Chapter 8

The Bird

“Okay everything’s fine everything's just fine .” Kelsi paced back and forth in the green room, “It’s all good.” She looked down at the thin broken chain in her hand, her thumb rubbing over the metal plate where her middle name was engraved. Her mom had bought her and her siblings the same bracelet but didn’t want their first names on it so she let them get their middle names engraved. She reached for her phone but came up empty. After a short second of panic, she remembered her mentor had it and breathed out a sigh. She quickly changed back into her normal clothes and then started to pace again, staring at the broken bracelet. She ed up. She ed up bad. She’s going to have to go back into training. She was going to lose her mentors.

The door to the green room opened and her mentors walked in. The eldest handed his mentee her phone and she quickly typed out a text to her younger siblings apologizing for breaking her bracelet. Her mentors took in the panicked expression and the shaky hands clutching her phone and the broken bracelet and shared a wary look.

“Are you okay?” Jimin questioned.

Kelsi nodded and then a second later shook her head, looking up at her mentors with sad eyes, “I broke my bracelet.”

Yoongi blinked, “Okay?” The small girl’s eyes locked on his.

“Okay? No. Not okay.” Her voice was starting to get more and more frantic.

“It’s just a bracelet.” He said slowly.

“Just a bracelet? You don’t understand.” She scoffed, shaking her head once more.

“I don’t. Explain it to me.” Jimin and Junhong looked between the two, not knowing what to do.

“It’s not just a bracelet.” Kelsi huffed. Yoongi looked at her with slight disgust in his eyes.

“I didn’t know you were that materialistic.” He shook his head. Kelsi’s lips parted in surprise.

“ Excuse me ?” She snapped. Junhong quickly stepped between the two.

“Okay okay. Can we move on?” He pleaded, “We have things to do.” Yoongi nodded, looking like he was suddenly over it.

Kelsi, on the other hand, was fuming, “Fine. It’s just a bracelet? It’s just a ing bracelet.” She threw the broken chain by the couch and then crossed her arms over her chest, “Now what are the things we need to do?”

“We’re going to meet Yoongi hyung and my other members,” Jimin explained. Kelsi paused, her anger deflating into confusion.

“Why?” She questioned. Yoongi chuckled and repeated her question quietly as if she had just told a good joke, “Wasn’t that supposed to happen if I passed the audition process?” The three men nodded, not understanding what she was trying to say, “Then why…”

“... You think you failed.” Junhong stated, realizing the root of her confusion.

“Didn’t I?” She whispered.

“No. No, you didn’t. You dumb talented little girl. Let’s go.” Yoongi laughed. Jimin giggled as Kelsi’s eyes lit up. He took her hand and led her out of the room. Junhong followed the two chucking to himself. Yoongi stayed back for a second before wandering over to the couch and picking up the broken bracelet his mentee had thrown. He turned around to find Junhong standing in the doorway watching him with an amused look, “Oh. I thought you left I was gonna catch up with you guys.”

“I came back after I noticed you weren’t with us,” Junhong explained, glancing at his elders hand. Yoongi slipped the bracelet into his pocket and walked over to Junhong.

“Thanks.” He walked out of the room, his hand brushing against Junhong’s. Junhong smiled and grabbed his hand before pulling him to walk faster so they can catch up with Kelsi and Jimin. They walked outside to the car where jimin glanced behind them and coughed pointed down at their hands discreetly. The two idols quickly dropped the others hand looking away awkwardly. Jimin laughed, making Kelsi turn to him and ask what’s funny. He shook his head and helped her into the car. Junhong tried to push passed Jimin so he could sit with Kelsi but Jimin stopped him.

“I get you wanna spend time with her but you slept with her last night so.” Jimin pointed out. Junhong’s cheeks grew red and let the older but smaller idol slide in before him.

Once they were all in the car Kelsi laid her head on Jimin’s shoulder and promptly fell asleep.

Yoongi laughed quietly at how quickly the girl had passed out, “Now that’s my type of girl.”