kicked out of the school.

            “I….” Victoria refused to follow what Hyorin’s said. “What if my tummy is getting bigger? Will the teachers still want me to study?” asked Victoria.

            Hyorin didn’t reply. She bit her lower lip, “Just….” She couldn’t finish her talk as she didn’t have a heart to do so.

            Both of them quiet. “I… I will study… but… I need to have an abortion,” said Victoria and her words made Hyorin startled. “No!” she said, strictly objected Victoria’s intention.

            “But how?!” asked Victoria, raised her voice. “No..Don’t think of killing your baby..” replied Hyorin then tears rolled down her cheeks.

            “How am I going to school IF I am pregnant?!” asked Victoria again. “Just go…..if your tummy is getting bigger..”  Hyorin couldn’t finish her talk; Victoria interrupted her.

            “Then stop schooling…” she added. Hyorin nodded as a sign of yes. Victoria bit her lower lip; tears kept escaping from her eyes.

            “Hyorin-ssi..I…” said Victoria then paused for a second. Hyorin looked at her, “I will do what you asked me to do….but…keep this is a secret…” said Victoria,

            Hyorin said she promised Victoria that she will never tell the others about it. Hyorin hugged Victoria. Both of them cried.

            “Nickhun-ah…...I miss you… I wonder what happened to you?” “Who me?” “Why did they me?” “And where were you, Nickhun?” “Why didn’t you look for me?” Victoria came with bubble of thought that made she felt more hurt.

__________________________________________

-The next day-

            DongWoon had lain his head on the books all day as he felt boring without Nickhun. Suddenly, his phone rang. He ignored the call.

Zico took his phone then answer the call for him. “Hello, Zico speaking,” said Zico. “Zico, this is me, Victoria..” Victoria answered.

            Zico’s eyes turned wide. “Victoria?!” he exclaimed and that made DongWoon raised his head then looked at Zico.

            “Meet me now at my house…” said Victoria then immediately ended the call. “Hello?” said Zico then moved the phone further from his ear as no one answered him.

            He looked at Dongwoon, “Follow me,” he said then grabbed DongWoon’s hand. Both of them made their way out of the class.

            __________________________________________

-Victoria’s house-

            Zico and DongWoon knocked the door. Victoria who had been waiting for them immediately got up from her seat then opened the door.

            “Vicky-ah…” called DongWoon then smiled, gladly as he saw Victoria. Victoria replied his smile then told them to come in.

            Victoria brought them to her room then they had their conversation.

            “Where were you?” asked Zico while raising his eyebrows. Victoria bowed her head. “I…” she sighed. “You got ?” asked DongWoon and his words made Victoria raised her head then looked at him with a surprised expression.

            “How… do you know?” asked Victoria, curiously. “We heard it from Kevinia…” answered Zico.

            “What? Kevinia? What’s with her?” asked Victoria, became more curious. “Does this have something to do with Nickhun beating up her?” asked Victoria again.

            “W…wait...Let me tell you,” said DongWoon then looked at Zico while raising his eyebrows; wanted an agreement from Zico before he could tell Victoria what happened.

            Zico nodded “Victoria has the rights to know about this,” replied Zico. “Okay,” said DongWoon then looked at Victoria.

            “You heard the news right?” asked DongWoon, Victoria replied with a nod.

            “Nickhun did that because… Kevinia admitted her fault that, she planned all this..”

“What?!” exclaimed Victoria. DongWoon patted her shoulder twice. “Listen to me first…” said DongWoon. Victoria sat once again then listened to what DongWoon was trying to say.

“She told Suzy to get herself pregnant with Nickhun so that Nickhun left you…. But, their plan stopped as Suzy miscarriage. Kevinia said that Suzy wants a revenge, they planned something new.. And their plan is to ask someone to you…” explained DongWoon.

             “So… Nickhun knows about this?” asked Victoria with tears rolled down her cheeks. Zico and DongWoon nodded. “Who me?!” she asked while pointing at herself.

            DongWoon didn’t have a heart to look at Victoria because she made him thought about Nickhun. “Who me?” asked Victoria again with a cry.

            “It’s either…. Myungsoo or Eli….” said Zico.

Victoria didn’t reply but to keep crying. She suddenly felt dizzy and that made she collapsed. “Vicky-ah!” called Zico then patted her cheek.

            “Ahjumma!” exclaimed DongWoon calling for Victoria’s mom. Seconds passed, her parents came. “Ya! What happened?” asked her dad.

            Zico shook his head, “She suddenly fainted…” added DongWoon. Victoria’s dad picked her up then made she lied on the bed.

            “Call a doctor to come,” said her mom.

__________________________________________

            “Your daughter is fine, maybe she is too stress, so.. Let her rest..” said the doctor as he made a checkup. Victoria’s mom just replied with a nod and smiled at the doctor.

            “Thank you,” she added. The doctor smiled at her back then made his way out of the room.

            “Victoria, are you okay?” asked Zico. Victoria smiled at him then nodded her head. Her face was pale.

            “Are you sure?” asked DongWoon then Victoria’s head. She nodded once again. “Mmm…. I think we need to go now, it is already 7.” Zico said while looking at his wristwatch.

            Before they could leave, Victoria grabbed DongWoon’s hand and that made DongWoon looked at her. “Ne?” he asked while raising his eyebrows.

            “If Nickhun already out…please… don’t tell him you met me… and don’t tell him anything else… I am begging you…” said Victoria then created a smile on her face.

            DongWoon just nodded. “Don’t think about it too much… just take your rest..” said DongWoon then left the room with Zico.

__________________________________________